It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police force found guilty of discrimination against hetero/white male - UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yes but Daddy was a Policeman, and is now rather miffed i imagine that his son cannot follow in his flat footsteps.

Ah well, maybe he should have studied physical education and home economics instead of particle physics/cosmology?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

I'm not a leftie as you would describe but i do sort of have a counter-argument for you.

Lancashire these days has a largely diverse population. Im thinking specifically places like Bolton, Nelson, Blackburn, etc. In some areas of these places, whites are a serious minority and yet the Police is almost exclusively white. This obviously can breed resentment and lack of trust and the simple way to remedy that is to make the Police Force more diverse.

So positive discrimination can be a good thing. Where this case (and others also) can and do go wrong is when people who are clearly the better candidates are passed over completely simply because of positive discrimination. That makes no sense and, far worse, actually increases resentment for all communities.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Even in some of the highest asian populated areas the force is overwhelmingly white. Know why? Because the Muslims simply don't apply aren't qualified and don't see the Police the same way as we do. They have their own laws from God to follow, they just pay lip service to the "law". Many years ago Bradford Police actually lowered the pass rate and STILL didn't get any asians that could pass bar 2 who didn't even complete their training. Joining the police isn't seen in the same light as it is by white people either, some sections of the Muslim community see it as quite a betrayal !

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Anti discrimination laws working as intended.

What argument are you expecting?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Double
edit on 23-2-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Quite a few people, aside from Muslims, don't see the police as anything other than the biggest gang in town, corrupt beyond belief, and also a shower of drug dealing bastards ta boot if truth be told.

You can understand right from wrong and pick and choose which of there nonsensical self-serving laws to follow or pay lip service to and be a better Man for it.

Peoples ambivalence towards Police in this day of age transcends any silly racist bullcrap.

I would trust a common variety everyday Muslim before a Police, that's a given.

After all, they are still people, Police well not so much anymore.
edit on 23-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Apparently they did not understand the Positive Action law.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Affirmative action in action.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I would go further and say that they would pass over any wrong doing

of their own 'brothers' as not exactly of the mind set of 'law and order'

eg. like birds of a feather flocking together.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

They certainly like to cover there own behinds.

And will blatantly and consistently lie in a court of law to cover there own arse or that of there brethren.

Not to smart all the same, as any decent judge, can spot they seldom have all their duck in a row.

Another thing that irks me somewhat where Police are concerned, you cannot sue them unless they actively show malice towards you, which basically amounts to repetition, meaning they can pretty much get away with whatever they wish, at least once, yet seldom face legal recourse or consequence.
edit on 23-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

When are we (humans) finially going to discriminate against the police by refusing to join.
Any organisation that makes their living predominantly at the demise of others should be boycotted by humanity.
Lets see em discriminate then.

<< 1   >>

join