It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police force found guilty of discrimination against hetero/white male - UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Matthew Furlong, who hoped to follow in the footsteps of his father - a serving detective inspector in the same police force - had applied to join in 2017. The 25-year-old passed the interview stage and said he was told "it was refreshing to meet someone as well prepared as yourself" and that he "could not have done any more". However, the applicant - who studied particle physics and cosmology at Lancaster University - was later told he lost out to other candidates, prompting his father to file a complaint. Mr Furlong has now won an employment tribunal case, which found Cheshire Police had discriminated against the applicant on the grounds of sexual orientation, race and sex.
Source

Finally the MSM report the truth, it must have really hurt them to do this.

No doubt this will be swept under the carpet like everything else. My favourite part is when they say this is the ‘first case in the UK’ hahahahaha HILARIOUS, this has been going on for the past few years!

Looking forward to the do gooders/liberal/labour voters arguments to this

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's funny that when you look at real instances of real racism, it's hardly directed at anyone other than Whites. Weird world.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This thread has been up over 20 mins and the defenders have not appeared yet lol. I know this has really blown your world view to pieces guys but please do join us and present your best arguement.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

Well, I got one problem with this story. What makes this guy so special? Assuming it is true that hundreds others have been discriminated against in the name of diversity, why should this guy NOT be discriminated against?

Plus, there's a tremendous benefit to reverse discrimination! It weakens the social fabric and encourages more hatred and distrust of government that pursues such policies.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ok so by that logic millions of people have been murdered in the name of religion, I’ll go out now and kill a Muslim/catholic/Hindu and that’s ok because loads of others have done it.

Nice try - Next arguement please

a reply to: TonyS

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Looking forward to the do gooders/liberal/labour voters arguments to this

If it wasn't for that arsehole Corbyn I'd probably be a Labour voter, same as many of my family, friends and associates....not one of them would agree with this.....I know I sure as hell don't.

Maybe no-one has replied because everyone knows this is invasive politically correct bollocks and no-one wants to mirror the left/right bull# that dominates US political threads.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Yea the force screwed themselves when they said you couldn't hahave done better. Then to not get the job? Lol

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They had recruitment adds up specifically asking for anyone who wasnt straight, white and male.
I cant see how they even argued their case tbh.

With something like the police force there should be no qoutas or diversity hires, it should be the best possible person from all potential candidates. Anything less is an insult to the police force and the people its supposed to protect.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It was my first post of the day.

You dont recognize "silly" when you see it, do you.

It was the best I could come up with in short order. You were complaining no one had responded so I typed out the first silly thing that came to mind.

We have been having this problem in the US for decades and we are still told we are racist. It is highly infuriating.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

With something like the police force there should be no qoutas or diversity hires, it should be the best possible person from all potential candidates.

The best person for the job should simply be the person best qualified for the job regardless of race, creed, sexuality or gender.
Anything else is just papering over the cracks.

It really is that simple.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Why not just become a social worker instead?

After all the profession is rather synonymous with policing these days.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Apologies, been a pretty long day today and didn’t recognise the sarcasm!

I now have beer so all is forgiven and I am happy again

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Where Police are concerned we would be better off assigning positions via lottery.

As the job these days simply attracts the wrong sort of people right off the bat.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

He took a stand? Others are so he should be as well?

There is no such thing as reverse discrimination or racism, for the context of race or gender to be taken in such serious regard is simply discriminatory, period. I get that they use group dynamics to reduce our individual rights, I mean that's what it had always been about. Having rights based solely on being human should be grand scale concepts not to be reduced to identity groups.

Unfortunately we are very stupid and continually cause these things to happen by discriminating and falsifying discrimination. Sometimes people truly are being discriminated and sometimes there were more qualified candidates, however qualifications or variable expression attributed to them are subjective and opinionated by nature. Companys should reach out and explain their desicisons to their top candidates, it would reduce this feeling in people they are being overlooked for inane purposes and it would also help them to do the things necessary to better prepare themselves.

Anybody that realizes we need to be a more effecient society, should not overlook the need for hires to be the best qualified. Affirmative action has decimated the effeciency of our society and creates apathy among employees. If high performance can become meaningingless you only have moral convictions of a person wanting to do their part pushing them. This is not enough for most people.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No apoligies needed. I get it.

Beer fixes most everything!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

You know not of what you speak. In the major US metro areas, those white guys who wanted to be cops were basically told, "whites need not apply". Fine. So they went to predominantly white jurisdictions to get jobs as cops. And as the cops in the major metro areas became almost entirely POC, the whites go nervous and moved out. Ferguson is a perfect example.

So what is the effect of the reverse discrimination that doesnt exist? Self-segregation. How efficient is that?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Freeborn

Where Police are concerned we would be better off assigning positions via lottery.

As the job these days simply attracts the wrong sort of people right off the bat.

the same should be done with politicians.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Most definitely.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You misunderstand my objection, I'm simply saying the concept of reverse racism or discrimination is flawed not that the action we associate with it not being real. Whites need no apply isnt reverse racism, its racism.

I was agreeable with you except on that point and asking what made him special. I understand that you're asking why now, but if he was able to prove in court he was discrimanated against there is no reason to take away from that.
edit on 2/23/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

1 - education path to a police career = partical physics // cosmology

2 - over educated

3 - groomed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join