It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid politicians on gun control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Gun control is almost certainly the one area where our beloved lawmakers really embarrass themselves with their silly rantings.
Some of these comments are flat out insane. It's comedy gold.
I remember an NRA spokesperson once saying that some of these politicians get their gun "knowledge" from watching cartoons.

New York assemblywoman schools her constituents on "heat-seeking" bullets:

A barrel shroud is "a shoulder thing that goes up."

Dianne Feinstein says "It's legal to hunt humans."

Sacramento City Councilmember Sandy Sheedy claims that "A lot of people have been shot by unloaded guns."

Ex-prez and super-liar Obama telling us that it's cheaper and easier for young kids to buy guns than books:

Rep Diana Degette thinks that you can only use a high-capacity magazine once:

On the flip-side:

All I'm for is the liberty of the individual. ..John Wayne
edit on 23-2-2019 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

It is pretty clear that the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." - Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."- Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778
edit on 23-2-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Bwhahahaaaa.

Heat seeking bullet!

Better to remain silent, and be thought a fool.

Than to speak and remove all doubt.

Gunphobes.

The most willfully stupid group of people I've ever seen in this country.

Next to the means of production crowd.
edit on 23-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I think the more interesting commentary is not where Democrats say stupid stuff about gun control. But where is the line Republicans drawn in the sand where gun control should exist. Should bazookas, 50 caliber machines guns, and stinger missiles be legal or not? Should the private citizen be able to own a fully functional WWII tank?

Take the stinger missile for example. Imagine what would happen is somewhere were able to sell stinger missiles on the side of the road along near an airport. Hmmmm, what could possibly happen? Guys could sit on corners like handing out flowers or spray cleaning wind shields. "Hey mister, is your ex-wife getting on a flight? I have a big package of love for only 5 bills".

So my question is to all you stand-up mightier-than-thou Republicans with real backbones where do you stand? If you are for government you can drown in a bathtub then show your true colors on gun control and say, "no restrictions".

edit on 23-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Gun control SHOULD NOT EXIST.

The second,fourth,FIFTH, 6th,7th,9th,10th,14th amendments EXPLAIN so well as to why.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Not a 'publican but:

Should bazookas, 50 caliber machines guns, and stinger missiles be legal or not? Should the private citizen be able to own a fully functional WWII tank?

Bazookas (RPG's) are legal to own with the proper licenses. As I understand it, the "Stinger" or other SAM systems have technology that is not public so could not be manufactured and sold. Also anti-aircraft weaponry is universally banned. I don't really agree with this as the market would dictate these items to be cost prohibitive to actually own.

There are lots of privately owned tanks.

The questions don't make much sense in context.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The context is.

Use red herrings to ban 'clips' and the way firearms look.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

"It'S aN aSsAulT lOokiNG wEaPON!"

"AsSauLT sTyLE!"

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Assaulting civil liberty taking the gunz and ignoring due process.

They are masters of harm.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Politicians are primarily overly-entitled bullies.

A bully is frustrated from achieving their goals when the victim(s) can resist or fight back.

Thus politicians do not want YOU to be safer, they want to remain on top as bullies do, in charge and THEY want to be the ones with firearms. On the street, a big tough guy is driven nearly mad when a small, elderly person can defend themselves and are armed, because they EXPECT to dominate due to age, size and their own inflated self-importance.

This is why politicians do not care about FACTS they want your ability to defend yourself REMOVED no matter what they have to say, no matter what they have to do.

They do NOT care about the safety of kids in schools, else they'd have made schools hardened just as well as their offices in Washington DC. They have armed bodyguards and do not think the general public should be guarded or armed, because that takes away from their feeling of being politically and situationally IN CHARGE.

One policewoman admitted when she saw a legally armed citizen being very upset because she no longer felt 'special' being allowed to carry a firearm. She later modified her views but it's well known that this is what many LEOs feel.

FWIW

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm not advocating no restrictions on gun ownership. There are restrictions and safeguards in place, like background checks and waiting periods. Nobody is saying stinger missiles should be available to the public.

The point of this thread is to expose the stupidity of these politicians. Tucker Carlson asked the New York congresswoman what a barrell shroud was. She said she didn't know, yet she's trying to ban them. Do you think that's OK?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The background check didn't exist for over two centuries.

And it is a clear violation of ones civil liberty.

It's a bridge to far that one has to prove their innocent to practice an inalienable right.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think the more interesting commentary is not where Democrats say stupid stuff about gun control. But where is the line Republicans drawn in the sand where gun control should exist. Should bazookas, 50 caliber machines guns, and stinger missiles be legal or not? Should the private citizen be able to own a fully functional WWII tank?

Take the stinger missile for example. Imagine what would happen is somewhere were able to sell stinger missiles on the side of the road along near an airport. Hmmmm, what could possibly happen? Guys could sit on corners like handing out flowers or spray cleaning wind shields. "Hey mister, is your ex-wife getting on a flight? I have a big package of love for only 5 bills".

So my question is to all you stand-up mightier-than-thou Republicans with real backbones where do you stand? If you are for government you can drown in a bathtub then show your true colors on gun control and say, "no restrictions".

The per unit cost of shoulder fired stinger missles is 38,000 dollars.
Not likely to find venders peddling them at-whim outside airports,

Im also guessing, even if they were legal to buy, it would probably still be illegal to shoot down airliners with them. Not sure on that though, what do you think? Illegal?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A quadcopter is cheaper than a stinger.

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Keep in mind, it's perfectly legal, right now, for any US citizen to own a vietnam era m79 grenade launcher.
Complete with a crate of high explosive grenades.

And we're not dieing wholesale in the streets! Amazing.
edit on 2 23 2019 by caterpillage because: Wrong number

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Chainguns, gatling guns, cannons etc. Legal.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Gun control SHOULD NOT EXIST.

The second,fourth,FIFTH, 6th,7th,9th,10th,14th amendments EXPLAIN so well as to why.

I disagree. Two hands are a necessity with some firearms.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The background check didn't exist for over two centuries.

And it is a clear violation of ones civil liberty.

It's a bridge to far that one has to prove their innocent to practice an inalienable right.

Well, you know.....

With mandatory universal background checks with transfer lists, you simply create a "registry or confiscation".

That is the goal.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Where do I get my hands on these heat seeking bullets?

<<   2 >>

join