It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I Would Ask an Extraterrestrial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Take me to your dealer.......have you got the hook on any spaced out goodz. Is the answer to everything 42?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Nice thread...

noiw assuming we can communicate fluently and share common concepts like "god" "self" "borg/hive-mind" we may be surprised at any answers, thats also assuming they would answer truthfully.

Before you say I'm anthropomorphizing my statement by suggesting they would be less than truthful; I would retort with life follows similar patterns. We cannot assume they are benevolent or aren't here as "scouts" for a larger force.

Pioneer 10, the plaque, Sagan. - showed them who we are and our address

The Carpenters

and please come in peace, we beseech you
Only a landing will teach them
Our earth may never survive
So do come, we beg you
Please interstellar policeman
Oh, won't you give us a sign
Give us a sign that we've reached you

Policemen - yeah right what good role models!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Then they could be here to prepare us for an escape because its already too late.

en.wikipedia.org...

. The two books show at least one solution to the Fermi paradox, with electromagnetically noisy civilizations being snuffed out by the arrival of self-replicating machines designed to destroy any potential threat to their (possibly long-dead) creators

They frantically collect all the human data, biological records, tissue samples, seeds, and DNA from the biosphere that they can, and evacuate a handful of people from Earth. In space, this faction's machines combat and eventually destroy the attackers, though not before Earth's fate is sealed. The evacuees eventually settle a newly terraformed Mars while some form the crew of a Ship of the Law to hunt down the home world of the killers, a quest described in the sequel, Anvil of Stars.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I always think of the prime directive on Star Trek ..

The Prime Directive prohibits Starfleet personnel and spacecraft from interfering in the normal development of any society, and mandates that any Starfleet vessel or crew member is expendable to prevent violation of this rule[4] and As the right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred, no Starfleet personnel may interfere with the normal and healthy development of alien life and culture. Such interference includes introducing superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely. Starfleet personnel may not violate this Prime Directive, even to save their lives and/or their ship, unless they are acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said culture. This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

A society that is united ( 24th Cent Star Trek ) and has mass/food converters and unlimited energy source may have evolved to pursue knowledge for knowledge sake.

In the current space exploration milieu investors want a return on their investment. Where would the multi billions to build the NCC - 1701 come from?

By its very nature the command is a military navy "StarFleet".

We know how the military thinks, no?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If I met aliens I would probably discuss all the crimes humanity commits against each then ask if that’s why they don’t make contact

top topics

<< 1   >>

join