It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Ironic..Smollet!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Can you cite the last time Smollett was discussed on Fox? Hannity? Limbaugh? Levin?
Which you ignored.

www.foxnews.com...

A couple hours ago, right on their front page on the website.

At this point the coverage on both sides has obviously died down. Smollett will have his day in court, and we will see if the charges hold up.

My original points were:

1. There weren't any new developments in the story. It wasn't just swept under the rug, they discussed it non stop for 5 days.

2. Media is a big business, ratings matter very much to their bottom line. There were bigger stories out there, so no reason to beat a dead horse. Both sides do this and both sides give more coverage to stories that pander to their audience. Yeah Robert Kraft getting arrested is a much bigger story than something from 6 days ago, and yes, even FOX NEWS covered Kraft more than Smollett on that day.

The OP was ranting like it was swept under the rug and avoided. They found out the hate crime was fake on Feb 16th. They discussed it until around Feb 21st. Ironically, the OP posted this thread on the 22nd, right on cue. The outrage was fake.

edit on 3 5 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Funny, the actual title.

Queen Latifah standing by Jussie Smollett after alleged staged attack until she sees 'some definitive proof'

Oh, look. Fox entertainment is reporting on what a star recently said about Smollett. The actual address of the article.
www.foxnews.com/entertainment/queen-latifah-stands-by-jussie-smollett-after-

You

There weren't any new developments in the story

Queen Latifah on Jussie Smollett: ‘Until I see some definitive proof... I gotta go with him’
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com...
-go-133058497.html

Rebecca Corey
Yahoo News VideoMarch 5, 2019, 8:30 AM EST

Looks like yahoo news covered the same thing with today’s date. So I guess yahoo news thought it was new news.

Queen Latifah Is Standing By Jussie Smollett Until She Sees ‘Definitive Proof’ He Lied
By Curtis M. Wong
03/05/2019 01:55 PM ET
m.huffpost.com
m.huffpost.com...

Huffington post thought it was noteworthy too to run the same story today.

Queen Latifah Speaks On Jussie Smollett's Predicament

March 5, 2019 - 10:41 am
by Camille Augustin
www.vibe.com/2019/03/queen-latifah-speaks-on-jussie-smollett
www.vibe.com...

Vibe thought it was new news too?

edit on 5-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed and added

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Everyone should view Smollett the American way. "Innocent until proven guilty".

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You

Media is a big business, ratings matter very much to their bottom line. There were bigger stories out there, so no reason to beat a dead horse. Both sides do this and both sides give more coverage to stories that pander to their audience.

So you are worried about a story that was ran in most sites’ entertainment section on what Queen Latifah recently said about Smollett as superseding headlines on sites’ US and World pages.

Seems like you just construct a false and disingenuous argument.

I couldn’t find the Queen Latifah story on the Drudge Report tonight if that makes you happy? But they really don’t have a specific entertainment page?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That is true. But my point is if it’s not a hoax, then who should be charged for the alleged hate crime, or crimes?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Now, for what you ignored.

Please quote where I leveled a personal attack against you.

You said people would not debate on certain points?
What points are you talking about concerning this thread since it’s about liberal media abandoning Smollett when there was no evidence to charge any individuals with a hate crime. And the bulk of the evidence shows Smollett worked to stage a hoax. So who should be charged with a hate crime against Smollett.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Look at that, www.hotnewhiphop.com on March 5th 16 hours ago displaced their hard hitting US and World news to run the story about Queen Latifah’s resent comments concerning Smollett. The story pretty much has the same title as Fox Entertainment news which ran the story 12 hours ago.

Queen Latifah's On Jussie Smollett's Side Until She Has "Proof" He Staged Attack
By Chantilly Post
March 05, 2019 12:25
5K Views
www.hotnewhiphop.com
www.hotnewhiphop.com...

JUSSIE SMOLLETTPublished 12 hours ago
Queen Latifah standing by Jussie Smollett after alleged staged attack until she sees 'some definitive proof'
By Julius Young | Fox News

www.foxnews.com/entertainment
www.foxnews.com...

edit on 6-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed quote

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Oh look, you posted nothing but irrelevant straw mans again.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

The plural of strawman is strawmen, but you knew that, right?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

How is pointing out the article you referenced about Queen Latifah comcerning Smollett was ran on tens of entertainment news pages, and that the article did not displace news from the US or World pages a “strawman” argument? And the link you provided was to the Fox entertainment news page. And you are mystified an entertainment news page would report on Queen Latifah when she makes a public statement?

Didn’t you say there was no new Smollett developments? Then the article you referenced was not really about Smollett, but recent Queen Latifah comments concerning Smollett. Your argument was very disingenuous.

From an individual complaining in a Smollett thread that Smollett is the topic?

Here’s a thought. Why don’t you create a thread about what is important to you in the appropriate forum.
edit on 8-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I wonder if any, and if so, how many and which news organizations approached these individuals:

CHICAGO (CBS) – Dozens of workers at Northwestern Memorial Hospital may have been fired for improperly reviewing the medical records of Jussie Smollett, who was treated at the emergency room after he claimed he had been attacked by two men.

EXCLUSIVE: Dozens Of Northwestern Hospital Workers May Have Been Fired For Improperly Reviewing Jussie Smollett’s Records - CBS Chicago.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I am not sure why this is getting so out of hand. I gave you my main points for the 2nd or 3rd time now because you asked, but instead of addressing them directly, you deflected again and repeated your false accusation that I was complaining about debating the topic. I didn't want to waste time explaining to you how false accusations qualify as libel / personal attacks.

I laid out my reasons for the lack of coverage quite clearly. Disagreeing with the premise of this thread is what creates discussion on the topic. If somebody posted a thread about gold being confirmed to be found at the end of the rainbow, I have every right to go into that thread and explain why their claims are BS.

You literally said:

Can you cite the last time Smollett was discussed on Fox?"

I posted a recent article on Fox about Smollett. Instead of accepting it, you starting making weak excuses for it. It is irrelevant that other people reported it or that it is in the entertainment section (the article was linked on the main page). It was discussed by Fox news. I complied and answered your question. Move on.

Then you purposely misrepresented me by quoting a point I made long before that article even came out. There hadn't been any developments since the 21st of February.

Then this:

So you are worried about a story that was ran in most sites’ entertainment section on what Queen Latifah recently said about Smollett as superseding headlines on sites’ US and World pages. Seems like you just construct a false and disingenuous argument.

I was worried about that? You asked me to cite Smollett on Fox and I did. It was neither false nor disingenuous. I didn't even construct an argument based on it. You asked a question and it was answered.

What points are you talking about concerning this thread since it’s about liberal media abandoning Smollett when there was no evidence to charge any individuals with a hate crime.

Again, please reference the points I labeled 1 and 2, you keep avoiding discussing them. The media discussed Smollett for 6 days. Oh wait, you completely ignored that point as well. LOL!

Put all the personal bs aside and discuss the main points if you actually want to discuss this. Otherwise there is no point in conversing.

edit on 3 9 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well, Smollett is back in the news again with being charge with 16 felonies for staging a false hate crime and hate letter.

Good luck with your false narratives.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Well, Smollett is back in the news again with being charge with 16 felonies for staging a false hate crime and hate letter.

Another great red herring, once again deflecting away from the argument. Sorry, I don't create false narratives.

Smollett SHOULD be charged with felonies for doing that. I fully support that.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Another great red herring, once again deflecting away from the argument. Sorry, I don't create false narratives.

Whatever dude.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Whatever dude.

So you got nothing to discuss. Cool beans. Thanks for wasting my time.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Eye roll. From a guy complaining about Smollet being a topic in a Smollet thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Eye roll. From a guy complaining about Smollet being a topic in a Smollet thread.

So you just repeat this blatant lie again... Pathetic. You don't want to even discuss the topic, you just want to attack people that disagree. Grow up.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

So you just repeat this blatant lie again... Pathetic. You don't want to even discuss the topic, you just want to attack people that disagree. Grow up.

Double eye roll.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

This is 2019...Guilty until proven Innocent and we will still go back to 8th grade to get you on something, so Guilty either way...

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join