It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Ironic..Smollet!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Yet, the main steam media kept pushing the Smollett narrative when there was zero credible evidence, and many here at ATS knew the story was crap.

Ratings? How are CNN’s ratings by the way? Seems they are more about pushing an agenda than ratings?

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Yet, the main steam media kept pushing the Smollett narrative when there was zero credible evidence, and many here at ATS knew the story was crap.

Ratings? How are CNN’s ratings by the way? Seems they are more about pushing an agenda than ratings?

They discussed Smollett to death even after knowing he faked it. They didn't just brush it under the rug. Conservatives are acting like such babies here, they want to play the victim in every situation. It's like they finally were right about something so they want the other media to cover it NON STOP just to rub it in. Grow up. That isn't how media works. Yeah, it's all about what gets the most ratings, always has been.

Again, the white nationalist that was planning to shoot up democrat politicians and liberal news casters is FAR FAR FAR FAR WORSE than a faked hate crime, yet Fox is barely even touching it? Why? Why aren't they covering that 24/7? I bet Fox is still covering Smollett every day but no white nationalist because it hurts their side and hence hurts their ratings. Open your eyes. All mainstream media has an agenda. The demands to cover Smollett 24/7 is irrational though, the story is over.

edit on 2 27 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Again, the white nationalist that was planning to shoot up democrat politicians and liberal news casters is FAR FAR FAR FAR WORSE than a faked hate crime

What is there to report. The sick person was arrested before carrying out an attack. Do you what to give white nationalists attention they crave?

They discussed Smollett to death even after knowing he faked it.

Probably because Smollett kept giving interviews after everyone knew his story was crap.

Conservatives are acting like such babies here

Because the left has a history of false allegations.
kavanaugh, Covington School Kids, Smollett....

edit on 27-2-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed this and that

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

What is there to report. The sick person was arrested before carrying out an attack. Do you what to give white nationalists attention they crave?

YES. Anybody planning to go on a killing spree should be given lots of attention. They are a threat to this country and everything we stand for. Pretending it's not a problem or that Smollett being a drama queen and lying is more important is LAUGHABLE.

Funny you say this because the Smollett thing has nothing to report anymore either, which was one of my first points, then you use the same exact excuse completely demonstrating my point about why Smollett isn't being discussed 24/7 anymore.

kavanaugh, Covington School Kids, Smollett....

While the right are perfect angels that NEVER lie or misrepresent anything right? Fox news is always fair and balanced and the right does not have history of committing REAL hate crimes or mass shootings LOL! Can you prove the Kavanaugh allegations were false?

Trump's getting roasted by his own former lawyer now, it's hilarious. Those dudes are pathological liars, yet people are whining about Smollett and don't even care about the integrity of the president or his staff. That is IRONY, if anything.

edit on 2 27 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

YES. Anybody planning to go on a killing spree should be given lots of attention.

What more is there to report? Why would you want to give white nationalists a platform?

Trump's getting roasted by his own former lawyer now, it's hilarious. Those dudes are pathological liars, yet people are whining about Smollett and don't even care about the integrity of the president or his staff. That is IRONY, if anything.

While you ignore Smollett went on a continued media blitz of lies while there was proof he lied.

Would you like to give evidence to back Cohen, who has proven to have lied to Congress, that any testimony given today was truth?

Quote from Cohen.

Mr. Trump did not directly tell me to lie to Congress.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Cohen admits he has no evidence Trump colluded with Russians, 'but I have my suspicions'
m.washingtontimes.com...

The only thing Cohen did was tell lies his handlers wanted to hear.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

What more is there to report? Why would you want to give white nationalists a platform?

What more is there to report on Smollett? Acknowledging white nationalists as a possible threat to our safety and security is NOT giving them a platform. That's like saying we gave Al Queda or ISIS a platform by covering their atrocities. I'm much more worried about a crazy coast guard guy going on a killing spree, than a dude faking a hate crime to get a pay raise and increase his popularity. One is a much bigger issue than the other and you are unable to comprehend this for some reason.

While you ignore Smollett went on a continued media blitz of lies while there was proof he lied.

I didn't ignore that.

Would you like to give evidence to back Cohen, who has proven to have lied to Congress, that any testimony given today was truth?

Your cherry picking is hilarious. Cohen roasted Trump and made many accusations yesterday. We will see if they hold water. Conservatives are not angry that he lied for Trump. They are angry that he stopped lying for Trump and instead threw him under the bus.

edit on 2 28 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Again, Smollet kept going on notional TV and kept lying.

Two, do you have proof to back anything Cohen claimed while he was caught in numerous new lies?
edit on 28-2-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Is it false Cohen said Trump never told him to lie.

Is it false Cohen stated he had no proof of Trump Russian Collusion.

Is it false he lied again during his testimony.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Again, Smollet kept going on notional TV and kept lying.

Again, how does that change ANYTHING about anything? Do you even have a point with this statement? That happened almost 2 weeks ago, we've known about that for a long time. I asked about new developments, yet you got nothing. This thread is about conservatives complaining that there isn't more coverage on Smollet when the story is OVER, at least until he has his day in court or the investigation reveals new information. There is nothing to cover right now, so it's just fake outrage.

This thread isn't about Cohen, I'm not saying his claims are true or false. We don't know yet. I just thought it was funny how he shifted gears and started roasting Trump(ie saying he knew about the wiki leaks - Stone thing and much more). I'm not debating that.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So you are complaining about people debating and going on about Smollett in a Smollett thread?

Hypocrite much?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
CNN: Smolette who?
Meanwhile blistering testimony from Cohen implicates Trump........

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

So you are complaining about people debating and going on about Smollett in a Smollett thread?

Hypocrite much?

You are great with the straw man arguments. I'm not complaining about people debating. I was giving my opinion on me why the media stopped covering it and why the outrage based on that is nonsense. I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it. I apologize if it came off that way.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Agree with Barcs here. This is nonsense. I watch plenty of news, on plenty of channels right, left and inbetween. For atleast 24 hours after the charges came down I couldnt turn on any MSM channel without hearing about Smollett. They were there live when he turned himself in reporting it. They were there live when he was brought to the courthouse and charged. They aired the statements of the Chicago PD live on all 24 hour channels when they read out their case against him after the hearing. They covered him more when they found out he did something wrong than they did when they thought he may have been the victim. The news cycle moves on. They dont sit stuck on 1 thing for weeks and weeks like I notice some right wing news sources do regularly.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

The left wing media has to move on as each one of their lies are exposed......

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Who is the one that went off topic first and is still complaining about people discussing Smollett in a Smollett thread? Would you care to quote the title of this thread?

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If you don’t want to read about Smollett, don’t post in a Smollett thread. Like duh.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Are you completely unable to comprehend a sentence? Everything I said was on topic. I'm not complaining about people discussing a topic, LMAO! That is you because you didn't like my answers. If you don't have anything to contribute outside of condescending rhetoric, then it is you that should not be posting here.

I made my argument. You dodged and deflected.

edit on 3 2 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The post I originally replied to?

They discussed it non stop for like a week even after that was revealed. People are upset because they want the media to keep focusing on it when there are bigger stories out there now. Media goes by ratings, not what butthurt republicans want them to cover. Funny how Fox barely even addressed the white nationalist guy. No surprise at all, yet they are whining about the media not covering smollett 24/7. It's childish. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

The only thing that was on topic was you complaining people debating Smollett in a thread about Smollett.

What does “white nationalists guy” have to do with:

How Ironic..Smollet!!

Watching the various MSM news channels tonight, ALL of them are doing everything in their power to AVOID the Smollet story!!

They're pumping the Robert Kraft story, they're pumping the R. Kelley story, they're running for the hills on the Smollet story!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It seems as though Smollett is finally listening to his attorney's advice and keeping a low profile rather than seeking out any camera and microphone in reach:

The photos do show Smollett's bodyguard, who led him out of jail last month. The actor was reportedly just behind the recognizable man, keeping a low profile on the street and in the restaurant as well. There was no clear look at his face. Smollett is reportedly staying at a hotel in Chicago to avoid the media frenzy building around his apartment. Eddie V's is just half a mile from his home.

He has also lost some of his cheerleaders:

Still, as the case gets more and more convoluted, Smollett has lost some high profile allies. The actor is now taking a break from his role on Empire, despite producers' early support of him. In a statement, the show's staff said that they trust the legal system, and they simply wanted to bench Smollett to avoid "disruptions."

Jussie Smollett Spotted for First Time Since Arrest

If he's smart, he will continue to keep his head down. Remember, he still might be facing federal charges if he can be tied to the letter with the white powder that was sent. That's a whole other ball of wax from the charges of filing a false report.

The brothers might also be facing those same or related federal charges no matter what happens in the local case.

This is not over by a long shot.
edit on 2-3-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

By the way, to add:

kavanaugh, Covington School Kids, Smollett...

The cases of

A black man is charged in racist graffiti incidents that shook Mich. campus, drew national attention
www.washingtonpost.com... rsity/?utm_term=.dca9294b299c

Parishioner Arrested For November Arson Of Black Church In Mississippi
www.npr.org...

Police: Michigan gay-rights activist set fire to own home in fabricated hate crime
www.freep.com... akable

The activities that cried wolf......

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join