It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Ironic..Smollet!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If you are outraged over their reporting habits then you absolutely are taking the bait. You looking where they're pointing is you taking the bait. Their entire agenda is distraction and agitation.

I think you just hate when people have discussions about what is actually happening. The act of what Smollet did is not a lie. The way it is presented is what is being talked about and the OP is well within his right to be outraged over it. It is possible to be outraged and right at the same time.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Nope, I just see the media stringing carrots at the end of their stick and leading people where they want.

They control the narrative. Want proof? Watch what they start talking about then see where the discussion on ATS and elsewhere goes. You will see a very close correlation to what they serve on a silver platter and what people choose to talk about and care about.
edit on 2/23/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's why they say ignorance is bliss, it's far easier and less stressful to just go along with the programming, being aware the game is rigged is really just destructive as it attracts negative attention from the followers.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Really ? CNN is and has been all over Smoolet, following each and every tid bit that emerges.
Likewise, NBC has been following it on at least the national news and local affiliates as well.

And the late night comics are tearing him up with jokes. The Daily show has been reporting the on goings on a nightly basis and to night did a full skit segment on his complete and utter down fall.

Just where are you getting the information that MSM is ignoring him......

And I would be willing to bet that tommorrow night, SNL will smoke him as well, possibly in their cold open. Wanna bet?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Nope, I just see the media stringing carrots at the end of their stick and leading people where they want.

What you chose to believe and facts are quite different, and facts dont care what you believe.......

They control the narrative. Want proof? Watch what they start talking about then see where the discussion on ATS and elsewhere goes.

You mean like the narrative the media pushed that this was a hate crime? Weird............

You claim this feigned moral high ground with things, but in the end we all have the same places to get the truth, whether you watch the MSM, or investigate on the internet , its all information thats fed at some level.......

So even your own ideas are formed by the information input........

Son all in all......youre no different.......and no better......and subject to the same......

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's why they say ignorance is bliss, it's far easier and less stressful to just go along with the programming, being aware the game is rigged is really just destructive as it attracts negative attention from the followers.

The irony is people that claim this, and yet still gobble up and regurgitate info thats repeated over and over both on the net and news, still claim some sort of high ground on their information......

A lot of you have let your perceived Hubris override anything else

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The irony is people that claim this, and yet still gobble up and regurgitate info thats repeated over and over both on the net and news, still claim some sort of high ground on their information......

A lot of you have let your perceived Hubris override anything else

Prime example, just pointing out the media is being regurgitated ad nauseum is reasonable grounds for attack and ridicule.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It's naive and wishful thinking to believe that those in power would be so careless and clumsy in their efforts to undermine Trump. If they didn't want Trump in office he would have already went the way of Kennedy. Trump is in office for a reason and you see it play out every day on his Twitter and the media. Divide and distract, all while things like the trillion dollar tax break for the rich and the arms deal with Saudi Arabia go relatively unnoticed and/or excused.

You're telling me the best those in power have is a smear campaign that isn't even working? I don't think you give them enough credit. They have all the power for a reason and it's not because they are clumsy and careless in their efforts. They would have you believe otherwise though and a lot of people have taken the bait.
edit on 2/23/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   

They control the narrative. Want proof? Watch what they start talking about then see where the discussion on ATS and elsewhere goes. You will see a very close correlation to what they serve on a silver platter and what people choose to talk about and care about.

Dude! You was in the other thread talking about the Conservative Activist that got assaulted bitching about how people where talking about it, while it was not being covered by main stream media.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1232646/pg1#pid24208104

I am starting to wonder why you go into threads at all if you don't like the subject being talked about. I talk about what interests me, whether the media speak about it or not.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
DBL Pst.
edit on 23-2-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

You think my beef is only with the mainstream media? Alternative media is just as popular if not moreso. Propaganda is not limited to just the network news channels, it is part and parcel with any political news outlet regardless of whether it's on TV or on the internet.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You think my beef is only with the mainstream media? Alternative media is just as popular if not moreso. Propaganda is not limited to just the network news channels, it is part and parcel with any political news outlet regardless of whether it's on TV or on the internet.

I think that most of us on this site is aware of that. My point is that people talk about the news that they are interested in. The Smollet story is interesting because he lied about a "hate crime" because he hates the President. To me that is interesting because it actually shows the idiocy of people's reactions to politics. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The MSM is not going to be able to bury the Smollett hoax. It goes much deeper and they know it - because they are involved.
Even if the FBI don;t get involved here, independent investigators will and the truth will out. Smollett is being told to deny deny deny because if this whole thing fully unravels there are several others that will come into the spotlight.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

*Hates media*

*Tunes in anyways*

I agree, that is a fail in logic.

Yea, I suppose I'd rather just take your word for what they said, you and yours are always sofaking honest.

Again, epic fail.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Fox news must be on it, one mention of smollet. Get this, they do not have one mention of the Trump guy who wanted to killed dems and MSM reporters on the front page of website. Wierd...actually not.
edit on 23-2-2019 by Rokal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
You are correct about FoxNews, of course it was up there yesterday, for 8 hours if not longer. Now it's just lower down the page, I'm curious why the media made a big deal over a drug user. Who did he shoot?

Or are you claiming that this person is not non compos mentas? (that's the legal term for cray cray kids)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
No Prison For Texas Teen Who Lied About Being Raped By 3 Black Men

A North Texas teenager who falsely claimed she was kidnapped and raped by three black men last March will likely serve no prison time.

On Thursday, 19-year-old Breana Harmon of Pottsboro pleaded guilty to four felony charges of tampering with physical evidence and government documents in relation to false reports of kidnapping and sexual assault.

But its Ok because

“She’s very remorseful for what she did and what she said

This is America. Smollet will most likely get jail time but a pretty white girl, nope. Minorities charged will most likely get jail time but young white people rarely do, remember that Brock Turner who raped an unconscious girl got 3 months because it would have a severe impact on him.

So many of these types of double standards and yet the right is always claiming that reverse racism is more prevalent than other racism and that white privilege does not exist (even though there are 1000's possibly millions of examples of it).

They point to the election of Obama as an example that racism is almost gone and then in the same sentence will blame all their racist BS on him by saying he ruined race relations in America. UGH
edit on 23-2-2019 by Rokal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Another example of white privilege.

Du Pont Heir Gets No Prison Time for Raping 3-Year-Old Daughter

Robert Richards IV was in 2009 convicted of raping his three-year-old daughter, seven years after she, then five, told relatives that she didn’t want “my daddy touching me anymore.” In an alarming twist, the judge who sentenced the heir to the du Pont fortune let him off with no jail time, arguing that six-foot-four Richards “will not fare well” in prison.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Rokal

Well, before you go gettin' all racey on us...Tawana Brawley didn't do any time either!

And she falsely accused 4 white men of raping her.

How soon we forget!

Whatcha' got?? Hmmmmm????

edit on 2/23/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join