It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity Sucks Royally

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Dude, I am 68 and once owned a small country store in the heart of deer hunting country. We were the leading check station in the state for several years running. I remember a time an old yellow chevrolet car pulled into the lot, a young punk with a 44 magnum strapped to his hip got out of the car, opened the trunk and lifted a faun still sporting it's spots out of it and he was as proud of that kill as if it had been a 10 point buck. Made me want to puke.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hell, hell, hell, man has killed millions upon millions of it's own through the centuries and we haven't changed one iota. Still killing. Humanity is a savage beast...

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Hell, hell, hell, man has killed millions upon millions of it's own through the centuries and we haven't changed one iota. Still killing. Humanity is a savage beast...

Compared to animals we are pretty mild. Your typical human has non violent interactions all the time. We are not a very violent species when left alone. Many are easily manipulated though.

Out of control governments are a different thing entirely.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

edit on 22-2-2019 by agenda51 because: duplicate

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I have been sitting out on my front porch contemplating life, religion and philosophy in the dim light after sunset and I hear 2 goose flying over headed from the days foraging on the river west of me to the their nesting site on the 2 old catfish ponds my uncle had dug years ago. Fifteen minuets after the pair had landed, I hear 2 shots.

I may be reading more into what I saw and heard but my perception is that my cousin or someone associated to him shot and possibly killed that lone pair.

I despise humanity's need to kill.

It's not goose season. They should not be hunting geese this time of year.

I gave up hunting, but will hunt if I need the meat. I have no problem with people teaching their kids how to hunt, but you must eat what you kill and respect the life that was given for us to live. That goes for plants too, we are taking life when we grow plants too, but as long as we take care of the plants, making sure to grow more and not destroy too much of the woods and swamps, we can grow our food but we should not waste food.

That is my view on the matter.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

Dude, I am 68 and once owned a small country store in the heart of deer hunting country. We were the leading check station in the state for several years running. I remember a time an old yellow chevrolet car pulled into the lot, a young punk with a 44 magnum strapped to his hip got out of the car, opened the trunk and lifted a faun still sporting it's spots out of it and he was as proud of that kill as if it had been a 10 point buck. Made me want to puke.

I knew people who would kill a little deer, they would get maybe twenty five pounds of meat out of it. If you shoot a deer, it should be a big one, I never shot a young deer, I only shot bucks. I got a hundred forty five pounds of boneless meat, except for the rib steaks and T-bones, from a big one I shot that dressed out around two thirty pounds. The smallest one I shot was a six pointer which each half weighed in at around seventy five pounds. I ate or gifted to others every bit of the meat, none ever got wasted. I did put an old buck out of it's misery one time, it was skinny and did not have any teeth in it's mouth. The older guys I was hunting with showed it to everyone, pointing out that it needed dentures. That one was only a six pointer, it's antlers were getting smaller over the years. Even the dogs would not eat that deer, I should have checked it's teeth when it walked up to me smiling while I was hunting. I do not count that Kevorkian incident in my eight point minimum since nobody could eat the meat.
edit on 22-2-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: CharlesT

Do you have a problem with a mouse trap?
Do you wear leather and eat meat?

Serious questions.

That wasn't a very smart question

Kill for joy, kill for survive, regardless of your fear to accept it. Are two different things

Wearing leather, and eating meat, are not associated, even if you try to force that argument

However you would not be alive without any of those, it came from the past, it was required to survive, for real

And no. "being human" doesn't mean being better than humans were thousands of years ago. You don't understand

Animals are animals

Go ask a lion, a free one. After all, they also been "free" for the longest time, with no social conditioning, in the way you think at least

You mistake your ideals of what a human must be for what you should expect from reality, humans are animals too

You seem to be assuming that "being human" means you have better feelings and understand in a better why the concept of life and dead lol

It is not that at all. Humans is just a word used by us, to explain ourselves. Instincts remain, just need a bit of a push to get them out in the open. This should be obvious for all

edit on 23-2-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You sound like a real beauty.

I have been sitting out on my front porch contemplating life, religion and philosophy in the dim light after sunset and I hear 2 goose flying over headed from the days foraging on the river west of me to the their nesting site on the 2 old catfish ponds my uncle had dug years ago. Fifteen minuets after the pair had landed, I hear 2 shots.

I may be reading more into what I saw and heard but my perception is that my cousin or someone associated to him shot and possibly killed that lone pair.

I despise humanity's need to kill.

edit on 20-12-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I suppose I don't know the intentions of the shooter all too well, but the birds were probably tasty. It reminds me of thanksgivings where we'd all go and hunt pheasants, quail, and wild turkeys....

I haven't even seen a pheasant or a quail in probably 15-20 years now...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join