It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient staircase uncovered in Giza near lost 4th Pyramid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
burn a bible in it

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: i77oomiknotti

ok thanks, I'll pass that on

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio
This little side note to a larger story really surprised me.
It would appear that recently, there was a deep carved staircase uncovered near the site of the 4th pyramid.

I think the second "staircase" photo may be a staged one of a boat pit.

In any case, it's hardly "lost" or "ignored" (except by the mainstream.)

This is the pyramid of Khufu's son and successor, Djedefre. He chose to build not on Giza, but at Abu Rawash, about 5 miles distant. It was dismantled by the Romans for building projects.

Wikipedia... a starter source for this.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: LedermanStudio

There's been a whole lot of bizarre stuff coming out of Egyptian archeological news of late. There was a guy in charge, can't quite remember his name, it was like..........Zawahi Awass and he was a frequent guest on C2C with Noory, and he was on Ancient Aliens and such.

He had nothing to do with this one. The article linked in the OP tells about its modern archaeological history

But this pyramid has always been known! Vyse and Perring discovered the site in 1830. We have the drawings done by Lepsius in 1842 and 1843. The great Flinders Petrie did some exploratory surveys in 1880 and 1882, and Emile Chassinat, director of the IFAO (French Institute of Oriental Archaeology) in Cairo, carried out excavations and exposed the east side of the pyramid in 1901 and 1902. After that Pierre Lacau, Pierre Montet, Charles Kuentz and a large team excavated the area in 1912 and 1913. The remarkable French archaeologist Fernand Bisson de la Roque worked there from 1922 and his account of his excavations at Abu Rawash (written in French as Abou Roasch) is still a valuable source of information

No Zahi Hawass.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

so I could kick it with Cleopatra.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join