It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stockman Warns: Day of Reckoning Is Here, ‘Get out of the Market, the Bond Market’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Being that Bitcoin's algorithm was patented by the U.S. government and that its birth coincided with the absurd bank bailouts, my guesstimations enter Bitcoin as the fall back plan to the next recession as no amount of bail out can revive a fiat economy thereafter. It is no coincidence that crypto markets are finding a solid support as fiat meets heavy resistance.

Currency will decentralize just as all technologies are decentralizing commerce. Until such decentralization occurs, I will continue to surf the patterns of currencies. When fiat tumbles sellers of their tanked fiat positions will be scooped up at a discount with crypto that was free of expense or bought at an extreme value at the worst.

To bet on markets falling dead one day is pretty much a bet that there will cease to be economies after whatever happens happens. The markets always not only restore themselves, but ALWAYS surpass the previous eclipsed peak of the prior recession's start. Bailing out of the markets when fear arises is almost a surefire way to ensure losses if you ask me.

Just an example of what I mean: Tesla (TSLA) will likely be worth well over $1,000 per share in 10 years and quite possibly may visit $4500 per share regardless of how far south the value plunges below the current $300. Let it go to 1 penny per share for all I care when the next recession comes, as it's the reacting the opposite way of the masses that is the primary driver of investment choices.

Remove the instant gratification aspects that the modern day investor desires and my strategies morph to a different standard. The heavy emotionally driven investor makes investing quite simple actually, as one does not need to be a good investor if they are a good saver.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Having said that, what do you trade it for for value?

Don't have to. It's value is independent of global fiat currencies. It is not pegged and adoption is going up. Transactions rates have gone up 90% in the last year DESPITE the price drop.

oh, that's right, the dollar, dollar bill y'all.

Yeah, no. Not how it works. Bitcoin isn't pegged to the dollar. It exists independently of global fiat currency.

Really? ...can you explain how this works?

So you don't know how it works but yet:

Because Bitcoin is a trap for suckers.

Where'd this opinion come from? You are clearly uninformed.

edit on 22 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The December 2018 crash was probably about gaining tax revenue on the large volume of exits from the market.
Jerome Powell has temporarily stopped talking about higher interest rates which has given the US stock markets a chance to recover.

There will probably be another mass exit sometime in 2019 if they seriously want to pursue quantitative tightening to get more of that debt off the books by selling bonds with *competitive* yields.

There are people telling me they will just keep expanding debt for another 20 years to prop up the stock market and real estate which is beginning to seem possible.

Tariffs create inflation and provide revenue but they can cause recession if demand for the goods isn't high enough.

The new budget eliminated 12 billion worth of disaster relief for people living on flood plains in the south.
That means expensive insurance pools will be putting a strain on coastal housing construction.

With all the other spending cuts we could see a recession by 2020, nobody's fault just the natural result of austerity plan to lower taxes while paying off debt.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Being that Bitcoin's algorithm was patented by the U.S. government and that its birth coincided with the absurd bank bailouts, my guesstimations enter Bitcoin as the fall back plan to the next recession as no amount of bail out can revive a fiat economy thereafter.

Evidence.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

But for Tesla do that well which means lots of people to have lots of money to buy their vehicles . Real economies are driven by necessity, with the supply and demand of labour that demand for labour is falling fast. So fewer people have the cash to buy. Which in turn stops demand. We are in uncharted waters, and have been for decades. China has cities with nobody in them, because the people cant afford to buy the apartments. The reality in the west is the same, you can see it in the longer time people are out of the labour market getting degrees, which puts them in debt when finally they finish they are not guaranteed an income.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yeah.... he wants You absent so he can capitalize with fewer competition

the Fed has made clear They have reviewed their Rate-Hikes Strategy for 2019 & they Wont hike rates this year OR in 2020 of the election cycle year

Trump cornered the Fed & They 'Blinked'

once again the NYSE hits 26K, and more is on the way.... AU/Gold may well indeed continue to inch toward $1400. by May-June...don't strike at the bait/ teaser

me... I am betting on vertical farming -> increased crop production & value, in spite of Global Warming/Climate Change

the fiat USD shoulda/woulda/coulda crashed under the Debt Load in 2008 but didn't..... same song this next time around
edit on nd28155088962622402019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Dude, it's traded on the stock market, it's like a stock or commodity now.

It's very similar to Western Union stock. Except Western Union is established.

All your targeted gains rest on you influencing others to join in while you jump out with your profits.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
don't worry #MAGA

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: projectvxn
Buy bitcoin.

If you want to "protect" your investment by investing in devalued dollars that's your problem.

Really?

...can you explain how this works?

Because Bitcoin is a trap for suckers.

The whole premise of it's value is to hope other people are dumb enough to invest, then you jump ship with their money.

It's basically stealing from stupid people's futures. A race to jump out with their money first.

Once it was traded, it was killed.

Having said that, what do you trade it for for value?

oh, that's right, the dollar, dollar bill y'all.

Um,

You can trade bitcoin for gold and silver.

Yep, skip the middle man (dollar bill y'all) and buy gold direct with bitcoin.

What don't believe me?

bitcoin for gold y'all

Any denomination when they have it in stock.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Just look at the Bitcoin price since Christmas.

I told the guys in another thread to hold and get 10% by Feb. Good investment if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Bitocin uses the SHA 256 algorithm and was released at the time of the 2008 bailouts. If you ask me, 2008 was the initiation of the fallback plan. Any good plan has a fallback plan, and it was wise for the U.S. to introduce Bitcoin to the world as the savior of the oppressive USD.

en.wikipedia.org...

patft.uspto.gov...,829,355.PN.&O S=PN/6,829,355&RS=PN/6,829,355

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

My base thoughts indicate that Tesla is overly automated at the time, and have been struggling to meet prior demands for the reasons of having too much automation. The price of cars is highly attached to labor. Labor requirements will reduce costs of production as automation increases.

I also know that China is banning gas engines and just started building the 1st Tesla factory in China this year. The market share that Tesla has set themselves up for in the future causes me no worries... it's confidence that grows.

Now, I could make things difficult by speculating what will happen as stock prices go up and down, or I could remain settled that China has been around for over 1000 years, and would likely drag the world down with it if China starts to fall off entirely.

I invest based on the chances that stock markets will surely drop, but trade markets will live to fight another day regardless of how much stocks are kept in check by way of recession. If I don't feel the company will live through a recession, I bounce. There's just some companies that would require the world to end for their value to be removed... Tesla is one of those, and is not going anywhere anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Plus their battery tech and space achievements.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

Bitocin uses the SHA 256 algorithm and was released at the time of the 2008 bailouts. If you ask me, 2008 was the initiation of the fallback plan. Any good plan has a fallback plan, and it was wise for the U.S. to introduce Bitcoin to the world as the savior of the oppressive USD.

en.wikipedia.org...

patft.uspto.gov...,829,355.PN.&O S=PN/6,829,355&RS=PN/6,829,355

I asked for evidence not a patent for something used by a lot of protocols and your opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Dude, it's traded on the stock market, it's like a stock or commodity now.

There are currently no ETFs or other financial instruments based on BTC.

Even if there was I dont see What the problem is.

It's very similar to Western Union stock. Except Western Union is established

BTC isn't a company. Try again.

All your targeted gains rest on you influencing others to join in while you jump out with your profits

After a long string of BS and proof you have no clue what you're blabbing on about, you have to make some kind of nefarious accusation.

Go read up on BTC from somewhere other than CNBC and quit making crap up.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Yeah.... he wants You absent so he can capitalize with fewer competition

the Fed has made clear They have reviewed their Rate-Hikes Strategy for 2019 & they Wont hike rates this year OR in 2020 of the election cycle year

Trump cornered the Fed & They 'Blinked'

been mulling this over and ran across this article, so I had to throw more light on my future trends insights...

here we go:

... there has been a major development this year, which is the Fed caving in and starting to flip flop in order to stop the stockmarket crashing.

However, the Fed can’t have its cake and eat it too – it has to decide what it prefers – a stockmarket driven higher by endless QE that leads to hyperinflation against the background of a collapsing dollar in the face of mammoth debts, or a high(er) interest rate policy to prop up the dollar that implodes the stockmarkets leading to a depression – some choice.

Their backpedaling last month to goose the markets has kicked a major prop out from under the dollar, which threatens to tip into a severe decline, and each time the Fed flip flops verbally to try to save first the stockmarket and then the dollar it will lose credibility, until it ends up with none, and amongst more intelligent people it hasn’t got very much to start with.

A long winded way of saying what i said in my earlier Post =
'the Fed 'blinked' & Trump prevailed

source: www.clivemaund.com...

i further suggest that the Fed course, under Trump pressure will be to restart a covert QE policy, which will rely on the taxes generated by the Immigrants as the revenue source, not just their tax dollars remitted but the Immigrant/Refugee whole family being considered a viable 'exotic' resource by the HHS department and capable of returning a $10K value per individual-national-treasure (to wit: the ultimate method of "immigrant Utilization" by the fast approaching Technocracy State...

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

I told the guys in another thread to hold and get 10% by Feb. Good investment if you ask me.

If you're not following this chart then you will likely get hosed over time.

The buy region is where we are now. The sell region is clearly in the higher color ranges, and the hold region is in the middle.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

All of my posts in this thread prior to this one specifically indicate to be opinion, just as all words exchanged are opinions here. Couple that with being a thread about investing which is purely speculative and clearly derivative driven, and the need for fact kind of starts to be an ignorance. Again, my opinion. If my opinions are perceived to be a fact by others, then it gets perceived as an internal conflict of which I do not need to make whole. You are looking for fact in a world doesn't know who Satoshi Nakamoto is, yet Wall St. is moving mountains to enter into the block chain arenas?

I'm wasting my time even responding to this kind of garbage debate where I am told I am wrong, but not even a smidgen of thread related content can be offered in return.

You're right and I am wrong... happy now?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Oh stop whining.

You made a claim now back it up.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Debate is a trade, much like investing. Your debate stock is over sold.

All I care about is net to gain ratios and patterns, not facts. Facts are what happen as a result of current and future actions. Even thereafter and settled into the past, facts are still questionable (which equals opinion).

I speak math, where fact can actually live as fact. 2+2=4 in any language. Language steers emotions irrationally too heavily, where opinions are perceived as whining and completely not even on par with the threads OP. Post+Perceived Whining=Bad Investment.

Maybe we will battle or accuse in another thread, but you seriously have zero value to offer to the previously spoken ratios mentioned...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join