It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hi Folks,

I have an ongoing story that I update once a year. Once again that time of year has come along where I have to sit down and take stock in myself and where I am on my path.

This year I can share it though and perhaps you might be willing to jump in with your own thoughts.

Here is last years version. Any input is more than welcome.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

Believe

I believe it’s important to occasionally sit down and take stock in the things you believe in. Sure, its easy to list off the things you don’t believe or have discarded because your journey has taught you better, still, it’s often hard to actually list off the things that you do believe. I learned this in a fellowship discussion group long ago. Since then I’ve had to occasionally sit down and put on paper the things that have been bouncing around inside my head.

I start with the last list I made and remove the things I’ve learned to be, well, not wrong but no longer applying to me. Then I add what I’ve learned over the time since I wrote it and go from there.

It makes things allot easier when I’m asked about my beliefs as well. Rather than having to go into a drawn out explanation I can hand them the latest list. I highly recommend this to everyone as well.

Matter of fact, I have learned that its thru the sharing and caring we have in each others lives that we are best able to grow.

Now:

I believe that before man, before the Earth, before the beginning of time, the truth existed, it’s the only thing that has never changed. It’s the only thing that has never needed to change.

I believe that unconditional love is the greatest gift you can give to this world, And to yourself.

I believe that the path someone walks does not make him or her holy. They must make the path holy regardless of the path they have chosen.

I believe that if you can’t see god in everything, than you can’t see god in anything.

I believe that there is only one race, the human race, and we’re all in it together, whether we like it or not.

I believe that forgiveness is not a gift to the person that wronged you; Forgiveness is a gift to yourself so that you may go on with your life in peace.

I believe that even though we express ourselves individually our spirits are all a part of the same being, the one who created all things. E Pluribus Unum, Out of many (people) One (spirit).

I believe that my true reflection will never be seen in a mirror before me, but in the eyes and hearts of the people I share my life with.

I believe that each of us has only one true gift we can give to this world, the gift of ourselves. Everything else will fall away

I believe that political power in the hands of religion has always, always, led to tyranny. I also believe that political power in the hands of religion will always lead to tyranny.

I believe that I have yet to meet a person who could not teach me something, if I will only pay attention.

I believe that every religion or designated path is in itself a cult, for no other reason than it narrows your mind from the broader realities.

I believe that your soul is as unique as the fingerprints on your hand. No one knows what you have learned and of the journey which brought you here. No one that is, except you. That’s why it’s important to share.

I believe that hugs make kids grow. (And they’re not bad for adults either)

I believe that though I am but a drop in the ocean, I am still the ocean. So are you.

I believe that if your heart is at peace with the life your living and your soul is at peace with your creator, who ever you consider that creator to be, than everything else is just icing on the cake.

I believe that hate is a poison to the soul of the person that is doing the hating.

I believe that all who teach us leave a part of their soul in ours.

I believe that in our darkest and most personally damned moments there is a light shining brightly to guide us, and we never realize that till long years have given us perspective.

I believe that your life is a reflection of your perspective on it. If you go around seeing things as being terrible then they inherently will be.

I believe that I have much to learn, and I know I will enjoy every moment of learning it.

Love and light,

Milton Redman

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I Know how strong faith can be a very powerful thing, if used for good or ill.

I also know that if you were to follow, and read every day, making it your main attitude, behaviour and beliefs in life MrWupy's List above, you certainly would be not far from the fundamental positive, true and good aspects & teachings of all the religions.

A very good compass and guide to live your life by imho, I believe, or rather because it leaves no room for doubt in ourselves, I Know I agree with all the above, so there are very few to add, of which I would add a few bellow.

Brilliant Thread MrWupy

" I Know that really it is all easy, sometimes we make it difficult on ourselves and others, Today/This year therefore I choose to be kind & not right most of the time, and relax with love no matter what is happening, I know this is a way to happiness for me and others. "

" I Know that when I look in the eye of an dangerous animal or my worst enemy in a human, no matter how that at first makes me feel in body and mind, I will remember they to, like me feel pain, have feelings and just want to be happy like us. To love fearlessly in that situation, means nothing can ever again spoil our or their happiness and is the true path of the warrior "

" I know humanity can if it chooses easily make a fair, safe and wonderful society of happiness and growth,it is only a small change in all of us to make this possible. I will therefore today make that change in myself, support others doing it, and never loose faith in myself, or humanity to create a better future for all "

" I know if I make all decisions based on love, if I learn to feel more in my heart, to think with my heart it all becomes very easy ! "

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Hi Folks,

I have an ongoing story that I update once a year. Once again that time of year has come along where I have to sit down and take stock in myself and where I am on my path.

This year I can share it though and perhaps you might be willing to jump in with your own thoughts.

Here is last years version. Any input is more than welcome.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

Believe

I believe it’s important to occasionally sit down and take stock in the things you believe in. Sure, its easy to list off the things you don’t believe or have discarded because your journey has taught you better, still, it’s often hard to actually list off the things that you do believe. I learned this in a fellowship discussion group long ago. Since then I’ve had to occasionally sit down and put on paper the things that have been bouncing around inside my head.

I start with the last list I made and remove the things I’ve learned to be, well, not wrong but no longer applying to me. Then I add what I’ve learned over the time since I wrote it and go from there.

It makes things allot easier when I’m asked about my beliefs as well. Rather than having to go into a drawn out explanation I can hand them the latest list. I highly recommend this to everyone as well.

Matter of fact, I have learned that its thru the sharing and caring we have in each others lives that we are best able to grow.

Now:

I believe that before man, before the Earth, before the beginning of time, the truth existed, it’s the only thing that has never changed. It’s the only thing that has never needed to change.

I believe that unconditional love is the greatest gift you can give to this world, And to yourself.

I believe that the path someone walks does not make him or her holy. They must make the path holy regardless of the path they have chosen.

I believe that if you can’t see god in everything, than you can’t see god in anything.

I believe that there is only one race, the human race, and we’re all in it together, whether we like it or not.

I believe that forgiveness is not a gift to the person that wronged you; Forgiveness is a gift to yourself so that you may go on with your life in peace.

I believe that even though we express ourselves individually our spirits are all a part of the same being, the one who created all things. E Pluribus Unum, Out of many (people) One (spirit).

I believe that my true reflection will never be seen in a mirror before me, but in the eyes and hearts of the people I share my life with.

I believe that each of us has only one true gift we can give to this world, the gift of ourselves. Everything else will fall away

I believe that political power in the hands of religion has always, always, led to tyranny. I also believe that political power in the hands of religion will always lead to tyranny.

I believe that I have yet to meet a person who could not teach me something, if I will only pay attention.

I believe that every religion or designated path is in itself a cult, for no other reason than it narrows your mind from the broader realities.

I believe that your soul is as unique as the fingerprints on your hand. No one knows what you have learned and of the journey which brought you here. No one that is, except you. That’s why it’s important to share.

I believe that hugs make kids grow. (And they’re not bad for adults either)

I believe that though I am but a drop in the ocean, I am still the ocean. So are you.

I believe that if your heart is at peace with the life your living and your soul is at peace with your creator, who ever you consider that creator to be, than everything else is just icing on the cake.

I believe that hate is a poison to the soul of the person that is doing the hating.

I believe that all who teach us leave a part of their soul in ours.

I believe that in our darkest and most personally damned moments there is a light shining brightly to guide us, and we never realize that till long years have given us perspective.

I believe that your life is a reflection of your perspective on it. If you go around seeing things as being terrible then they inherently will be.

I believe that I have much to learn, and I know I will enjoy every moment of learning it.

Love and light,

Milton Redman

Beautiful philosophy and beliefs you hold, thanks for sharing with me and all who have read this.

Personally found it very very hard to maintain a loving nature, and I have tried, ego ? hate ? always returns and my soul continues to burn, just when it seems easy the bile surfaces to bitter us .

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Ah the emotions of anger and hate,

What tricksters to our lives they are eh?

They make us forget, we can do nothing about the past, so let it go and relax,

No one is 100% sure of the future even the most gifted mediums... so relax...

Now...

Love...

Is all there truly is, but the emotions make us go to the past, and make up imaginary futures (which can become a self fulfilling prophecy so easily)

Realx because those emotions are tricksters and illusions,

Now and Love are though really here now and happy to

Elf.

new topics

top topics

join