It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian teacher allegedly threatens to punch MAGA hat wearing student

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Sounds like something a leftist would say.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sounds like something a leftist would say.

You got me

Must be because of your iq

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I did. Pat yourself on the back, you've allowed hypocritical leftists to turn you into their mirror image.
edit on 2/22/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I did. Pat yourself on the back, you've allowed hypocritical leftists to turn you into their mirror image.

The ‘opposite’ of a hypocrite and a leftist

Thank you

Again, must be your iq

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

A hypocrite is still a hypocrite when they're looking at themselves in a mirror.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

A hypocrite is still a hypocrite when they're looking at themselves in a mirror.

Tape that one to your bathroom

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Kid was surely trolling.

Couple questions.

Was the hat not allowed per the schools rules?
Was the teacher in charge of enforcing school rules?

Enforcing rules?

The teacher was bullying... Just because a smart ass kid is trolling (wearing a hat is trolling these days?) doesn't mean you should act how they did. Take the kid into the hallway and talk to him and let him know you're worried for him based on what others may think or do to him, not denegrate and bully him.

But...that's looking at it from a balanced perspective and not this radical progressive crap.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Sad thing is you probably don't even realize just how similar you are to those you constantly complain about. That post was proof of it, you'll ignore it though.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I don't hate the hat. It's a hat, right? But let me ask you this. Is Old Glory just a flag? I mean after all it's just fabric, made in manufacturing plants either here or in China, shipped by the box full and sold in various outlets. Right? Just a flag. But there are those who say that once someone has bought it it must be treated as something else, something that deserves respect, that needs to be hung in such and such a manner and taking down and certain times and hung at half mast at others. It must not touch the ground and it must be folded away for storage in a specific manner. Yes or no.

And at large events where it hands are not all the people supposed to stand, place their hands over their chests and recite a special pledge to it? It's just a freeking flag for crying out loud.

But no it is not. It is a symbol, just like the Trump Maga hat, just more so. Remember back after 9/11 when it became the norm that must not ignored by any one to wear the little American flag pin ? Public figures HAD to wear it or they were shunned. Likewise wearing of hat assures acceptance at all Trump rallies.

And just what do you find about my earlier post that sounds ridiculous? Care to expand on that or would your rather just toss out a quick zinger.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Sad thing is you probably don't even realize just how similar you are to those you constantly complain about. That post was proof of it, you'll ignore it though.

Gee thanks for the insight. Coming from the most partisan leftist on the site doesn’t mean a lot though. Project much?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

originally posted by: JinMI
Kid was surely trolling.

Couple questions.

Was the hat not allowed per the schools rules?
Was the teacher in charge of enforcing school rules?

Enforcing rules?

The teacher was bullying... Just because a smart ass kid is trolling (wearing a hat is trolling these days?) doesn't mean you should act how they did. Take the kid into the hallway and talk to him and let him know you're worried for him based on what others may think or do to him, not denegrate and bully him.

But...that's looking at it from a balanced perspective and not this radical progressive crap.

What are you on about?

How can there be a balanced perspective if there is only one side of the story?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

At this stage of the game, the Swastika symbol may as well be relegated back to enlightenment from whence it originally derived from - a red cap with 4 words as taken over the mantle.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Need the confirmation did you?

What a surprise

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Symbols are worn for a purpose other than just being a garment. A hat with no slogan on it is just a hat. A hat with one of the most well known political slogans in history is not just a hat, it is a political statement. Surely you can see that. You must because you envision a student wearing a hat with Che on it as being a political statement. In either case the teacher had no right to single out that student in the manner it was described in this ''alledged'' incident. But saying it was just a hat seems that we want to believe that this kid was just an innocent victim. Being a victim seems to me lately to be one of the major cries of Trump defenders. Oh, the media is out to get us, oh the democrats, oh the liberals, oh the leftists. We are so mistreated by them all. Sounds a lot like Smollet or what ever that fools name is to me. Such victims.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Of course I did. And now that the evidence is in, I can learn from the event. I'm pretty much Schrodinger's Cat kind of guy. I try not to invest my own biases on an issue until I have enough information to do in a manner that I can back it up with other than intuition. I like to wait for the cat to demonstrate whether or not it is alive before pronouncing it is either.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here's and interesting twist to this whole issue of a red hat.
CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR BANNED FROM WEARING MAGA HAT

Now, normally I would not bring this type of stiry up, since school policy, if written clearly and without need for interpretation, should cover this type of issue. However, it seems that in this case, and likely other cases, the use of the phrase, "for safety" has popped up more lately. So, in this case, a judge had this to say,

According to former federal district judge Oliver Wanger, while Mueller’s First Amendment right is being infringed, the school may have the right to do it.

"If the hat is something that could invoke violence or invoke controversy, then for the sake of the safety for students the school is in their legal right,” KGPE reported

They also equated it to yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. Really?? SO, now if you feel the need to violently react to something, it's OK because you can get it banned to not offend you, for safety reasons. I guess not punishing those that actuallt GET violent, but those that are perceived to trigger it? Isn't that the entire basis of the 1st Amendment??

It's entire purpose is to protect the speech YOU find offensive, because others might not, but they are free to express that speech! Have we, as a country lost sight of what that amendment means, all for the sake of "feelings" and "not being offended"? What next will be offensive? Voting for the "wrong" person?

Take a step back folks, and realize, this is a hat....period. If you differ on what YOU feel it represents, then how about having an open and calm discussion about it with the wearer? Express YOUR opinion, in a non-violent and productive manner. because your expression is also protected, as long as it does not involve violence or suppression of others rights.

I repeat, it's a hat....not a symbol of hate. That hate is in YOU, and it chooses to find a convenient scapegoat in a piece of fabric with words written upon it.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: whyamIhere

I don't hate the hat. It's a hat, right? But let me ask you this. Is Old Glory just a flag? I mean after all it's just fabric, made in manufacturing plants either here or in China, shipped by the box full and sold in various outlets. Right? Just a flag. But there are those who say that once someone has bought it it must be treated as something else, something that deserves respect, that needs to be hung in such and such a manner and taking down and certain times and hung at half mast at others. It must not touch the ground and it must be folded away for storage in a specific manner. Yes or no.

And at large events where it hands are not all the people supposed to stand, place their hands over their chests and recite a special pledge to it? It's just a freeking flag for crying out loud.

But no it is not. It is a symbol, just like the Trump Maga hat, just more so. Remember back after 9/11 when it became the norm that must not ignored by any one to wear the little American flag pin ? Public figures HAD to wear it or they were shunned. Likewise wearing of hat assures acceptance at all Trump rallies.

And just what do you find about my earlier post that sounds ridiculous? Care to expand on that or would your rather just toss out a quick zinger.

Terry, what I find ridiculous is you assigning meaning to a hat.

It’s a hat. Not a flag or anything else just a red hat.

You are the one assigning meaning to a red hat.

I’ve seen green MAGA hats, you despise them too ?

I think you despise the hat because of your hate for Trump.

You can feel any way you like.

But, don’t insist I except your assigning meaning to the hat.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

That is really the crux of the issue here. And if you notice the title, it does say, "alleged"....intentionally since it has not been proven. However, given the actual confirmed examples of this type of TDS behavior, it is worth discussion. Albeit, more level headed and civil than it has degraded to here so far

Well, you and I seem to have had a conversation with out so much degradation so at leas there is that. Yes, you did point out the alledgedness of the story and for the most part that was what I was attempting to point out, that it is alleged. It does seem to me that round here, alleged so often seems to be taken as realtiy, you know?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I'm just talking in general

And the hat is more than just a hat.
It has become a political symbol of the right.

And if a teen from another country is wearing it he is trolling.

It's only lulz when trump trolls though

Liberal media made it into the symbol it's seen as. To Trump supporters, it's just a hat that shows support for the candidate they voted for. No different than a shirt that said "hope and change" back in Obama's years.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join