It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six New Mexico Counties Refuse to Enforce New State-Level Gun Controls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Six New Mexico counties are reacting to the state-level push for a red flag law and universal background checks by making clear they will not enforce the new gun controls.

The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that the counties are doing this via “Second Amendment Sanctuary” resolutions. So far the counties of Eddy, Curry, Quay, Union, Socorro, and San Juan, have adopted the resolutions.

CBS 7 quoted Lea County Sheriff Corey Helton saying, “You’re just taking guns out of law-abiding citizen’s hands. This is not going to affect the criminals out there. They’re going to be able to get guns and they do not follow the law.”

Meet the freedom fighters.

This needs to go nationwide.

A clear message needs to be sent to gunphobes. We will no longer be under your boot.

Second amendment Sanctuary resolution.

Let FREEDOM ring!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
You and I both know that the NWO crowd will never give up.. If they lose this round there will be many more rounds.. Only the elite should be protected by paid armed guards by their reasoning.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

They will get them eventually....Scripture says people will be made to submit, by sorcery

So proud of the normals standing in the gap in new Mexico......it will spread........news of someone standing

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Call them firearm sanctuary zones/cities and youll be fine.
If you put the word "sanctuary" in it you dont have to pay attention to laws or even common sense it would seem

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Good.

Shall NOT is not an ambiguous phrase.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That's why there is a push to get rid of the County Sheriff! Remember some years ago when ole Joe Biden and his son had a push to do away with County Sheriffs?

Only elected law officers in our country, the rest are state gestapo who answers to the state. Thank God we still have Elected law officials in this country. Only damn check and balance us little people have when it come to law enforcement.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Same is probably going to happen in Nevada. The Democrat majority that got voted in by all the morons from California are secretly working on more gun control for Nevada.

They too want unenforceable laws and punishments for the law abiding.

Democrats never saw an authoritarian gun law they didn't like.
edit on 22 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 22 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Speaking TRUTH to power.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
People just don’t get the fact that it’s not the governments right or responsibility to protect people from harming themselves in their own homes.. It’s a shame that people die from negligence with firearms, but it’s not the responsibility of the government to deal with it. The problem is that a lot of gun owners don’t use their guns enough to practice safe use and storage of them.

Perhaps there could be laws pertaining to safe management in the home? If someone is found to have guns lying around loaded they could get fines?

Either way, someone needs to point out that all these incidents are crimes and they’re being committed by people who are bent on breaking laws in the first place.. All this talk about guns just gives bad guys more ideas.. As a nation we need to just get over it. America is an armed nation and it’s always going to be that way.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Am I the only one that is beginning to see something of a troubling trend here?

Sanctuary States and Cities that don't enforce Federal immigration laws.

Now Counties that don't enforce State Laws.

These appear to me to be the cracks demonstrating that something's about to come apart at the seams.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

These appear to me to be the cracks demonstrating that something's about to come apart at the seams.
That's because none have been made an example off out of fear of bad public opinion.

Sometimes, tough love is needed and being labeled the bad guy isn't soo bad considering the circumstances.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: projectvxn

Speaking TRUTH to power.

I hate this phrase so much.

Also, sheriffs have a lot more power than people realize.

edit on 22-2-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
""Six New Mexico Counties Refuse to Enforce New State-Level Gun Controls""

:::Question coming in from Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez:::

"What are the names of the 6 new counties in Mexico?"

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I don’t want to blow my own trumpet but it appears people have heard my words of wisdom

New Mexico counties declare themselves as 2nd amendment sanctuary cities
edit on 22/2/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

www.koat.com...

Looks like Luna and Grant just passed the same unanimously. This law will apparently only be enforced in Albucrackhead and Santa Fe

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

If it's fed vs state I side with the state.

If it's county vs state I side with the county.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So when they decided to go after these "sanctuary counties" and force them to comply, they're also going to reverse their position on being a "sanctuary state" for illegal immigrants too, right? Right?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: 727Sky
Scripture says people will be made to submit, by sorcery

Where is that exactly?

As for the OP, fantastic!

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Sounds kinda great to me ... if states start to do this more and more regarding federal laws ... and counties with state laws ... than one of two things will eventually happen.

1) We will descend into a state of lawlessness like the old west where each two pretty much did as they pleased.

2) lawmakers at the federal and state level will be forced to start representing all of their constituents when making new laws and not just their special interests. If a material portion of your state isn't going to enforce your new law chances are it was a bad law that did not address the needs of your citizens.

Eather case is better than we have now.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I have heard about this before many times, government puts a law out there and the local law enforcement simply disagree with the law and don't enforce it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join