It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't Aliens Ever Wear Bright Colors Or Prints?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

"...Try to imagine reddish green — not the dull brown you get when you mix the two pigments together, but rather a color that is somewhat like red and somewhat like green. Or, instead, try to picture yellowish blue — not green, but a hue similar to both yellow and blue."

Those words remind me of this scene from the movie "Mr. Blandings Builds his Dreamhouse""

edit on 2/22/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
And why are they always so photo-shy?
Or having their photos taken with a shaky potatoe? On a stick. Zoomed on into that one little bright/notsobright blob of light.

I can only assume you've never tried taking pics of something in the night sky with your phone (by far the most common camera carried by people), it's not gonna happen, well it will but it just looks like you took a pic with a shaky potatoe on a stick, zoomed in...

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Didn't read the entire thread, so don't know if anyone posited this thought......

What if they are wearing prints. However, with the limited spectrum of our vision, we cannot see the patterns? You know. like flower patterns that bees can see in UV that we cannot see.

Excellent conjecture on your part. And I believe you're right as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Well I suppose they got confused by superman wearing his briefs outside his pant's and decided to just call it a day and either wear nothing or wear a telly tubby outfit.

Seriously though Men in Black, they wear suits or appear to when victims of there stalking describe them, then again they appear to drive up in a big black sedan and leave only one set of tire tracks in the snow and do other dimensional being's actually wear clothing?.

Give us a natural disaster that drives us underground, give us a hundred thousand years of living in controlled environment's and low lighting and then our eye's may become huge, our skin may lose all it's hair and we may give up on clothing entirely especially if we eventually resort to cloning our race as we become so damned ugly we no longer find one another attractive.

And after the whole watchers getting there rock's off with human woman thing can you blame the supreme leader for having a bunch of sexless watchers take there place and keep the sex crazed one's away from us (if they found our woman beautiful does that mean there's were like the back end of a freight wagon or something?).

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

They are *not* goths!

They are emo!!!

Cereal.

They are at work! And you don’t dress up in your slut suit (zoot suit) at work.

Plus they are all interconnected psychicly so who cares what you look like. Saves on space credits at Quark’s suits For Aliens!

Those “eye membranes” screw up the patterns and colors anyway (Stoopid protective graphene lens!!) so why bother??

Zeta Reticulum gray for you!!
edit on 22-2-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: frickin’ autocorrect

edit on 22-2-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Twice!!!

edit on 22-2-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: wth?? My spelling is being “corrected” on edits!!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Fictional star wars alien's (Sci fi authors are dreamers and so too are real world inventors) the people of the planet Kamino were originally a race whom lived on continent's but when there planets sizable polar ice melted there ancient homelands were drowned beneath a planetary ocean, they were a humanoid race whom had taken to tinkering with there own DNA and were renowned for there cloning facility's were the Clone troopers were created, in this fictional world the street's and corridors of there city looked like plain white featureless corridors seemingly as sterile and austere as a laboratory and there clothing also seemed bland BUT they the Native Kaminoan's could see into the ultra violet spectrum so to them it all looked very different indeed and there street's were colorful and brightly lit though many other races human's included were blind to those spectrum they favored in there art work and decoration so could not see it.

edit on 22-2-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Aliens didn't exist until movies created them, in a manner of speaking. Now, aliens 'exist', in 'reality'.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I watched a Nova episode about birds and their vision is waaaaay different than ours. Their peripheral vision is used like a spotting scope as they swoop in. Rods and cones are in a very different configuration. [eta: a true bio mod I would go for!]

Why would an alien’s be the same as our’s?? That is too geocentric thinking!

Heck, bees see UV and those are geo-critters too!

Two eyes for stereoscopic vision and seeing depth. But why not insect hexagonal lens like a spider? Why our limited earthbound version?

I totally agree that what is “alien” is for the most part... fearful to us humans (general gross statement). And any organic lifeform would take inspiration from the environment.

Heck, they might be sort of synthetic and only know one way. That just shows our limitations on thinking!!

Thanks for sharing the SW Universe stuff because I only stick to the story telling aspect and do not read up like I used too (Splinter Of The Mind’s Eye was the last SWU novel I read!)

Thinking alien is really, really, hard!!

Hint: They do not think like us. Or behave like us. And are truly “Other” which is slightly frightening! Add looking like big bugs (discounting the reptoids!!) and you can understand why Betty and Barney Hill could not understand why they asked, “Who is this Jesus you keep calling out for?” (They were also asked about “what is time” which drove William S. Burroughs into his dry cackle!)

Me, They did not concatenate to “what’s” which is one of the STTNG’s examples of Data being a synthetic life form.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: LABTECH767

I watched a Nova episode about birds and their vision is waaaaay different than ours. Their peripheral vision is used like a spotting scope as they swoop in. Rods and cones are in a very different configuration. [eta: a true bio mod I would go for!]

Why would an alien’s be the same as our’s?? That is too geocentric thinking!

Heck, bees see UV and those are geo-critters too!

Two eyes for stereoscopic vision and seeing depth. But why not insect hexagonal lens like a spider? Why our limited earthbound version?

I totally agree that what is “alien” is for the most part... fearful to us humans (general gross statement). And any organic lifeform would take inspiration from the environment.

Heck, they might be sort of synthetic and only know one way. That just shows our limitations on thinking!!

Thanks for sharing the SW Universe stuff because I only stick to the story telling aspect and do not read up like I used too (Splinter Of The Mind’s Eye was the last SWU novel I read!)

Thinking alien is really, really, hard!!

Hint: They do not think like us. Or behave like us. And are truly “Other” which is slightly frightening! Add looking like big bugs (discounting the reptoids!!) and you can understand why Betty and Barney Hill could not understand why they asked, “Who is this Jesus you keep calling out for?” (They were also asked about “what is time” which drove William S. Burroughs into his dry cackle!)

Me, They did not concatenate to “what’s” which is one of the STTNG’s examples of Data being a synthetic life form.

I never imagined that my silly little thread would illicit so many varied and interesting responses. Go figure.
edit on 2/23/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

So.... just because they don't seem to follow our fashion trends here on Earth you don't believe those sightings are real. Hmm... that just show proof of how limited your brain is.

I've most often seen the typical Gray in a body fitted silver grey to greyish suit, seem to be a very thin material. I don't know how they put it on but they have it on. I've seen another type of Gray who doesn't seem to be wearing any clothes - had no genitalie, yes I looked. The smaller Grays (the size of a 3-year old) wear more of a darker grey body fitting suit and wear boots. The human-looking higher dimensional beings wear clothes similar to us but very much more stylish. I've seen taller Grays wearing some sort of long coat with pants and boots and gloves, very syfy clothing. Brown and black in color.

But the body fitting suits seem to be the more general type of clothing.

It might look boring to us but it might be very technologicly advanced suits.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I dont think such things would have much merit in interstellar/interdimentional travel.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I always figured they were plant based and not meat based so they are completely different. Nothing says they couldn't be plant based except our limited viewpoint.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Maybe Fashion describe their nature and international behaviour order and rank?
edit on 0b03America/ChicagoSat, 23 Feb 2019 12:36:03 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 23 Feb 2019 12:36:03 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
When aliens come here they go through severe and strict training and have many do not do's:

Don’t act like a fool
Don’t act like human beings
Don’t wear designer clothes
Don’t mingle with the humans
Don't eat the food
Don’t mess with the woman

Oh Well they can’t obey everything

edit on 23-2-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Any respectful ET...imho --- on a close encounter with a potentially violent alien --- would be wearing a helmet of some sort...and who wouldn't, if they had half the chance?

But one possible piece of clothing that they (ET) might wear...might be a coat of arms of some sort --- delineating there heritage --- as in a cloth patch, ring or bauble (good luck charm). I would not rule out the ET being royalty of some sort...but definitely being an either top gun pilot, scientist, doctor, writer, historian, warrior or peaceful protocol envoy (or all of the above), that represents there civilization.
edit on 23-2-2019 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 23-2-2019 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 23-2-2019 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 23-2-2019 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Surely NASA scientists and contractors could have made polka-dotted space suits for the astronauts to brighten things up.

So why didn't they?

When you answer that question, then you will have the answer for your question.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Because they come here on business.

Find out where they go on vacation and see the hottest newt alien cruise-wear.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Taste?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: szino9

yeah what is that all about? have you seen me doing impossible #?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

because they trying to get over on you. come on guys.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join