It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvel Denying REFUNDS For Captain Marvel & More Hilarity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

She don't want white dudes to see the movie.

She dont wanna hear what a white dude has to say.

Of course the woke brigade is already claiming angry misogynist are review bombing Captain Marvel, heh, sure say it's trolling to make it easier to swallow.

Anyways the movie releases on international Wamens day.

Captain Marvel toys are already being discounted.

They say opening expectation have dropped 100 million huehe.

Why can't Captain Marvel be black why we gotta have all these damn White Saviors?

See it's fun to play innit?

Lemme know if you see it, I'm going to see Alita instead.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I believe the spelling is wahmen

hope this helps

Nothing is ever enough for a progressive agenda, as soon as one achievement is reached the next is already on the table. No actual thought is put into why this is good, or should we do this, it is done for the singular purpose of progression. No reason is needed for this supposed progression however, as its purpose is simply to rock the foundations of culture and create fabricated unrest.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Its a Marvel movie so Ill see it at some stage but Im not keen to pay money to do so.

Its really disappointing when actors get political, well actually she got racist and sexist but because she was aiming at white men its OK.

Whether good or bad Marvels fan base is overwhelmingly white guys, I dont understand why this needs to change or is a problem.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
this is getting absolutely asinine about the values of movies based on some "social warrior" scale

Look for the record I have no interest in this movie either for or against.

Just because a movie is about a particular theme, has a particular gender, has a particular race, creed, religion, location, theme, whatever does not grant it greater or lesser value.
Just because the writer, director, author, CEO of the studio , ect that has the above previously mentioned criteria also does not grant it any greater or lesser value.

nor does any of the above make a reviewer who in their HONEST REVIEW says it is bad (or good for that matter) is a "troll", "sexiest", "racist" or a XX phobe of any kind.

Look either the actor/actress is good or bad. The theme is good or bad. The directing, effects, story line, location, WHATEVER is either well done or bad.... PERIOD

please stop injecting some sort of agenda , social cause, whatever into A DAMN MOVIE.

Stop shaming people BECAUSE THEY EITHER LIKE IT OR DONT.

to modify a saying from sigmund freud .....
sometimes a movie is just a movie.
and
an opinion is just an opinion

rant over

Scrounger

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Maybe people are just sick and tired of all the super hero movies and want something more for their entertainment dollar. I realize someone my age isn’t in the movie demographic, but it seems to me we aren’t wrong for expecting more than what we are getting with this garbage.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree with your point that people want something different.

Look I love alot (not all) the latest group of super hero/heroine movies.

but the problem is that hollywood is putting out one theme / genera in mass.

there is almost no diversity .

Look if all you get is one type/thing (outside of money) in large amount all the time you get SICK OF IT.

No matter how good they may be people are getting burned out.

add to it this now making it some sort of social warrior cause and then add anyone who disagrees with you is bad, sexist, ect.
then no matter how good the movie is you just killed it.

just ask disney on this with star wars and why solo bombed.

scrounger

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Exactly

Sometimes it almost seems like you can't do anything without offending someone or some group these days. It is quite sad actually. If i say "Hello scrounger", Then the ones who are not scrounger (should i say scrounger-limited individuals) get triggered because i didn't say Hello to them as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   
WTF is the OP saying?

Who here has seen the movie (Feb. 22) to be able to give a report on the validity of story- if not message.

I prefer to judge things on merit. Not feels. And so far marvel MCU has produced (I can fault 2 as less than good).
Shouldn't we wait for public consumption before decrying something?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Stan Lee hasn't been dead a year and the marvel movie universe is already become stupid.
while i'm not the biggest fan, i hope they don't screw up the Thanos sequel because of their stupid and misguided agenda

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Maybe people are just sick and tired of all the super hero movies and want something more for their entertainment dollar. I realize someone my age isn’t in the movie demographic, but it seems to me we aren’t wrong for expecting more than what we are getting with this garbage.

I completely 100% agree with this.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well Brie does look like Marilyn Chambers a lot so perhaps she likes the Darker Skinned Men.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I too would like to know what the op is about cause it reads like a ramble.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I too would like to know what the op is about cause it reads like a ramble.

little hard to know what the op was when you choose to ignore the fact you needed to see the video.

thus missing over half the posting

smh

scrounger

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Why would I click a random video when I don't know what it's about?

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Why would I click a random video when I don't know what it's about?

why would you post on a thread, when you haven't a clue about what it's about?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

hmmm it says the new marvel movie
the video says marvel movie

you must be a troll because no one can be this dense .

but hey if you happy looking like a fool ill defend your right to do so

scrounger

(post by VividestSum93 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'm going to wait a few months to see the real,captain marvel......Shazam

Can't wait till Shazam does better at the box office.
This clown doesn't want me to see her movie so I'll give her what she wants...to bad she's in the next avengers...

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'm going to wait a few months to see the real,captain marvel......Shazam

Can't wait till Shazam does better at the box office.
This clown doesn't want me to see her movie so I'll give her what she wants...to bad she's in the next avengers...

Saw the trailer for that just the other day.

Looks spectacular! And I'm not really a superhero fan.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I agree brie Larson is horrible PR for the movie and imo not a good actress. I use wonder woman as a great example. A strong female super hero with no BS female power social issues from the main actress and movie. Just a really good movie everyone can enjoy.

I'll hold my judgment until I maybe see the movie but I only wanna see it because of avengers endgame. The trailers do look really bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join