It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Swing - The Speakeasy Three - When I Get Low, I Get High ( Official Music Video}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Some popular music of the past is classic nnd is well suited to a modern uptake:

The Speakeasy Three - When I Get Low, I Get High ( Official Music Video

Bright Lights Late Nights - the Speakeasies' Swing Band! (Official Music Video)

Just before Rock began - This music, more than any other led to it.....

Louis Prima - Sing,Sing,Sing (With a Swing)

And also consider this......

Parov Stelar - Chambermaid Swing (Doc-Terry's Video Club Mix) HD

edit on 21-2-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

The 2nd and last time I smoked a uh... substance, 3 syllables, starts with an O... old school substance just like the music of this thread... The founding Bonesmen made their fortunes selling it. I hope that's enough clues. [stock ticker: OPM]

Anyways I began to hear this kind of music in my head. A lively party was happening in my head. I was a teen in the late 90s. Tupac had just died a few years ago. I never ever listened to this music.

It wasnt just vague music either. It was an actual song I ended up hearing again later and got the name which I can't remember at the moment, but it was one of the more popular songs of the genre, probably used in a lot of period films, which makes me think I probably heard it before, so it was recorded in HD quality by my subconscious, and it was plucked from my subconscious memory banks at random, or because my brain desired some upbeat music. I was at a party except we had gone outside to sit in a car and partake.

Or maybe, just maybe, I was a part of this music scene in a past lifetime or simply was a big fan of it. I still listen to this music on Music Choice sometimes.

I look forward to listening to these and look forward to a swing and big band revival. I don't look forward to all the new artists ruining the classics, but, that's part of the process. Gotta take the bad with the good sometimes.

Thanks for sharing bud

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView
Thanks for sharing Allienview. I like all of these songs.
Sing Sing Sing reminds of the song in The Mask Where the Mask Is Dancing with Tina (Cameron Diaz).

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Sorry I should have clarified I heard swing music, not this new swing music. But I think it's cool people are making music like this.

top topics

join