It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Stone Punished for Threatening a Judge -- CNN Threatened President Trump and Not Punished!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

One is legalized political theater/propaganda, the other is a real life threat to a judge.

Can you explain to me how an image of the judge with the background image of a sun cross (used by an odd website as part of a background "corruption" logo) is in any way a real live threat?

Just curious... I looked into a bit yesterday and what he seems to be guilty of is cropping an image... which he didn't actually do.

Or is everything with a cross and a circle now cross hairs for a percentage of our citizens?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: carewemust
One is legalized political theater/propaganda, the other is a real life threat to a judge.
Your op is comparing apples to hand grenades.

In today's society, filled with easily triggered people, the "grenade" thrower is CNN. Stone, by comparison, has very little influence and reach.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Honestly I don't know why anyone would defend Roger Stone.

That dude is a lying douche bag and a vapid grand stander.

He's also relatively harmless in the grand scheme of things, yet he was taken into custody by a 29 member FBI SWAT team conducting an early morning raid... for false statements, witness tampering, and a ridiculously tacked on "obstruction" charge. It isn't so much about defending Stone as it is critiquing an out of control federal agency and special investigator with a messianic complex as well as a judiciary with a serious case of little man syndrome that runs so deeply they require special laws on the books to ensure they can "get" anyone they perceive as not genuflecting deeply enough or slobbering on their ring in copious enough amounts when ordered to kiss it. McCarthy ain't got nothing on Mueller or this Napoleon Complex riddled judge.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Anyone can see my post history to know where I stand on US pilitics but seriously, posting a pic of a judge in a crosshair and at this time.. Thats just plain stupid.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

A question.

Your source states this.

Stone was indicted in January by a grand jury on charges brought forward by Mueller, who alleges that Stone sought stolen emails from WikiLeaks that could have damaged Trump's opponents in the 2016 presidential election while in coordination with senior Trump campaign officials.

I don't understand how this is different from what Fusion did for the Hillary campaign. Can someone explain how it is different?

The difference is that the Hillary campaign succeeded in purchasing a dossier composed of stuff from Russian spies and not only used it to influence the 2016 election, but also used it to get a FISA warrant to spy on Trump during his campaign, through his Presidential win and into the beginning of his Presidency.

It was also used to start a Special Council that operates essentially as a taxpayer-paid opposition research team for the 2020 elections.

But since you brought that up, you are a racist bigoted homophobe who is too stupid to understand that Hillary should have won because Orange Man Bad.

Hope that helped...

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1337Kph
Anyone can see my post history to know where I stand on US pilitics but seriously, posting a pic of a judge in a crosshair and at this time.. Thats just plain stupid.

And I think Stone is a scumbag, however anyone who thinks that a sun cross has suddenly become a crosshairs symbol is just plain stupid.

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Can you explain to me how an image of the judge with the background image of a sun cross (used by an odd website as part of a background "corruption" logo) is in any way a real live threat?

Just curious... I looked into a bit yesterday and what he seems to be guilty of is cropping an image... which he didn't actually do.

Or is everything with a cross and a circle now cross hairs for a percentage of our citizens?

Look at it from a different way.
Let's just say you are involved in the case and I was Stone.
If I took your profile pic and did the same, would you take that as a nothing burger? Or take that as a threat?
I would take that as a underlining threat but one that can be done legally. The judge is supposed to uphold the constitution. And that she did seeing as he used loopholes in regards to making threats.
Like I said before he is smart but really needs to STFU....IMO

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree with you generally.

But this dude is low-hanging fruit at best, and he's dumber than a box of rocks.

That said, I have to tentatively agree with carewemust on the view that this may be seen as a bit of hypocrisy when CNN made a huge deal out of potentially assassinating Donald Trump.

My agreement is tentative in that I await a more sound logical argument for why these situations can be viewed the same. I am having trouble drawing a straight line in the logic and that isn't usual for me unless I'm reading silly posts.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There were many more of those cross-hair images besides that one. I remember one thread on here where there were 4-5 unique instances of it on liberal sites. Then there were the ones that were "questionable". One was of the president's head being viewed through a "ring hole" (for something like a rope line - the ring on top that the rope goes through), and it looked almost identical to old rifle sights (not scope). Then there were the numerous "V" shaped "iron sights" with the president's head in the center. With all of those, there might have been 8-10 of those at that point in time.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Maybe they are coming from the angle that all of the media is simply scripted entertainment. All of the infighting of major news networks and politicians is simply a ploy, everyone knows their part and is acting in accordance to their paycheck.

But no one gave permission for judges to be scrutinized. That is not in their plans. So they have to come down very heavy on the unscripted events. I don't think they will allow anyone else to mess with their bought and paid for judges. The judges will be very instrumental in the further removal of our freedoms.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Different rules with an individual and a public media outlet. One's a person, the other an organization...who by the by...are supposed to report report and comment on all things

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I would give Trump 100:1 odds in a WWE fight with Zucker.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Different rules with an individual and a public media outlet. One's a person, the other an organization...who by the by...are supposed to report report and comment on all things

Whatever happened to corporate personhood? That only exists when its convenient?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yes indeed. And a good friend of POTUS.
It will be interesting to find out who in the Trump org ordered someone to get in touch with Stone regarding more Wikileaks dumps.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Lumenari

Look at it from a different way.
Let's just say you are involved in the case and I was Stone.
If I took your profile pic and did the same, would you take that as a nothing burger? Or take that as a threat?
I would take that as a underlining threat but one that can be done legally. The judge is supposed to uphold the constitution. And that she did seeing as he used loopholes in regards to making threats.
Like I said before he is smart but really needs to STFU....IMO

I don't have to look at it a different way though.

Stone took a picture from a website that was showing his judge as corrupt.

He posted said picture, it got cropped and there is a symbol there in the background.

ZOMG... he wants to kill her now!!!!

In all actuality, when internet training started for places like Ford and Honda, they placed a crosshairs on the part you were supposed to look at, focus on.

It didn't mean that we were supposed to shoot it... it meant that was what were supposed to FOCUS on.

The whole crosshairs thing started with Palin, in documents where someone in her camp used crosshairs to point out where her focus should be.

Like it had been used before in training and other documentation.

The left morphed that into a hostile indicator to make political hay.

Before Palin, everyone understood that crosshairs meant something you focused on.

AFTER Palin, everyone was re-educated to understand that it was now somehow a death threat.

And again, the symbol taken in context isn't even crosshairs.

Hope that helped...

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Yes indeed. And a good friend of POTUS.
It will be interesting to find out who in the Trump org ordered someone to get in touch with Stone regarding more Wikileaks dumps.

So are we wandering back to...

Democrats paying Russian spies for opposition research = good.

Republicans asking about the possibility of the same = impeachable offense.

Just wondering.

edit on 21-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

the news media reaches millions a tweet not so much

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Whatever happened to corporate personhood? That only exists when its convenient?

Yep....when its convenient. One is a person spouting off....the other is a org whose job is to report good, bad, right, wrong...by spouting off. Thats their job. Report.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Roger Stone is a Modern Day Jesus Christ . He who is Without SIN in their Hearts , Cast the First Stone ............

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

If this is gonna be more Russia collusion BS count me out. I don't like Roger Stone, but I'm not some card carrying whining liberal that believes everything said by CNN.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join