It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Stone Punished for Threatening a Judge -- CNN Threatened President Trump and Not Punished!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Thursday, February 21, 2019

Today, President Trump's 20-year friend, and former campaign advisor Roger Stone appeared before Judge Amy Berman Jackson, and apologized..

(CNN) - Roger Stone formally apologized Monday for his controversial Instagram posts about federal district court Judge Amy Berman Jackson in a letter filed with the court.

Jackson is overseeing Stone's criminal case in DC District Court.

A photo was posted and then deleted from Stone's Instagram account showing Jackson next to cross hairs, mimicking the scope of a rifle. The cross hairs were in the background of the photo, and not directly over the judge.
--------------
"Thank you, but the apology rings quite hollow," she said.

"No, Mr. Stone, I'm not giving you another chance," she added.

Judge Jackson dramatically restricted Roger Stone's ability to speak publicly about his case.

Stone may now not speak publicly about the investigation or the case or any participants in the investigation or the case.

"Period," Jackson said.
More at: www.cnn.com...

REWIND to May 15, 2018. CNN published a photo of President Trump being viewed through a sniper rifle scope!

See the Photo Here: www.indy100.com...

Ignored by Liberal MSM: townhall.com...

--So, an elderly man implies that a judge should be assassinated, and catches hell from the judge and the media.

--A Mainstream News Network implies that the President of the United State should be assassinated, and.....crickets.

Maybe Roger Stone was laying the groundwork...setting the stage...for punishment being planned for CNN?

After all, CNN is hitting Stone hard today for what he posted online. They can hardly claim ignorance, when their Trump assassination "dog whistle" to angry Democrats, is lumped in with the other charges coming to the network, later this year. (IG Reports Implicate CNN in several violations)

-CareWeMust

edit on 2/21/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Honestly? Not seeing the connection. Doing that stuff to a judge is just stupid. It shouldn't be of course, but judges will judge, and they have the power.

It isn't the same as a "news" network, as much as we would like it to import the same.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The reporter thing shouldn't have happened but it in no way excuses Stone for doing what he did. And the two examples are not the same at all.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Why would the pres punish cnn for doing what he told them to?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Not a very good comparison I would say.
Roger Rabid was already warned to watch his big mouth.
Posting something like that is just plain disrespect for the law. She had every right to throw his lousy butt in the clink, and he knew it too.
As it is, she let him slide with a gag order.
I think she was merciful.
Hopefully he gets the clue.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

A News Network reaches more people...many millions more, than Roger Stone. Therefore, they have a higher responsibility to be cautious in what they imply to the public.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Why would the pres punish cnn for doing what he told them to?
What?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't think it was about the picture. It was what he wrote.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A News Network reaches more people...many millions more, than Roger Stone. Therefore, they have a higher responsibility to be cautious in what they imply to the public.

I don't disagree with that, but you can't deny that he gets his promotion from the same media...

You are better than that argument.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argen
I don't think it was about the picture. It was what he wrote.

The judge said the picture stone posted, could give people "ideas" to commit harm.

Same with CNN showing Trump in sniper rifle cross-hairs.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I don't disagree with that, but you can't deny that he gets his promotion from the same media...

No...I'm not. I stand by the comparison. It's common sense.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

People can claim Trump has thin skin, but he doesn't have anything on judges. The tiny barbs on a butterfly's feet would lacerate a judge and potentially cause him or her to bleed out if it landed awkwardly on their arm. Rarely have I ever seen a profession filled with more weak, fragile egoed, insecure individuals than the bench.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
After reading the entire townhall article and checking it out, it does look like the crosshairs on Trump was unintentional, an error creating a gif. I hate defending anything connected to CNN, but it is what it is.

Stone also seems to be unintentional, both were deleted.

People on both sides seemed to rush to judgment, some can't let it go.

Looks like another day of politics on the internet.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

No...I'm not. I stand by the comparison. It's common sense.

Agree to disagree then, all good.

On this particular story.

The mainstream media is indeed a whore to be sold to the highest bidder, just so happens Dems are the highest bidders right now.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The entire media was pulled together into a few small groups and the narrative controlled.

-Before Trump.

"Oh, my god, the entire gov controlled media turned on the gov!"

"It's all those liberals in the media!"

The ass-umption that state controlled media stopped when Trump got in is stupid.

Can you put fourth anything that could show media has lost the control over it, so

we can make an actual comparison to the threatening of judges?

One is legalized political theater/propaganda, the other is a real life threat to a judge.

Your op is comparing apples to hand grenades.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Honestly I don't know why anyone would defend Roger Stone.

That dude is a lying douche bag and a vapid grand stander.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

But CNN has a history of "dog whistling" to anti-Trumpers that he should be terminated.

One of the most memorable was just before his 2017 inauguration as President.

CNN is under fire for what is being called the Trump Assassination Scenario. A "what if" piece by CNN's Brian Todd suggesting an Obama appointee will take the reins of government if Trump and Pence are assassinated at their swearing-in.
Source: www.news965.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

A question.

Your source states this.

Stone was indicted in January by a grand jury on charges brought forward by Mueller, who alleges that Stone sought stolen emails from WikiLeaks that could have damaged Trump's opponents in the 2016 presidential election while in coordination with senior Trump campaign officials.

I don't understand how this is different from what Fusion did for the Hillary campaign. Can someone explain how it is different?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

OH c'mon man....Stone is a smart dude but in his age he has let his arrogance get the best of him. And as of right now he is lucky his bum isn't locked up.
He should've stopped while he was ahead. But NO he kept going and acting a fool. I hope he gets thrown behind bars for sheer stupidity.
After he got Manafort in he should have just gone away into the dark.
I know it's early but he should be a candidate for a Darwin award!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

PROOF....The horrible campaign of a horrible runner Hillary can and has more money and better connections to hide such evidence.
That is pretty much it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join