It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheffield pensioner leads tributes to ww2 us bomber crew.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
linky

Sheffield pensioner leads a tribute to the us airmen who died in a crash when the pilot pulled up to avoid a bunch of kids in the park.

That's the short version, the story is worth a read though.

The blokes in that plane would have been the right age to be millennials today.

I'm glad that their story is getting told like this.

i2-prod.mirror.co.uk...

Here's a pic.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I saw a news story on this a while back.

The Chap takes a daily walk through the park and stops at the Memorial to the Pilots.

The current generation need to know what sacrifices were made for them and to learn some respect.

Edit:

Found a link to the story ...

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 22-2-2019 by Cymru because: Add link

And the interview ...

youtu.be...
edit on 22-2-2019 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Ay up Sprock good day to you and many thanks for bringing this to ATS

To any USA people out there it is live on BBC right now. Beautiful clear skies over Sheffield too ready for the fly by any minute

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Gives a little bit of hope to me when I read something like this, not only about the bomber crew, but the man who took it upon himself to pay his respects like he has.
Decent people.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Blast.
On the train to work.
Hope its on catchup.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

all my heroes are gone sprocket. i had the honour of knowing many from all the services (ww2) from childhood.

i'm now teaching grandchildren about the sacrifices others made for our freedoms.

watching the Dakota gave me good shivers!

f.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Sure it will be mate, was a real gem to watch even though arrived at work late. The Dakota fly by was a real special as someone elso mentioned. Perfect weather thank the lord, who'd imagine a day like today up in hills come Feb? God must be watching.

Those young Americans who died for another continents anarchy, just can't believe what they did to free us from hell on Earth unleashed by the Nazi movement and in many cases died in the process. They could have just pulled up their drawbridge and carried on with their normal lives and left the outside world to fall apart. But they saved us. Something events like the fly by today must keep in our minds forever the saviour that was the USA

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Saviour that was the USA?

You'll find a hell of a lot of Pilots gave their lives of many Nationalities.

Thats not to disrespect, just to make a point.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If you read the title this thread is uniquely about USA pilots.

In addition to which I stand by the statement that the USA was our saviour in WW2. Pilots from other nations sure helped out. These awesome individuals didn't save us from defeat long term, the USA did that, they certainly were our saviour

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Amd tbey broke the Enigma Code.
My bad.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The Enigma code? What difference did that make to the invasion of Britain?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The fact that the Brits broke it but the septics take the credit.

Its farcical.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If you chase the train down the track there can be no doubt the USA saved us from certain defeat and I don't suggest for one moment that the Germans were probable victors over us. Barborossa was the beginning of the end for German power, they were done for from that point and the Soviets were on a roll to take out the whole of continental Europe. Nothing could stop them, there was no European coaltion that could prevent their take over of Germany, France, Belgium etc. The Soviets were totally on track to take over the whole continent, once complete do you honestly think anything we could do would prevent them at some future point in time from taking out Britain itself?

The only thing that prevented Soviet domination of the whole of Europe including our small island was the intervention of the USA............. They were our saviour for sure

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Ok.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Anyway this whole event is to pay respect to the ten Yanks who took their own lives to save the children in the park. Really amazing.................... If heaven exists then they should be there

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Let's not turn this into a knob measuring contest.
Besides, the Poles did the real legwork breaking enigma.

new topics

top topics

join