It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blinding of Justice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It seems a couple of interesting events have popped up over the last few days...

Justin Smollett got hisself arrestipated.

About a week or so ago, the story broke that the actor/singer (who I had never heard of) was accosted by two dudes in Chicagp who threw a bunch of verbal insults his way, poured bleach on him (is that a 'thing'?), and then declared, "This is MAGA country!" Chicago (aka Chiraq) is MAGA country? The adopted hometown of the one and only Barack Obama? Chicago has a reputation that, if one is a victim of street crime, one should be thankful they only wake up maimed and not dead. Them boys play for real up there. Of course, Mr. Smollett made the rounds explaining his story to anyone who would listen and throw him a little pity. Now, he has been indicted for felony disturbing the peace, aka filing a false police report. It seems that evidence now shows that Smollett paid the two guys from Nigeria to act out the 'attack.'

Then we have the infamous Covington incident, where Nicholas Sandmann was shown allegedly smirking at this poor old Indian fellow and Vietnam vet who was peacefully banging away on his drum. The horror! How can anyone act that way toward an American hero? Has he no consideration for others? Is he really that racist? Oh, but wait, it turns out Sandmann was innocent. It was Mr. Phillips who approached Sandmann instead of the other way around, was actually blocking Sandmann's retreat while his alleged buddies in the background ("black Hebrews"?) were yelling racial and homophobic slurs. Now, Sandmann has a lawyer, Lin Wood, who has filed a $250,000,000.00 lawsuit (zeroes specified for emphasis) on behalf of Mr. Sandmann and his parents for damages to his reputation caused by the rabid and irresponsible 'journalism' practices of the major media proponent of the story and well-known Trump hater, the Washington Post.

Sandmann was wearing a MAGA hat, a hat containing the campaign slogan of President Donald Trump. Smollett included in his story the remark about this (Chicago) being MAGA country... it's patently obvious that both episodes were politically motivated attacks on President Trump and his supporters, both stories being specifically designed to paint anyone who supports Trump as violent in the public eye.

I see a difference here between past and present legal actions. In the past, we never heard about any actual charges being brought against anyone pulling a similar political prank. It was always about the evil Trump supporters being their characteristic evil selves. Now, we have two cases going on simultaneously where the law is being applied to those who are likely the actual guilty parties despite being in line with media agendas. I think I like this!

After all, that is what we (Trump supporters) wanted in the first place: equality under the law. A country where the guilty were subject to the law instead of the conservatives always being at fault regardless of circumstances. It's a shame we had to hire Trump to accomplish this, but hey... it is what it is. He's done a good job so far IMO. This latest group of court cases simply reinforces that opinion, as it seems that justice is again wearing her blindfold and her scales are coming back to center.

TheRedneck

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yeah. Now if we could apply the law to wealthy and connected people like ieffrey epstein.

I see our justice system as illegitimate due to their own malfeasance

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Lady Justice is blindfolded, but sometimes she has a knife in her ribs and a threat whispered in her ear too. Things look normal at first glance but from a different perspective you might get a very different picture. The rich and powerful need a good dose of their own medicine. It sounds like Trump is on track for that too. He is doing exactly what he promised he would do. No more business as usual. We had enough of that with obama.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I thought "crooked Hillary" would be in jail by now. Curious she hasn't been indited.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

While I agree completely, every journey starts with a single step. I seriously doubt there are enough jails to hold all the criminals our corrupt system has created. At least we're getting some of them off the streets, and hopefully that will be a deterrent for others.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A correction to your post.
www.washingtontimes.com...
Vietnam Veteran status of Native American at center of viral encounter in D.C. in question

Native American activist Nathan Phillips faces questions about reports that he’s a veteran of the Vietnam war. According to multiple news accounts, the activist is 64 years old, which means he would have been 18 years old in 1973, the last year any U.S. combat units were stationed in Vietnam. Mr. Phillips also claims to be a Marine veteran, although the last Marine combat units left Vietnam in 1971. A careful reading of Mr. Phillips‘ own descriptions does not make clear if he ever set foot in Vietnam. Instead, he has used much more careful language claiming he is a “Vietnam times veteran,” an ambiguous phrasing that led many media accounts to conclude he was a combat veteran. Mr. Phillips could not be reached for comment Monday.

www.redstate.com...
Nathan Phillips Is Not A Vietnam War Veteran But Does He Have A Richard Blumenthal Problem?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

HIllary deserves to be indicted on a few dozen different crimes, agreed. But then I ask you, which is more important to be stopped? One evil woman whose influence is waning, or the myriad of potential problems whose influence is growing and are in a position to cause even more corruption?

Maybe we'll get around to HIllary before she dies of natural causes, maybe we won't. If we don't, then any punishment will be in the afterlife... and I have a feeling that will be worse than anything we could do to her.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

then any punishment will be in the afterlife... and I have a feeling that will be worse than anything we could do to her.

BS! If there is a hell and great Satin, she will hold a place of honor at his right hand.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I agree.

Hillary is a vial creature deserving of our contempt, however, she is no longer the threat to the Republic she was two years ago. I am inclined to let her die a slow death, angry, alone and unpopular. Giving her attention now would only distract from more important issues that need our attention.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No, she needs to be prosecuted...

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

if there is a hell, being at the ruler's right hand just means more pain and torment. Hell is not Satan's kingdom; it is Satan's prison of torment.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What astonishes me is the number of people that still think the American system of "justice" is anywhere even close to being fair and balanced.

Isn't it obvious the US judicial system is the greatest procedure money can buy; along with the medical for profit business.

One of my neighbors was a Washington lobbyist attorney, now retired. His stories are appalling...
edit on 21-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I agree. People who do not respect the MAGA loyalty pledge should be arrested.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Now that would be something to behold, the ultimate punishment for the clintons.

satan: 'no no no hillary, it isn't time to rest yet, you have 1,242,432 meals on wheels left to deliver to the needy and elderly. Make sure you smile or else no credit'. 'After that we have a few thousand port o potties to clean and here is your tooth brush'. 'Then for our evening entertainment, you get to relive 1st hand the intimate death of everyone you killed over the years'.

hugs - satan

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What astonishes me is the number of people that still think the American system of "justice" is anywhere even close to being fair and balanced.

Isn't it obvious the US judicial system is the greatest procedure money can buy; along with the medical for profit business.

One of my neighbors was a Washington lobbyist attorney, now retired. His stories are appalling...

Quoted for absolute Truth.

Now if the voters on both sides of the aisle can get onboard with getting it fixed, then perhaps we can start moving forward again as a country.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

We may be debating fantastically created supernatural spooks, goblins and places here but I think you understand what I implied there.
If she is not held to account in the hear and now, no accounting will be administered. She will have succeeded in her treachery.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I'm curious as to what you think this mysterious pledge is.

Is it the oath required in the Constitution that our Congresscritters take?

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Or is it something else that someone dreamed up?

Please link for us this mysterious pledge that has to be a bad thing!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Now that would be something to behold, the ultimate punishment for the clintons.

satan: 'no no no hillary, it isn't time to rest yet, you have 1,242,432 meals on wheels left to deliver to the needy and elderly. Make sure you smile or else no credit'. 'After that we have a few thousand port o potties to clean and here is your tooth brush'. 'Then for our evening entertainment, you get to relive 1st hand the intimate death of everyone you killed over the years'.

hugs - satan

PPhhhttt....

Satan will give her a high five and show her around her new management position.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm curious as to what you think this mysterious pledge is. Is it the oath required in the Constitution that our Congresscritters take?

I'll help out a little here.

www.law.cornell.edu...

5 U.S. Code § 3331. Oath of office U.S. Code Notes prev | next An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services, shall take the following oath: “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.” This section does not affect other oaths required by law. (Pub. L. 89–554, Sept. 6, 1966, 80 Stat. 424.)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm glad you found agreement, but I don't think it was with me. That is the exact opposite of my position.

I know you're trying to use some perverted form of sarcasm, but it doesn't suit you. I am simply happy that for the first time in a long time, we are seeing those who were once above the law being faced with legal consequences. That is what I am celebrating: equality. Not absolution based on a hat, or a philosophy (right or left), or anything else. If someone is guilty, they are guilty and deserve the legal consequences.

What we have seen, and what you seem to regularly condone, is that certain politicians and pundits, like Hillary Clinton, can get away with any crime whatsoever as long as they do it in the name of progressive policies. In the meantime, anyone who opposes those progressive agendas is automatically assumed guilty of a crime whether one can be proven or not. If you change the word "progressive" to "conservative" in my statement above, I would be just as opposed to it. You, apparently, would change your position based on that one word, and that, sir is wrong.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join