It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal prosecutors broke law in Jeffrey Epstein case judge rules

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Now we have a Judge that says the original Jeffrey Epstein case was tainting because a Federal Prosecutor did a no-no.

Smells eerily like the Clintons had a hand in some kind of "rearrangement" of prosecution" 😎

All coming out in the wash.

Oh, and the prosecutor at the time is the current U.S. Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta (an outed RINO) 😀

Federal prosecutors broke law in Jeffrey Epstein case, judge rules

A judge ruled Thursday that federal prosecutors — among them, U.S. Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta — broke federal law when they signed a plea agreement with a wealthy, politically connected sex trafficker and concealed it from more than 30 of his underage victims.

U.S. District Judge Kenneth A. Marra, in a 33-page opinion, said that the evidence he reviewed showed that Jeffrey Epstein had been operating an international sex operation in which he and others recruited underage girls — not only in Florida — but from overseas, in violation of federal law.

“Epstein used paid employees to find and bring minor girls to him.,’’ wrote Marra, who is based in Palm Beach County. “Epstein worked in concert with others to obtain minors not only for his own sexual gratification, but also for the sexual gratification of others.’’

Instead of prosecuting Epstein under federal sex trafficking laws, Acosta, then the U.S. attorney in Miami, helped negotiate a non-prosecution agreement that gave Epstein and his co-conspirators immunity from federal prosecution. Epstein, who lived in a Palm Beach mansion, was allowed to quietly plead guilty in state court to two prostitution charges and served just 13 months in the county jail. His accomplices, some of whom have never been identified, were never charged.

"RINOs be everywhere !!"

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

edit on 2212019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Your best post ever.

To the OP, be nice if that sleazebag Epstein gets a retrial... or 30.

Acosta is a pretty big scumbag as well... hopefully he will do some time.

Win/Win!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Epstein has connections to a lot of very high-profile people in government and business. You wouldn't believe the names of some of his clients receiving underage sex services.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm in shock. Do we dare believe it?

Where does it go from here? What recourse is there? Can the entire deal from hell be declared null and void and begun from scratch? Including the investigation?

I'm not necessarily asking you... just thinking out loud.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure if Epstein goes down, the whole Clinton machine goes down too, this is why he was protected at the rate he was...

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
You wouldn't believe the names of some of his clients receiving underage sex services.

I bet I would...

This guy needs to be behind bars for life. And preferably neutered for good measure.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

So Trump's Labour Secretary is caught breaking the law to help Epstien and somehow its the Clinton's to blame, I'm no fan of Trump nor the Clintons, I didn't want either of them to win your election, but credit where credit's due here, its closer to Trump's doorstep than Clinton's.

Wasn't there talk of Trump being at Epstien's parties too?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Trump has been very successful placing people in the Sun.Light to expose past performance and corruption 😎

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Where does it go from here? What recourse is there? Can the entire deal from hell be declared null and void and begun from scratch? Including the investigation?

I am in shock too. Would this not be considered double jeopardy at this point or only regarding the 2 prostitution charges he specifically admitted to? Is it possible, to finally have justice?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Don’t forget Dershowitz...

He sat down across the table from prosecutors to “hammer out a deal” despite not being a barred attorney in Florida...

The esteemed former Harvard law professor was later implicated as a fellow pedophile by one of Epstein’s recruiters(an Australian if memory serves)

Dershowitz’s deal coincidentally included a caveat that none of Epstein’s associates [friends/clients] would be implicated nor pursued as criminals....

I still can’t believe Dershowitz gets so much acclaim from both sides of the aisle despite being a morally bereft [alleged] pedophile...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I am in shock too. Would this not be considered double jeopardy at this point or only regarding the 2 prostitution charges he specifically admitted to?

I really don't know. In theory, it would only be double jeopardy if they tried him again on those 2 charges he copped to. But it might depend on the specifics of the plea deal. Could they say, "If you plead guilty to these charges, then we will not pursue any other charges related to this investigation."

In which case, or a similar situation, I would like to think where there's a will there's a way. For example, presuming the initial investigation was half assed at best, it might be pretty easy for new investigators to develop new information and crimes...

I hope someone who does know chimes in.

Is it possible, to finally have justice?

It's gotta be possible... I have to believe it's possible. Maybe we just need the right people for the job. Maybe that time is now. We have to hope.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Instead of prosecuting Epstein under federal sex trafficking laws, Acosta, then the U.S. attorney in Miami, helped negotiate a non-prosecution agreement that gave Epstein and his co-conspirators immunity from federal prosecution.

I will wait very patiently for anyone, absolutely anyone at all, to come forth and defend this.

Anyone at all.

It does seem that the Trump administration is having a trickle down effect regarding revelations of political chicanery. I am glad for my American brothers and sisters, they have been needing the truth for a long time.

Now could you guys help us out to do the same? Please? Just suggest a politician with a bloody idea!!!

edit on 21-2-2019 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
I'm pretty sure if Epstein goes down, the whole Clinton machine goes down too, this is why he was protected at the rate he was...

(Fondly remembering the potencial First Gentleman); Clinton made 16 (?) trips to 'Pedophile Island' on Epsteins private jet. I wonder if he got any quality sun, food or gardening tips while there?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Debunked and rated a Democrat smear hoax long ago 😎

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So Trump's Labour Secretary is caught breaking the law to help Epstien and somehow its the Clinton's to blame, I'm no fan of Trump nor the Clintons, I didn't want either of them to win your election, but credit where credit's due here, its closer to Trump's doorstep than Clinton's.

As far as I recall...Trump never was recorded as flying to the island unlike many others. He apparently only flew on Epsteins plane domestically one time when he was in dire need to have access to a plane.

It is definitely closer to the Clinton's vs Trump when it comes to Epstein.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hmmmm...interesting.

Who was the FBI director investigating Epstien for 11 months? 🤔

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Boadicea

I am in shock too. Would this not be considered double jeopardy at this point or only regarding the 2 prostitution charges he specifically admitted to? Is it possible, to finally have justice?

I would argue that double jeopardy shouldn't apply because he was never in any real jeopardy to begin with. It's as if a mob boss bribed the jury to acquit him. The original proceedings have been proven to be a sham, and should be disregarded. If Epstein is convicted, go ahead and give him credit for the (pretty trivial) sentence he served, but don't let him slide.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

which is why he will be suicided soon....dead men tell no tales.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

As far as I recall...Trump never was recorded as flying to the island unlike many others. He apparently only flew on Epsteins plane domestically one time when he was in dire need to have access to a plane.

It is definitely closer to the Clinton's vs Trump when it comes to Epstein.

Also, Trump had Epstein banned from Mar-a-Lago after Epstein tried to seduce a member's underage daughter.

BTW, did you know Stephen Hawking was one of the celebs who went to Epstein's pedo island? Given that he was paralyzed, I honestly wonder what he did there. Unless the conspiracy theory is true and the real Stephen Hawking died in the 1970's and was replaced with someone else.
edit on 21-2-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join