It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replies and Quoting mixed up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am curious if ATS is currently having technical issues with their reply and quote features? Or is it just me? Has anyone noticed that after posting a reply or quote that the links actually go and notify a completely different poster than you intended!?!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ABDfixer

I feel todays world is also in need of something different

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't know if it's technical, but I have noticed some folks have issues using the quote button (myself included)...

edit on 21-2-2019 by Gandalf77 because: typo

edit on 21-2-2019 by Gandalf77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
This is a long-standing thing. It happens occasionally. I did a thread about it once, after clicking on reply links and discovering that the reply had been made to somebody else's post.
It may be related to the quirk by which one clicks on a link which ought to take you to the bottom of the page, and it takes you instead to the top of the next page (which may be a blank).

yes, here we are; Where did those replies go?

edit on 21-2-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
This is a long-standing thing. It happens occasionally. I did a thread about it once, after clicking on reply links and discovering that the reply had been made to somebody else's post.
It may be related to the quirk by which one clicks on a link which ought to take you to the bottom of the page, and it takes you instead to the top of the next page (which may be a blank).

yes, here we are; Where did those replies go?

Thank you...it. May be that I just realized in 2 separate threads if I or anyone else created a reply response and you click on the link poster in an attempt to understand the posted response it would show someone else's post and thus seem meaningless or confusing.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: ABDfixer

I feel todays world is also in need of something different

Totally cool that I seem to have an alternate avatar called ABDfixer now too!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Thank you...it. May be that I just realized in 2 separate threads if I or anyone else created a reply response and you click on the link poster in an attempt to understand the posted response it would show someone else's post and thus seem meaningless or confusing.

In fact you may have discovered an additional quirk to the one I was describing.
My thread was about the quirky action of the "see replies to your threads" link at the top of the page. Sometimes people complain that this link doesn't show up all the replies that should be there, and I thought I had discovered a reason.
I didn't realise that you were talking about clicking direct from the response post. Since I don't normally bother, I hadn't discovered that quirk for myself.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I don't need to too often, but when I first discovered I needed too to try and understand a whole page of reply posts by one individual I wrongly thought they were doing something wrong. I did find when I posted my reply did the same thing...even the quote links were not right...though thankfully with quotes...the original post is shared.

I began to explore other posts links on different threads and discovered it was occurring everywhere...I just did not know if it was me experiencing this quirkiness or if others were seeing the same disconnect too?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It might help if you gave a specific example where something is not working as you think it should so we can look at it. Without that it's hard to follow what you think the problem is exactly. The problems I've had are typically user error, meaning I did something wrong, but fortunately we get a little time to edit our posts and fix it.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
It might help if you gave a specific example where something is not working as you think it should so we can look at it. Without that it's hard to follow what you think the problem is exactly. The problems I've had are typically user error, meaning I did something wrong, but fortunately we get a little time to edit our posts and fix it.
Personally, today on 3 occasions using the quote function the quote did not show up at all and my reply showed up in the quote box. Let's see if it happens this time.
edit on 2/22/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Nope. Worked fine this time.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Personally, today on 3 occasions using the quote function the quote did not show up at all and my reply showed up in the quote box. Let's see if it happens this time.
Oh yes, that's definitely some kind of intermittent bug, usually it works but sometimes exactly what you said happens. Sometimes it's just really slow and it shows up after a long time, sometimes it never shows up and I have to re-load the page and try again, then it usually works.

But that doesn't sound anything like "Has anyone noticed that after posting a reply or quote that the links actually go and notify a completely different poster than you intended!?! ", I've never seen that happen, unless as I said it's user error meaning my mistake. Sometimes when you quote a post you get a bunch of nested quotes that don't show up anyway and I try to do some editing to minimize the clutter and it's not too hard to make a mistake when doing that.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It's the "27 thru 31 minute tik-tok" syndrome 😎

top topics

join