It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth may be 140 years away from reaching carbon levels not seen in 56 million years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Nut-uh BRAWNDOs got what plants crave. It's Got Electrolytes.

I'm not sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
a reply to: airforce47

140 years we're all gonna be dead!!! and it's because of CO2!!!!

Damn you SodaStream damn you to hell.

SodaStream.

Invented by Jews.

Jews destroying the world confirmed.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

That article was big on scare factor but short on actual numbers. CO2 is something like 400 parts per million at the moment. If one grows plants indoors and increases the CO2 level artificially by a factor of six the plants have a larger yield, by as much as 30%.

I say nay to scaremongers.

Somebody is growing something ........lol.

Only one type of indoor growers that I know of who are concerned with CO2 levels.

You've never been in a greenhouse that grows plants and flowers for sale? Because they do it all the time. My aunt's sister runs a greenhouse and they pump loads of co2 in to make the flowers and shrubs bugger and bushier than normal.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This should help improve crop yields. Plants need more CO2.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

That article was big on scare factor but short on actual numbers. CO2 is something like 400 parts per million at the moment. If one grows plants indoors and increases the CO2 level artificially by a factor of six the plants have a larger yield, by as much as 30%.

I say nay to scaremongers.

Somebody is growing something ........lol.

Only one type of indoor growers that I know of who are concerned with CO2 levels.

Tomato Growers?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Better tell DiCaprio, so he can sell his giant yacht and not fly in a private jet to Climate summits anymore.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Look at it another way, think like Lex Luthor do your homework and find out were the beach front property is going to be then buy it up while it is cheap and make a legacy for your descendant's.

And another, ever heard of Snow Ball earth theory, no?, well it's this theory that is gaining traction that the earth was like the planet hoth from the empire strikes back with even it's ocean's frozen over in a period of several mega ice ages that may have frozen even to the equator, this would have started about 2.2 or 2.3 billion years ago and only come to a close - we hope - about 750 million years ago but may have had several warmer period during this long epoch during which life may have had several starts to multiply and advance only to then become extinct again when the global ice age returned.

Of course it is just a theory?.

So no polar cap's, temperatures at high altitude and also at the south pole becoming more habitable, low lying land were almost all of our current civilization is based being submerged and creating shallow sea's that are conducive to warm water organism's and aquatic animal's such as at the time of the dinosaurs.
Probably mass famine and an extinction level event that could cut population in many parts of the world - but we are adaptable - city's on stilt's built up over there old ruin's, huge sea wall's around them and massive fisheries reseeding our world's oceans but with the problem that a lot of toxic waste from out period in time will then leach out into the ocean's that will then cover the places were we buried it?.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Date: February 20, 2019 Source: American Geophysical Union Summary: Total human carbon dioxide emissions could match those of Earth's last major greenhouse warming event in fewer than five generations, new research finds. A new study finds humans are pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere at a rate nine to 10 times higher than the greenhouse gas was emitted during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM), a global warming event that occurred roughly 56 million years ago.

Sounds like fear mongering.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
I'm posting this here because the cure will require geoengineering. I've watched the subject for a number of years and this is some of the best data now being put out. It will effect not only my grandchildren but my great grandchildren as medical science pushes out the limit of our lifetimes. It's about as direct a warning as we can receive regarding Earth's future at this point in time and we should pay attention and begin to lay serious plans to fix it. My best,

Date: February 20, 2019 Source: American Geophysical Union Summary: Total human carbon dioxide emissions could match those of Earth's last major greenhouse warming event in fewer than five generations, new research finds. A new study finds humans are pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere at a rate nine to 10 times higher than the greenhouse gas was emitted during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM), a global warming event that occurred roughly 56 million years ago.

Carbon Dioxide Levels Not Seen In 56 Million Years

Wonderful news, because we are only about 10 years away from stopping Co2 production altogether!

This means we are 120 years ahead of the curve!

Go humanz!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Wonderful news, because we are only about 10 years away from stopping Co2 production altogether!
This means we are 120 years ahead of the curve! Go humanz!!!

Bye Bye Oxygen by product= bye bye Humans zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
edit on 21-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Good point though perhaps with bio engineering even though I am very dubious of that it may be possible to reseed the ocean's with genetically modified plankton that will be able to tolerate the new climate and so keep the world's food chain intact, new strain's of food to cope with new condition's etc.
Though like I say tinkering directly with natures balance could actually also be very dangerous as if we tip the scales too far then we have too much of one which can adversely affect the other leading to a cure becoming a problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Jonjonj
This means we are 120 years ahead of the curve! Go humanz!!!

Bye Bye Oxygen by product= bye bye Humans zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Wait, what? Should we turn C02 production up or down...I am confused.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Why should I care about the future? Will the future care about me?

Am I salty over the way people before me in the 20th century lived?

If they wouldn't have had their stupid wars, the levels would be lower etc.

I never hear anyone say that.

edit on 2/21/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

In fact this is what pisses people off the most.

If there really is a problem then let's implement the damned solutions.

Instead they want to tax things indefinitely and at confiscatory levels and call it environmentalism.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I have posted this before, and I will post it again. If we truly wanted to combat CO2 emissions, we would be cutting down all of the forests.

That sounds really counter intuitive doesn't it? However it is not. Old growth forests are carbon neutral, and have no impact on removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. It is only in the stages of growth that forests take in more CO2 than they produce, as trees and plants in general use the carbon in carbon dioxide to create both lignin and cellulose as they grow. Because of this the American agricultural regions are the biggest man made carbon sinks in the world. Until people realize this there is no fighting carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere, and the fact that nobody points to this makes the assumption that carbon dioxide as a problem are dubious.

So if you want to actually fight carbon dioxide, start using paper more, and NOT recycling it. No paper in the US is sourced from virgin forests and it is all farm grown. If we want to take this a step further cut down all the forests and plant new trees and turn the cut trees into a commodity, or simply bury the cut down trees in the ground. No need for ridiculous mechanisms or research required. This is even further proof that nobody, even those that espouse the CO2 problem are taking it seriously, because the simplest none economically punishing method is also the best. That it is not approached in this fashion tells me it is all scatology.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
I'm posting this here because the cure will require geoengineering. I've watched the subject for a number of years and this is some of the best data now being put out. It will effect not only my grandchildren but my great grandchildren as medical science pushes out the limit of our lifetimes. It's about as direct a warning as we can receive regarding Earth's future at this point in time and we should pay attention and begin to lay serious plans to fix it. My best,

Carbon Dioxide Levels Not Seen In 56 Million Years

Is this supposed to frighten us?

Are we supposed to get all worked up over this??

it wasn't that long ago that scientist claim the earth core was a solid ball.

How could they claim that when the deepest hole that has, even to this day, ever been drilled, has failed to even penetrate the earths crust?????

Gimmie a reason what I should get all worked up over this claim????

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

And humans had nothing to do with it. These cycles have been going on for longer than humans have been a part of the picture

Can you explain what is causing the current change?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

Co2..It's got what plants crave.

As well as water and nutrients

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

And in 140 years it won't matter because we all will be dead by then...

But "indifference" now to the issues our g-g-grand children will be facing without us doing something now is the real tragedy....
edit on 22-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
*dbl post rmvd by me
edit on 22-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join