It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cory Booker : Meat Genocider

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I see your point, and maybe I'm a little bias as a vegan. A lot of factory farming isn't ethical in my opinion, and would it be bad if meat prices went up because higher ethical standards would be put in place?

I'm not sure. On one side I say yes because anything to prevent the torture of animals should be done. And on the other side, I say no because people should be making those decisions by what they buy at the store.

Then again, should animals suffer while we wait for a majority of humanity to get on the ethical side of animal treatment?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentSaturn

Then again, should animals suffer while we wait for a majority of humanity to get on the ethical side of animal treatment?

Should abortions continue while we wait for a majority of humanity to get on the ethical side of child treatment?

Rhetorical, of course.

But if we're talking ethics. . . . .

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Vegans are the worst kind of asshats because they can’t keep their beliefs to themselves. If they would just do whatever makes them happy no one would have a problem with them, but they don’t know how to leave others alone.

The fact that MOST vegans tend to be liberals means that these morons have a problem with eating unferilized eggs from a chicken, but no problem killing fertilized human babies. Their cognitive dissonance is astounding.
edit on 2019/2/21 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Touche

However, I don't wish to delve into abortion rights. That's a topic that will apparently never get solved. In my opinion, treating animals with respect is an easier equation to solve.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Touche

However, I don't wish to delve into abortion rights. That's a topic that will apparently never get solved. In my opinion, treating animals with respect is an easier equation to solve.

*Shakes head, laughs softly and walks away. . . . . *

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I see your point, and maybe I'm a little bias as a vegan. A lot of factory farming isn't ethical in my opinion, and would it be bad if meat prices went up because higher ethical standards would be put in place?

Yes, for my family that would be bad. Look, you can't legislate based off of ethics/morality. I say that because, if you start that, it's a damn slippery slope. YOUR ethics are opposed to factory farming and treatment of animals, what about the ethics of the 37% of Americans who say abortion should be illegal, or the whatever percentage of Americans who think homosexuality is immoral/unethical and should be legislated against, or the percentage of American who believe tax payer funded welfare unethically makes other's cost of living the responsibility of the working man, or the percentage of Americans who believe it is unethical to allow non-land owners to vote on property tax proposals? We have laws, laws which are not governed by ethics or morality alone, but which are weighed against the Constitution's position on individual Rights.

If you're opposed to the treatment of animals in food production, don't eat it and leave it at that. If it is truly an ethics/morality issue, then those of us who don't have personal hang ups over it and eat meat will pay the ultimate price at the end of this life and it isn't your concern. My hunting, fishing, and eating habits do not impact your Rights in any way... all I (we) ask in return is that you ethical vegans do the same and worry about your own while leaving us the hell alone.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Wow.. So now I'm a moron, and apparently a die-hard liberal who loves killin' babies!

I rarely bring up my diet unless it's about animal rights. Bringing up beliefs? That all comes down to personality. Some talk about Jesus' all day, and some people you will never know they are deeply religious..

Not sure why you're condensing people into mental boxes then spewing out that toxic stereotype on the internet. Take a chill pill..

edit on 21-2-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I get your point, I just don't see this stereotype of "pestering vegans" that you and Metallicus mention. Me and any vegans I met, do not pester people in real life. The only "pestering" I know of, are forums, articles, internet videos, and the occasional protest of some ad-gag factory farms.

All content that people choose to click on (besides the occasional protest).

Also, I get it's a slippery slope and that's why I'm not sure the gov. should regulate more. However, I would ideally like to see more free-range farms and less terrible conditions.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This thread is just (another) proof of the real story of what vegans deal with. Look at any thread on ATS where being vegan has been brought up. Look at all the defensive lashing out. Pathetic. As a vegan of almost 30 years it's been a constant flow of meat eaters inserting themselves and getting all defensive and argumentative (just at the mere mention of the word). Not the other way around. Not trying to push my diet on anyone. It's pretty obvious to see who's doing the real attacking while at the same time crying 'victim' status.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Touche

*Shakes head, laughs softly and walks away. . . . . *

Okay, I take that back. Neither issue will be solved in our lifetimes.
edit on 21-2-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Shhh, facts are just going to confuse them. And don’t get started on deer populations of the mid to late 1800’s to today.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentSaturn

I'm a sportsman, I hunt and I fish. 90% of my negative interactions with militant vegans have centered around them trying to white knight all the fuzzy critters of the world and block, protest, change, restrict hunting and fishing opportunities in the western US. If someone thinks hunting is cruel, then they shouldn't go hunting. STFU and move on, don't try to hose those who don't share your viewpoints (I'm using "your" as a generalization here, not suggesting you have personally crusaded against sportsmen.) At the end of my day, I honestly don't give a rat's ass how repulsed, ethically challenged, or personally offended anyone is by my personal choices and actions. I'm me, you're you, keep it that way and butt out of things that don't directly impact you. The "my soul is crying crowd" can essentially shove it because we don't live in a world where pain in someone's soul is grounds to impact the lives and enjoyment of others within the confines of the law.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
And Michelle Obama just wanted all the kids in the schools to eat healthy too. So much so that she got regulations enforced that forced all of them to eat what she wanted them too.

That's the problem with what Booker has said.

For all that Obama "just said things" while he was campaigning and he "didn't really mean it" according to others here who "knew better" ... he sure did his best to find ways to make those things happen and make our lives miserable. I see no reason to trust that Booker won't do likewise like any other of the micro-totalitarians running.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I will admit I like bison over bovine hands down. Thick and meaty is soo good to eaty

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
I will admit I like bison over bovine hands down. Thick and meaty is soo good to eaty

One of the best ribeyes I ever ate was a Bison ribeye.

Insanely good!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Well, hunting is probably the most ethical way you can eat your meat. I'm mostly against inhuman farming practices.

<< 1   >>

join