It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cory Booker : Meat Genocider

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
EDIT : This is about reactions to Cory Booker's vegan diet. I am not here to promote him as a politician or potential president. This OP is also not about convincing anyone to become vegan or condemn anyone who eats meat.

There has been a few people in the news who are spreading this nonsense that cory booker is going to take away people's meat if he becomes president. Here are some examples:

The daily show segment shows clips at 4:55 +

“I don’t even understand how this is on the news. I say if Cory Booker wants to be a vegan president, he should go for it,” -Trevor Noah.

It's not just tv hosts that are bashing Cory for his diet, but even so called "jouranlists" as well.

In this LINK, the New York Post spreads baseless opinions.
In this article it references cory booker's interview with VegNews.

"Sen. Cory Booker wants to wage war on . . . meat and dairy." - Ny Post

"So, legislatively, I want to continue to be a part of a movement of folk who are fighting against corporate interests that are undermining the public good and the public welfare."-Cory Booker.

"So, I’m going to continue supporting bills that are about public health, whether it is pumping in all these antibiotics into animals that are literally threatening the safety of Americans" -Cory Booker

Yea, Ny Post, Cory wants to wage war on your steak dinner. That's why he is talking about meat health safety and conditions..

"And, yes, technology can handle the environmental impact of “the industrial animal agriculture industry.”-Ny Post

"The tragic reality is this planet simply can’t sustain billions of people consuming industrially produced animal agriculture because of environmental impact."-Cory Booker

I just don't understand the knee-jerk uninformed reactions to people who are vegan. It's almost like the scene in idiocracy. Cory Booker is trying to explain his opinion logically and reasonably. And instead of responding with a rational rebuttal, it is "he wants our meat, get him!".

edit on 21-2-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wow, we're impressed that you're vegan. Trevor Noah backing you up makes it even more pathetic. That fool should be tard-wrangled.

Booker's just another lying, hypocritical polititian. An absolute by-the-book, establishment politician.
Look at how much he's taken from big pharma. When he was called out on it, he changed his tune and said he'll fight for fair drug pricing in the U.S.

Booker and Big Pharma
edit on 21-2-2019 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Democrats claim their votes were driven by drug-safety concerns, since all 13 voted to lower drug safety standards when they supported the 21st Century Cures Act.

Hmm.. Yea, that doesn't sound good. So you think he's all show when it comes to fighting corporate interests?

I never researched the guy, and was mainly commenting about the weird responses to his diet. I'm not an advocate for Cory Booker, my post is just concerning the vegan thing.

Wow, we're impressed that you're vegan. Trevor Noah backing you up makes it even more pathetic. That fool should be tard-wrangled.

Trevor Noah was mainly used to show all the crazy reactions to being vegan. Backing me up? (Sarcastically) impressed? Pathetic?

Um.. Why respond if you're just going to start out by insulting me?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentSaturn

I just don't understand the knee-jerk uninformed reactions to people who are vegan.

Probably because vegans usually come off as self-important asshats belonging to some sort of food cult.

Nobody cares what you eat. Live on Tide pods if that's what you want to do.

So stop caring about what everyone else eats.

Seems fair to me...

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I just don't understand the knee-jerk uninformed reactions to people who are vegan.

Probably because vegans usually come off as self-important asshats belonging to some sort of food cult.

Nobody cares what you eat. Live on Tide pods if that's what you want to do.

So stop caring about what everyone else eats.

Seems fair to me...

That's what my post was about... Did you read it? It was the knee-jerk reactions to Cory Booker saying he was vegan.. People saying Cory wants to come after your meat.

Did I ask you to stop eating meat? Or did I tell you how important I am?

If nobody cares what vegans eat, then why the reactions as described in the OP?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Booker did attack meat and dairy.

As his diet is more important than anyone elses.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The reason people were saying that is because Cory said that meat was unsustainable as part of our diets. The implication of that remark is that Cory Booker is going to come after our meat and not be content to simply be the vegan president. The other part of people saying that comes from Cory's endorsement of AOC's Green New Deal and part of that wants to get rid of cows because they fart too much methane. So again, Cory is coming for our meat.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

He also said that he can't eat eggs because they just didn't square with his soul spiritually or some nonsense. Of course, egg are not fertilized, and the man is all fine and dandy with abortion laws like the one in New York.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
Booker did attack meat and dairy.
As his diet is more important than anyone elses.

Explain. I do not see talking about the meat and dairy industries as an "attack" on meat and dairy as a whole.

Also, I do not think being of the opinion that dairy or meat is unhealthy, is an attack on other's freedom's to eat those foods.

link   

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Try READING.
www.dailywire.com...

"The tragic reality is this planet simply can't sustain billions of people consuming industrially produced animal agriculture because of environmental impact," he said. "It's just not possible." Booker says the "devastating impact" of greenhouse gases produced by the meat industry is "just not practical."

Booker co-introduced the Green New Deal, which had its own problems with cows. He stated:

Climate change is a pressing and serious environmental and economic crisis that threatens the way of life for our kids and grandkids. This challenge must be met with a commitment from the federal government that is commensurate with the level of commitment we saw in this country during the original New Deal. And that’s exactly the type of determination this proposal brings. Communities of color, low income communities, indigenous communities and our family farmers are on the front lines of climate change, and I’m particularly encouraged that this blueprint addresses climate change in a way that promotes both economic and environmental justice.”

Beef and dairy producers have spent BILLIONS in infrastructure to deal with animal waste.

edit on 21-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

He also said that he can't eat eggs because they just didn't square with his soul spiritually or some nonsense. Of course, egg are not fertilized, and the man is all fine and dandy with abortion laws like the one in New York.

The egg thing was a little weird.

Abortion? What does that have to do with the vegan topic?

Also, during the egg thing, booker said he doesn't want to regulate your diet.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

How is being concerned of the factory farming industries an attack on your ability to eat meat?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Gosh, I will ask again do buffalos have magic farts that bovines don't? In the 1800 there were more bison in North America than cows now. Do bison have magic farts?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I see your edit, but I'm sorry.

In this case, you cannot discuss one without the other. The reason why Cory Booker is being scoffed at is because he made his veganism a part of the campaign trail and linked it to his politics.

If he ends up being a presidential candidate and one of two, his policy positions will be under scrutiny and his veganism has been used by him as justification for some of those positions.

link   

It's none of his GD business quite frankly.

Not alot of 'factory farming' in New Jersey.

link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
Gosh, I will ask again do buffalos have magic farts that bovines don't? In the 1800 there were more bison in North America than cows now. Do bison have magic farts?

I believe they share the ability of wildebeest to fart rainbows like unicorns.

link   

Uh, Booker's own words are why he's getting teed off on, not his personal dietary choices.
vegnews.com...
He's sending a mixed message in that interview to a lot of people. Yeah, he talks about how Americans choices must always be protected and arepersonal, but then he dips into policies which would essentially make those choices more expensive and more difficult if said choices don't align with his vision of ethical veganism. That's some dicey ground. Corey Booker can eat whatever he wishes to, I honestly do not care... but when he starts in on the "sustainability" thing and "Americans will have to change their diets because the third world wants to eat meat now, too" then he's kicking a hornet's nest.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I see your point. Using his diet as a way to look nice and shiny. I don't know much about him besides this vegan thing.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Welcome to politics, where everything you say will be used against you. Cory Booker should be proud this is the talking point right now and stop being a whiner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join