It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

48 Hours Till Total Financial Collapse - Scenario

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
a reply to: MisterSpock

Why is there this immediate and almost irrevocable association between economy and society? An economic collapse need not be the end of the world in a functional society- economics is just supposed to manage the allocation of resources while a society is about how people function as a group.

Your point is interesting because remember when Greece's economy tanked? The people resorted to the barter system.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I don't remember, actually- I've actively been an ostrich as far as politics is concerned.

That is heartening to hear, however, and is exactly the sort of move i would seek to play t within people's minds to do should I have the knowledge proposed in OP.

It's like, society is itself the highest aim because everything is, ultimately, about interactions between people- economics, politics etc are merely expedients meant to relieve the stress of actually having to do things on the part of the majority of said people... Which, in actuality has become this barrier that people think can't be crossed because now they're these entities which govern our interactions, instead of the other way around...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join