It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

48 Hours Till Total Financial Collapse - Scenario

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So you're given a glimpse into the future by 48 hours, by a time portal. You see everything that is going to happen to you, in the next 48 hours, but it doesn't sink in, until after the vision. Minutes after the vision things are unfolding exactly the way you've been shown.

You see that everything related to Fiat currency becomes worthless 24 hours later, and anything related to any world currency.

Because of the financial chaos, all businesses that issued stocks declare them null-n-void. 401k's disappear overnight.

Do you spend all your money somehow?

Do you buy gold and silver?

Do you bug-out to a more rural area?

Stock up on food and supplies?

Pay the house off?

Anything goes folks, even leasing your dream car, camper, and maxing out credit.

What's your next step?

edit on 21-2-2019 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Buy the best ax, knife and tent at my nearby hardware store. Research and print out all the edible plants in my area, or if it is winter I drive as close to the equator as I can in those 48 hours and research the local edible plants in that area. It would be an area as rural and isolated as possible.

Then real life begins I suppose.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
48 hours to max out all the credit cards on food, fuel, ammo, camping supplies.

All the shelves would be stocked, because there wouldn't be a large run on anything.

It would be a walk in the park.

ETA: I'd go buy a new truck too, need a nice rig to haul all the stuff into the middle of nowhere.
edit on 21-2-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Take all monies I have and buy a ton of alcohol and bullets for barter.

Purchase 1.200 gallons of diesel.

Wipe out my local pharmacy.

Everything else is already done, so go home and hunker in.

I'm off-grid, have a massive garden, an orchard, berry patches, plenty of wildlife and canning supplies for a decade.

I have two springs on the property, exactly six people live within a mile from me.

4 of them are retired Vets... one is a doctor, his wife is a nurse.

SoOo... pop the top on a bottle of my wine, turn the news on and watch the world burn.

edit on 21-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Remove all funds from my accounts that I can and convert to cash, buy some additional supplies that I don't have on hand. Get my stuff together and bug out. I wouldn't want to leave a paper trail of what was purchased, can't have them coming after me because I bought X amount of additional ammo or food.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Get on a plane to Paris. Starving to death in France seems a bit more romantic than Omaha.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Get on a plane to Paris. Starving to death in France seems a bit more romantic than Omaha.

Yes, no place like a large city during an economic collapse.

Sorry to ruin your dream of starving, but you'd be killed long before you got a chance to starve.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Good thinking regarding learning edibles in nature --medicinals and fermentables etc...are to be included. Gathering and firing clay, basic framing, how to boil down salt and filter water, all these thing take years to learn, I suggest you get started now. With a lifetime of studying, wildcrafting, more than 25 years practicing herbal medicine....its going to take much longer than 48 hours to learn how to identify plants in the wild, particulary given the books dont teach what experience does.

For instance, seasons...a picture of ginseng shows you a flowering or fruiting top, which both occur at different times, and the root is harvested in the late fall, how will your book find it? You need to learn companion plants, animal signs, soil, grade, water...

Great idea, but as I just indicated, ua better not wait to begin your study.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'd spend the first hours trying to convince family and friends that I'm not crazy, then yea max out my survival gear purchases get a good 4wd truck with as much gas as I could get, and head to my bug out spot and hunker down. Then see how the wind blows and be ready to do a fade to spot number 2. Timing would be everything though if it's spring or early summer got a good chance of making it through the winter. If it's late fall early winter going to be grabbing different stuff and doing it on a wing and prayer ain't gonna be fun from day one. As long as it doesnt go nuclear or biological I'd likely survive longer than most.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My next step would be to analyze the vision I received. Surely, my next steps would all be thusly contained- including my desire to ameliorate the descent into chaos as much as I could; by reaching for as many platforms as are within my grasp to speak from. Using this knowledge, I'd improve my efforts, refining the speech I had "already" given" using my knowledge of what I had already tried to do a better job at getting as many people as I could to remember that community is the highest aim and that we don't have to bugger off simply because Fiat currency is destroyed- I'd do my best to present it as the wonderful opportunity it could be and to be the guiding force necessary to make it so.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

What you don't know is everyone had the same Vision so everyone spends all the money and brings about the collapse themselves!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
double post
edit on 2/21/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If no one else knew what was coming, I'd spend the first half day buying supplies and figuring out where I can go to bug out. I'd stock up on food, water, ammo, gas, etc.

The big problem is figuring out where to run to escape the collapse.

I love SHTF stories. I had an idea for one similar where instantaneously all money disappears. Since most money is just 0s and 1s now, some virus literally wipes out every bank account down to zero. There is no electronic money anywhere in the world. No record of who had what unless it was written on paper somewhere...

Think about the chaos that would occur under that scenario.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
build a wall
I think that would be a good first move and then a pool the best god dam pool for the situation

I dont think any approaches will matter, the vast majority of people will meet their ultimate doom when they cant get an overpriced coffee from their favorite corporation, the bigger worry would be who gets to rebuild society, I guess that would be who ever is the biggest and baddest and most well armed.

All hail this guy

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Now that Piccolo Pete's, Bohemian Cafe and the Indian restaurant in the Old Market are closed, Paris does sound better.

I haven't been to Omaha in a long time but when we would go back to visit, those were three must hit restaurants.

As for what I would do in a SHTF situation? I'm not really sure to be honest. I live in the biggest city of a very large and low populated state with plenty of back country to survive in. I suppose I would take what I could pack with me and head up into the mountains for a while.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I would call upon the spirits to reverse future events but this time add positivity, peace and love as well as molding the future into a moneyless system, where one's abilities and merits are valued and rewarded.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Why not just call for a peaceful transition into said moneyless system?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I would call upon the spirits to reverse future events but this time add positivity, peace and love as well as molding the future into a moneyless system, where one's abilities and merits are valued and rewarded.

I like the way you think. The one thing that escapes most, working together. You could make it alone, but to what end? I have the best tool one can have, a brain that has already mapped out all I need right where I am. Think ahead and never be behind. Besides, I have a pet chicken that gives me an egg everyday!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Buy a gun.

When people see the smoke rising from your chimney in winter, they will know you have shelter, provisions and perhaps food and come looking for you. Won't be hard to find you.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: olaru12

Yes, no place like a large city during an economic collapse.

Sorry to ruin your dream of starving, but you'd be killed long before you got a chance to starve.

You could be right,, but hunkering down in mortal fear doesn't appeal to me.

With my previous lifestyle, i'm blessed to have lasted this long....

edit on 21-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join