It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollet Arrested and Charged

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Great job! Now time to throw the book at this racist POS! Another win for the good guys!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Funny thing,
A somewhat political thread yesterday was somehow blaming CNN and the like for Smollett NOTbeing dealt with and ignoring the story.

Later last night CNN and BBC were amongst the first to report his arrest.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That's because once they are sure that they have exhausted all avenues of distortion and "spin", their only option left is to "get out in front" of the story and leave the BS far behind in an attempt to look unbiased.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Maxine Waters backs losers, every single time.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Now Trump needs to Pardon him. That would make some liberal Racist heads surely explode.

I wonder if anyone has declined a Presidential pardon?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Good. I don't know anyone that disagrees with this outcome. Even Sharpton said he should be given the harshest punishment possible.

Yeah, NOW you're all saying that...

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I've felt that way from the outset, as have a lot of other black and LGBT people. The story was always fishy, but we all find ourselves at least teetering towards one side of the fence in accordance with our personal biases.

Though I'm not American, I do ardently believe in the rule of law in accordance with the current system. If Smollett is found guilty beyond reasonable doubt, then yes - he should face the consequences to the fullest extent that the law can provide. This is potentially a most sickening exploitation of everything that civil rights and social justice movements stand for. The commodification of justice is possibly the most disgusting perversion of said justice imaginable. Worst of all, it has further delegitimized the voices of people who do suffer attacks of this nature.

Nauseating to the extreme.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Tekaran
Now Trump needs to Pardon him. That would make some liberal Racist heads surely explode.

I wonder if anyone has declined a Presidential pardon?
Yes, it had to go all the way to the Supreme Court to establish he had the right to decline. Burdick vs Us (1915) is the main example, but there was an earlier, historically murkier one, too. Basically the government tried to force an editor to reveal his sources for government leaks, and a preemptive pardon was granted by President Wilson so that he could not hide behind the fifth. Burdick refused the pardon saying it created an imputation of guilt, and continued to plead the fifth.

Case law says that a pardon is a right that needs to be legally acted on by the recipient to become valid and in force (you can always waive rights), but a commutation of sentence (does not legally affect guilt-status) is an order to the executive concerning the sentence, and therefore, will be carried out by the executive regardless of the wish of the person affected.

edit on 22-2-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: smurfy

That's because once they are sure that they have exhausted all avenues of distortion and "spin", their only option left is to "get out in front" of the story and leave the BS far behind in an attempt to look unbiased.

Exactly the answer one would expect...except for one thing, what did they exhaust? the whole point of the thread I referred to was that CNN etc, we just not talking about it at all...but thanks for your, 'spin' as in always an answer.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The T-shirt smollet had on in a picture I saw online said he wanted to love President Trump. Maybe that was his plea to get the Prez attention???

Would be funny if he was pardoned then wore a MAGA hat... lol:

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Great job! Now time to throw the book at this racist POS! Another win for the good guys!

No surprise that Smollett hates the U.S. President and supporters, but hearing it in his own words, is a real eye-opener.

Unaired TNT "Drop the Mic": www.breitbart.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Silly jussie...

Everyone knows money can't buy you abs!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join