It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly does the Government need to do to stop Global Warming?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

Would you mind expanding on that?

Can't fathom why I would keep thinking that if I don't think it in the first place. Maybe you were agreeing with me and didn't word it particularly well?

Regardless, consider my curiosity piqued!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Haha, couldn't have said it better myself.

Whatever happens is going to happen.... The worst we can truly do to the planet is make her run a fever for a little bit to kill the virus.

Maybe she'll have some scars that are equivalent to a couple of zits that never fully healed, but she and all her glory will be once again whatever it is supposed to be.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It’s hard to believe that belches, farts, and poop from livestock could have any kind of global atmospheric effect, but it’s an issue of scale, and the nature of methane itself.

There are approximately 1.5 billion cows on the planet, each and every one of them expelling upwards of 30 to 50 gallons of methane each day. We typically think of farts as being the culprit, but belches are actually the primary source of cattle-produced methane, accounting for 95 percent of the problematic greenhouse gas.

And problematic it is. Methane is about 30 times more efficient at trapping the Sun’s radiative heat than carbon dioxide over a timescale of about a century. There may be more CO2 in the atmosphere than methane, but by unit, it’s the more destructive greenhouse gas. Both NASA’s Carbon Monitoring System research initiative and the Joint Global Change Research Institute (JGCRI) contributed to the study.

Wolf’s team re-evaluated the data used to produce the IPCC 2006 methane emissions estimates. The prior estimates were based on relatively modest rates of methane increases from 2000 to 2006, but things changed dramatically afterwards, increasing 10-fold over the course of the next 10 years. The new figures factor an 8.4 percent increase in methane emissions from digestion (otherwise known as “enteric fermentation”) in dairy cows and other cattle, and a 36.7 percent increase in methane from manure, compared to previous IPCC-based estimates. The new report shows that methane accounted for approximately 16 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions in 2016. Other human activities, such as the production and transport of gas, oil and coal, along with the decay of our organic waste, also contribute to global methane emissions.

gizmodo.com...

edit on 2/21/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

KIll 75% of every living thing on Earth. The good environment left will eventually balance out as the demand for quality foods, fuels and necessities dwindle, then slowly build back up.

Stop it? No. Man should remove himself to the moon and watch back at Earth for a few 1,000 years or millenia.....as sooner or later it will morph, balance out and become something else entirely.....

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Climate Change will NOT destroy the planet and everyone living on it.

It might get a couple degrees warmer but the earth self limits as it warms by causing more clouds and rain.

All the bull about Climate Change will destroy the planet is to scare everyone.

The earth was at least 10 degrees warmer during the age of dinosaurs.

www.climate.gov...

the people pushing Climate Change will never give you proof that Climate Change will destory earth because they have so many morons out there that will not do the research

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Kill off 80% of the population. And I am serious. Peeps may not want to admit it...but we iz bad for the environment.

“Change begins with you.”

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”

edit on 22-2-2019 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

"What exactly does the Government need to do to stop Global Warming?"

Every governing system on Earth needs to enforce tight laws to prevent people breeding over a certain amount.
7billion people is too many and anybody who doesn't see how it's had an impact on the planet is part of the problem.
Either wear a rubber or take out the baby before it knows it's sentient.

With the way things are going global warming will be best solved by a global nuclear war...
Life ends on Earth because people couldn't wear protection, imagine that.

Even if families stopped having kids I think by now the planet is already screwed.
Air travel needs to stop and the forests need to regrow back to how they were before human roamed the planet.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And what a boring life it would be

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaghettiHero

"What exactly does the Government need to do to stop Global Warming?"

Every governing system on Earth needs to enforce tight laws to prevent people breeding over a certain amount.
7billion people is too many and anybody who doesn't see how it's had an impact on the planet is part of the problem.
Either wear a rubber or take out the baby before it knows it's sentient.

With the way things are going global warming will be best solved by a global nuclear war...
Life ends on Earth because people couldn't wear protection, imagine that.

Even if families stopped having kids I think by now the planet is already screwed.
Air travel needs to stop and the forests need to regrow back to how they were before human roamed the planet.

Is this a serious reply or are you being sarcastic? You said:

Again, you're joking right?

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Find or implement an alternative clean energy source. With enough clean abundant energy existing technologies can scrub the excess c02 from the atmosphere. People have already figured out how it just takes energy and if you are doing it with coal based energy it defeats the whole thing.

I am cool with nuclear, but there is also an abundance of untapped geothermal energy available. There is a new tech for geothermal that I have been keeping an eye on to see if it pans out. If it works out then it will basically be a clean sustainable energy we can tap.

Energy is the problem and solution. Let me rephrase that. The way we get our energy is the problem and solution. The vid below is a tech I have been trying to stay up to date on that I think holds promise I also believe that it is only a matter of time until sustainable fusion becomes a reality, but for now we are stuck with fossil fuel and no tax is going to help unless they went to R&D to find a solution. As I understand it now the tax they propose wouldn't go to solve anything so I am against it.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Eventually there will be some sort of cosmic disaster and put the planet into refresh mode. The Earth has gone thru many events. Global warming is the least of our worries.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Global warming is the least of our worries.

And definitely the least of the earths worries.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join