It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn says IS bride should be brought home

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Jeremy Corbyn has said ISIS bride Shamima Begum must be brought back to the UK where she should receive state “support”.

MSN news

I called it a few days back. I said that libitards would given the chance, give her a free council house and a life of welfare and prefrontal NHS mental health treatment!

And her we have the leader of our left party calling for it!

At best she should be tried and sentenced to life without parole, at worse stripped of citizenship and handed over to Assad.

I hate our current government, I think the tory government has proven to be amoral and inept. The cuts to ESA, DLA, education and healthcare have been criminal and for the first time in my life I have considered voting labour.......and then corbyn comes out with stupid # like this.

Labour wont fix the country......they will be to busy bending over backwards for terrorists to bother

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ApacheHelicopetr

i have voted labour all my life if i lived in britain still i would not vote for that man hes a fu-ing nut job

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well she played the victim card, and that’s the only card leftists have in the deck anymore. Once it’s been played one can do no wrong, any faults one has will be blamed on the system and no personal responsibility will be expected or encouraged.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
She already is at home.
edit on 21-2-2019 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Can we please stop with the "libitards" nonsense.

It's Jeremy Corbyn , if you're British his stance shouldn't surprise you , it's Jeremy Corbyn.
I disagree with his view but that doesn't mean his view is wrong , it could still be the case that she will return to the UK.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The problem with the situation is the law, not bleeding heart libtards. If a hundred powerful libtards got together and did the carebear SHARE! power move where the goodness beams out of their tummies, it still wouldn't change the law.

That's the thing.. it's so despicable, unfortunate, or even upsetting when someone says something naive and stupid publicly right? A bunch of easy influenced people, the sheeple of that particular sector, will probably agree and say yes it's the right thing to do. That's where it ends though, it gets nipped because of something called the law.

The nerve of the open, idealistic softy rubbed you the wrong way. You knew they were going to want to bring her back and wipe her butt. She's a young woman with a baby, admitted to being young, dumb, impressionable, and naive. That liberal sympathy on women, minorities, and poor people card is just burning a hole through their deck. But in the end it's just.. a foolish statement.
edit on 2/21/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

When the glove fits.

People have to admit.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It's Jeremy Corbyn , if you're British his stance shouldn't surprise you , it's Jeremy Corbyn.
I disagree with his view but that doesn't mean his view is wrong , it could still be the case that she will return to the UK.

Only a tard would express his desire to give her state support.

We have record homeless, disabled people dying and failing hospitals and he wants to give her state aid?
# him.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
How many of you would let the guy move in your house after he got out of prison, who broke in your house, raped your family, and stole you stuff. Not much difference.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
she sure should. then put on trial for terrorism, conspiracy to commit murder, aid and comfort to enemy and put to death. oh wait she's british. never mind she did all that she doesn't deserve to die for it.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Only a tard would express his desire to give her state support.

Mr Corbyn told ITV News the 19-year-old should return to the UK in order to face questioning.

British nationals can only have their citizenship revoked if they are eligible for citizenship elsewhere.

It is thought Ms Begum could be a Bangladeshi citizen because she was born to a mother believed to be Bangladeshi.

However, Bangladesh's ministry of foreign affairs has said Ms Begum is not a Bangladeshi citizen and there was "no question" of her being allowed into the country.
www.bbc.co.uk...

If Bangladesh won't take her then she will have to return to the UK under international law , Corbyn knows that.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's one thing to take her back, try her and throw the bitch in jail to rot.

It's another to go all limp wristed and bleeding heart and insist she should be given "state support"....
edit on 21-2-2019 by ApacheHelicopetr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Taking back the ISIS western wives now that the last foreigners are being caught from that particular area in Syria has been in the media recently. Both the U.K. and the U.S.A. have publicly stated that the girls are no longer citizens of the respective countries and that their passports are not valid. The lawyer representing the college student from Alabama pubicly disputed that, saying she is definitely an American citizen with a valid passport. The State Department if I recall correctly barely made a statement and said each case has to be looked at or something equally vague.

It gives the impression that these immediate public rejections by administrations are to minimize attention and publicity in the media while appeasing lowest level supporters like.. ATS members and folks who sit down to watch news on broadcast TV everyday. It's easy to say screw 'em, let 'em rot in Kurdistan or wherever they end up but this is dodging the issue. They have to end up somewhere, sentenced by a legitimate court, back in their countries under house arrest for life, something.

They're no longer citizens of their countries so their countries can't really punish them as criminals or enemy combatants if they weren't the ones on the ground combatting them? The Syrians and Kurds were in a civil war that wasn't ours. Not to mention U.S. or U.K. soldiers didn't capture them and likely weren't even in the units that they surrendered to for humanitarian reasons like the other Syrian women, children, and old men who were able to could.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

will have to look the up, but iirc there are Federal laws in the USA that strip her of her citizenship for doing what she did. and one i believe is becoming a enemy combatant. which in all practical sense she did

edit on 21-2-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

Since they're no longer tied to their respective countries, a wealthy businessman in good enough favor with the Kurds or Syrians who will detain her indefinitely in the future for lack of a more legitimate place can pay them a sum to buy the girls as wives or slaves, whatever. It's a stretch but.. when you release them from their birth nations, it can have unintended effects.

I could not care less what happens to the ISIS bitches......anything bad that befalls them is on their own head's.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

will have to look the up, but iirc there are Federal laws in the USA that strip her of her citizenship for doing what she did.

Does that mean when the smoke blows over in a couple of years that a wealthy Muslim man with connections could simply buy them as wives or slaves if the price were high enough and the Kurds or Syrians detaining her wanted the money? It's a stretch but wouldn't having citizenship in no country on Earth be a bit of a loophole or problem?

Hoda Muthana and Shamima Begum are purchased by Elon Musk's Mars Colony Company in the year 2026 as some of the first settlers of the red planet. 🤣

There's more of these foreign brides out there too, if they're still alive. I wonder if any were able to escape into desert tribal societies. It'd make good material for a fiction movie.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

she chose what happened to her and she should be put to death. doesn't bother me what some rich "Muslim" may or may not do to her. be them kurds or syrian. she was basically a slave from the time she got there.
edit on 21-2-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

she chose what happened to her and she should be put to death.

She is just a figurehead , there are far bigger problems.
edit on 21-2-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Exactly. The UK is setting a very dangerous, and frankly racist, precedent with this case. She is a UK citizen. She is only a UK citizen. Yet because her parents have non-UK heritage the UK is trying to argue that they are not responsible for her.

In the end what's worse: the UK takes possession of her and incarcerates her; or Syria releases her because they have no legal responsibility to hold her?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Personally I don't think she should be allowed back , she turned her back on the country that educated and looked after her to join a group who's main aim was to destroy our way of life , she joined the enemy.

Having said that I also think the Shamima Begum story is being used by the government and really , in the grand scale of things doesn't matter , she is just one teenage girl who did something stupid , there are many problems faced by this country .... Shamima Begum aint one.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join