It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Large US Military Bases Have A Nuclear Reactor!Only for the Hardcore!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hey people. This is one of my first post. It is a badly guarded secret that the Pentagon has its own reactor, but what about other large US facilities? I believe most US bases have their own atomic power. Heres some background about myself that involves this. Growing up 30 yards from Ft.Belvoir(Virginia) I was quite used to all the military traffic. Almost everyone me and my family knew were Army. Back during the eighties I would always play in the woods behind the base, which was really stupid because people hunt deer and wild turkey almost year round. Anyways on one of my forays deep into the woods I went back pretty far. Ft.Belvoir has been there since I believe WW1 and there are old dirt roads that have grown over and lead to the crumbling foudations of old facilities. Now for anyone that really pays attention most of the terrorist "chatter" is taken in here with these huge golf ball looking structures that were specifically for keeping in touch with DoD satellites. Now around most of this huge base are plenty of fences, razorwire and cameras and M-16 toting MPs etc..but one side of the base is nestled quite well into very thick wetlands that are nearly impossible to cross. The Army considered this a "natural fence" and they were quite right. It was these deep, dense very dark and foreboding woods that I challenged myself to penetrate. I was young and quite bold. I really just wanted to see what was on the other side of the woods. I started out by merely waliking into the woods behind my house which was what seperated my street from the base. From there I just went west. I had a cheap compass because it is very easy to get lost. These woods sprawled out for miles and people did on occasion get lost in them say trying to take a short cut or chasing their dog or something. I recall several times when search parties would have to go find them usually Fairfax County Police sometimes teams of MPs. One poor woman was lost back there for a week and nearly died. But I knew my stuff. Id grown up crossing through these woods to get to my friends houses on the other side. This time though despite the compass I got totally lost. It was summer and very very hot. I remember it being so humid it was like walking through water. I could feel my skin starting to burn a bit. Remember these woods are actually straight up wetlands consisting of woods close to housing and the further you went back the more it turned to complete and total swamp. The danger I was in was phenominal although I didnt realize it at the time. There were snakes everywhere mostly copperheads and cottonmouths which are very very poisonous. If I had been bitten I would not have made it out alive and my body may never have been found. This is how this all relates to my topic, I had made my way to I believe the far side of the Defense Ceeta which is what the installation with the two huge antannae spheres was and is still currently called. It was getting dark I had been lost for hours. Then through the trees I could see small red lights. I thought finally civilization! I made my way torward the lights. The land started to firm up into dry land from the at times waist deep swamp I was in. I thought just a few more yards and Im out. I made my way closer torward the red lights. The density of the trees began to thin out and began to see more red lights, alot more. They began to form straight vertical lines that were spaced apart every few yards. At first I thought they were some of the antannae that were all over the base but as I made my way closer I began to make out that they vertical rows of red lights were on something alot bigger. The trees thinned out to a good dry spot of land that was directly above by afew feet and beside the biggest swamp I had yet to encounter But I could now see what I had been walking to the whole time was some kind of large instillation. Now I was about roughly 200-250 yards from this place sitting on the ground just looking across this massive prehistoric looking swamp at what took me a minute to recognize was a "smokestack" that had that definitive hourglass like shape to it. One of the first things that popped into my head was "Three Mile Island". But the "smokestack" was short, much shorter than Three Mile Island and very fat looking. It was as if somebody "squished" a normal looking "smokestack" into a much more compact one. The rest of the complex that surrounded it was nothing but large concrete buildings with more red and now yellow lighting. But what the hell is a nuclear reactor doing here? It was completely dark by then the only thing I could see was the installation lit up with these very industrial looking lights. And then there was the sound. It wasnt too loud although I could still hear it clearly and if I could hear it all the way across this massive swamp it must have been pretty loud over there. It was a low electric "hum". The sound had a pulsing pattern to it and sounded very electrical. I dont recall how long I sat there but it was a while. I was exhausted. Just staring at the "smokestack" and listening to that almost hypnotic "hum". There were three vertical rows of red lights that I could see clearly going up the side of it with another I could kind of make out on one side of it. The lights further accentuated the "Three Mile Island" shape of it. Staring at it I wondered why it opened up at the top like that and what was the purpose of the "pinch" beneath it. It was very wide and round. I finally got up and decided to find my way out of the swamps, there was no way in hell I was sleeping in those woods. There was no way I was going to even attempt to cross the massive swamp either, it looked like it could have been twenty feet deep in most places. The moon was out and gave me a bit of light to go by althogh I still wlked into trees and thorns. I had completely lost track of time at that point. It mustve been a couple of more hours before I could hear the far off sound of cars. I walked toward it. As I drew closer the sound of traffic became greater and I began to see what I thought were streetlights but were lights in the parking lot of Huntley Meadows State Park. It was pretty late and the nature center at this massive Park was closed. I knew my way from there. I walked alongside the entry road to what I think was Lockheed Blvd. A hundered yards more was US Rt.1.It was a three mile walk down the side of the highway to my house. I was too tired to think about what Id seen in great detail and was thinking more about how I had probably covered fifteen miles that day. It wasnt until the next day as my family drove alongside the base that I really thought about it in greater detail. As we passed entry gates to the base where they check your ID I looked at the guards in a much more serious way and dared not to go past a certain point in the woods ever again. Now Id never really told anybody about it because I knew they would say I was crazy. But thats how it was. The more I think about it the Defense Ceeta must draw an astonishing amount of power. The local elecric companies wouldnt even been able to provide half of what was needed. Besides if you make your own electricity nobody can track your amount of power used which would be excellent in powering whatever was needed and the public would never know. I know there are more Americans from Northern Virginia on this site. If you have any theories or clues please feel free to reply. This is no alien abduction fantasy this actually happened and Im pretty damn sure of what I saw. Thanx! Bye!

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 27-12-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sorry, old boy, I have a policy of only reading long passages when paragraphs are used.

Something like this.

It makes long stories much more readable, and makes the author much more credible by at least seeming literate.

Accordingly, and regrettably, I have not read your post and have no comment.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hmm, strange.

In all that time that I was stationed at Wiesbaden, I never once saw or knew of that base having an operative or inoperative nuclear reactor.

Boy.....imagine what those Germans that lived in and around that U.S. base would have to say if they knew that there was a nuclear reactor there. Gracious, imagine what the German government would say....

seekerof

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wow that was difficult to read. But welcome to the forum neighbor, I live about 20 miles south of you.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here's an idea. What is the name of your hometown, zip code, etc and if possible what is the address of this base. The reason for this information would be so that we could go onto Terraserver or some other sattelite imagery site and obtain sattelite imagery of the area you are talking about. This could show a rough picture of what you saw in minutes...I'll do it if you give me the information.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
SonofSpy:

It is a badly guarded secret that the Pentagon has its own reactor..

Umm, if it is such a "badly guarded secret," how come I am not finding nada/nothing on this?
Pentagon has its own nuclear reactor

Tried it in a number of variations and still found nada/nothing except this mention:

...announces his plan to hit the pentagon, which will cause the nuclear reactor that's under it to crack thus destroying Washington...

Under Siege 2 Synopsis

Am I not doing something right? Google not performing tonight? Is there another more viable search engine that you used? Got an ISBN number so I can look up that book you found this out in? Little help please? Care to share your source for such an assertion? Can someone else provide a link or source to verify what has been asserted?

seekerof

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
SonofSpy:

It is a badly guarded secret that the Pentagon has its own reactor..

Umm, if it is such a "badly guarded secret," how come I am not finding nada/nothing on this?
Pentagon has its own nuclear reactor

Tried it in a number of variations and still found nada/nothing except this mention:

...announces his plan to hit the pentagon, which will cause the nuclear reactor that's under it to crack thus destroying Washington...

Under Siege 2 Synopsis

Am I not doing something right? Google not performing tonight? Is there another more viable search engine that you used? Got an ISBN number so I can look up that book you found this out in? Little help please? Care to share your source for such an assertion? Can someone else provide a link or source to verify what has been asserted?

seekerof

Man you are being quite sarcastic and arrogant. I know you are a super duper excellent way way above kind of person, but sheesh, give your ego a rest will ya? Your comments here aren't helpful or funny or even well put together.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think this is a pile of .........There is no way the government could hide a reactor of the size in which you imply, They do have test reactors and such but there would be no reason for this and even if they did, why hide it?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'd still like to have the location info so I could do a Terraserver search

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
I'd still like to have the location info so I could do a Terraserver search

I believe he said Fort Belvoir, VA the zip is 22060. Let me know if you find anything.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
CaptAvatar:

Man you are being quite sarcastic and arrogant. I know you are a super duper excellent way way above kind of person, but sheesh, give your ego a rest will ya? Your comments here aren't helpful or funny or even well put together.

Thank you! I do try my best at times.

Btw, thank you for your contribution to this topic, as well.

Oh, and since I haven't officially welcomed you to ATS: Welcome to the ATS community.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well i guess it is possible,but why would the government hide reacters from the public.It seems reasonable that bases need independent power sources.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I could imagine 1 or 2 "Noahs Arc" bunkers (wich will make the ideal more appealing to Seekerof) might have a nuclear reactor, for in case a nuclear war with "dirty" cobalt doped nukes will keep up the radiation levels for decades, so in that case you would need a very long stay underground and have your chidren reclaim the land.

But all bases ? your train of thought is taking a very wide turn here.....

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I had some time, so here's a tidyed up version of the original guys post and a little synopsis:

Hey people. This is one of my first post. It is a badly guarded secret that the Pentagon has its own reactor, but what about other large US facilities? I believe most US bases have their own atomic power. Here's some background about myself that involves this.

Growing up 30 yards from Ft.Belvoir(Virginia) I was quite used to all the military traffic. Almost everyone me and my family knew were Army. Back during the eighties I would always play in the woods behind the base, which was really stupid because people hunt deer and wild turkey almost year round. Anyways on one of my forays deep into the woods I went back pretty far.

Ft.Belvoir has been there since I believe WW1 and there are old dirt roads that have grown over and lead to the crumbling foudations of old facilities. Now for anyone that really pays attention most of the terrorist "chatter" is taken in here with these huge golf ball looking structures that were specifically for keeping in touch with DoD satellites. Now around most of this huge base are plenty of fences, razorwire and cameras and M-16 toting MPs etc.,but one side of the base is nestled quite well into very thick wetlands that are nearly impossible to cross.

The Army considered this a "natural fence" and they were quite right. It was these deep, dense very dark and foreboding woods that I challenged myself to penetrate. I was young and quite bold. I really just wanted to see what was on the other side of the woods. I started out by merely walking into the woods behind my house which was what seperated my street from the base. From there I just went west. I had a cheap compass because it is very easy to get lost. These woods sprawled out for miles and people did on occasion get lost in them say trying to take a short cut or chasing their dog or something. I recall several times when search parties would have to go find them usually Fairfax County Police sometimes teams of MPs. One poor woman was lost back there for a week and nearly died.

But I knew my stuff. Id grown up crossing through these woods to get to my friends houses on the other side. This time though despite the compass I got totally lost. It was summer and very very hot. I remember it being so humid it was like walking through water. I could feel my skin starting to burn a bit. Remember these woods are actually straight up wetlands consisting of woods close to housing and the further you went back the more it turned to complete and total swamp.

The danger I was in was phenomenal although I didnt realise it at the time. There were snakes everywhere ,mostly copperheads and cottonmouths which are very very poisonous. If I had been bitten I would not have made it out alive and my body may never have been found.

This is how this all relates to my topic, I had made my way to I believe the far side of the Defense Ceeta, which is what the installation with the two huge antannae spheres was and is still currently called. It was getting dark I had been lost for hours. Then through the trees I could see small red lights. I thought finally civilisation! I made my way torward the lights.

The land started to firm up into dry land from the at times waist deep swamp I was in. I thought "just a few more yards and Im out". I made my way closer torward the red lights. The density of the trees began to thin out and began to see more red lights, alot more. They began to form straight vertical lines that were spaced apart every few yards. At first I thought they were some of the antannae that were all over the base but as I made my way closer I began to make out that they vertical rows of red lights were on something alot bigger.

The trees thinned out to a good dry spot of land that was directly above by afew feet and beside the biggest swamp I had yet to encounter But I could now see what I had been walking to the whole time was some kind of large instillation. Now I was about roughly 200-250 yards from this place sitting on the ground just looking across this massive prehistoric looking swamp at what took me a minute to recognize was a "smokestack" that had that definitive hourglass like shape to it. One of the first things that popped into my head was "Three Mile Island". But the "smokestack" was short, much shorter than Three Mile Island and very fat looking. It was as if somebody "squished" a normal looking "smokestack" into a much more compact one.

The rest of the complex that surrounded it was nothing but large concrete buildings with more red and now yellow lighting. But what the hell is a nuclear reactor doing here? It was completely dark by then the only thing I could see was the installation lit up with these very industrial looking lights. And then there was the sound. It wasnt too loud although I could still hear it clearly and if I could hear it all the way across this massive swamp it must have been pretty loud over there. It was a low electric "hum". The sound had a pulsing pattern to it and sounded very electrical. I dont recall how long I sat there but it was a while.

I was exhausted. Just staring at the "smokestack" and listening to that almost hypnotic "hum". There were three vertical rows of red lights that I could see clearly going up the side of it with another I could kind of make out on one side of it. The lights further accentuated the "Three Mile Island" shape of it. Staring at it I wondered why it opened up at the top like that and what was the purpose of the "pinch" beneath it. It was very wide and round.

I finally got up and decided to find my way out of the swamps, there was no way in hell I was sleeping in those woods. There was no way I was going to even attempt to cross the massive swamp either, it looked like it could have been twenty feet deep in most places. The moon was out and gave me a bit of light to go by althogh I still wlked into trees and thorns. I had completely lost track of time at that point.

It mustve been a couple of more hours before I could hear the far off sound of cars. I walked toward it. As I drew closer the sound of traffic became greater and I began to see what I thought were streetlights but were lights in the parking lot of Huntley Meadows State Park. It was pretty late and the nature center at this massive Park was closed.

I knew my way from there. I walked alongside the entry road to what I think was Lockheed Blvd. A hundered yards more was US Rt.1.It was a three mile walk down the side of the highway to my house. I was too tired to think about what Id seen in great detail and was thinking more about how I had probably covered fifteen miles that day.

It wasnt until the next day as my family drove alongside the base that I really thought about it in greater detail. As we passed entry gates to the base where they check your ID I looked at the guards in a much more serious way and dared not to go past a certain point in the woods ever again. Now Id never really told anybody about it because I knew they would say I was crazy. But thats how it was.

The more I think about it the Defense Ceeta must draw an astonishing amount of power. The local elecric companies wouldnt even been able to provide half of what was needed. Besides if you make your own electricity nobody can track your amount of power used which would be excellent in powering whatever was needed and the public would never know.

I know there are more Americans from Northern Virginia on this site. If you have any theories or clues please feel free to reply. This is no alien abduction fantasy this actually happened and Im pretty damn sure of what I saw. Thanx! Bye!

Synopsis:
He says the is a nuclear reactor,in the pentagon, why can't there be others at various other bases.
One day as a kid he was out walking in a swampy wodland by a US Army base in Virginia, USA.
While in the woods one day he stumbled cross what appeared to be a minature version of a nuclear power station.
Could there have been a nuclear reactor here?

MY point on this topic:
I'd say its possible. There used to be a nuclear reactor in the middle of Greenwhich (London, UK) which RN submariners were trained on. It was in one of the buildings opposite the Maritime Museum

[edit on 1/3/05 by minimi]

[edit on 1/3/05 by minimi]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nice to meet you Son! Interesting story there and I hope who ever was looking for any terra server pics can find something. Welcome!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow! What a response! Even the great seekerof had a read. Now as for not using paragraphs I thought Id run out of room eventually but I guess not. Id like to thank Minimi for the edit. Now let me explain a couple of things.
First about the Pentagon, of course you wont find much on its reactor. Remember, the Pentagon was designed to function as independantly as possible in case of attack and outside power sources were destroyed. Now how do you think youd generate enough electricity to operate such a huge facility with thousands of people without outside electrical sources? Hydroelectric? Not impossible but pretty close, in case of a WMD attack local waterways would be contaminated beyond use. Diesel? There are still a handful of diesel generators there but nothing nearly powerful enough to power the entire facility, these are used if say the power goes out during a storm in a part of the facility. Currently the Pentagon uses private outside utility companies for power. Ive tried to even find which power stations and where they are. But naturally for security reasons you wont get past "privately owned utlities". It would be bizarre if the Pentagon did not have its own reactor. Here in the throbbing heart of DoD country if you were able to ask anyone in the DoD community if the Pentagon has its own reactor youd get a confused look and the response is "of course it does." And I have. Back in the mid eighties my father and his DoD friends would joke about it. "What reactor?" one would say and everyone would laugh about it. They considered anybody who thought it didnt were idiots. Now, lets take this Pentagon reactor thing one step further. The one thing my father and his friends did disagree about was just how long the Pentagon has had a reactor. One theory Ive heard is that it was originally designed with a reactor and that it had a very crude one that they hoped they wouldnt have to use because they werent sure how well itd work. The most common theory is the early 70's and that the safety measures for a hidden reactor just werent there until then. Now if anybody out there has a long view of history, and not just aliens aliens blah blah blah, the very first nuclear powered submarine was The Nautilus. The reactor for it was at the time revolutionary. The reactor was small, compact and very reliable. At the time this was happening which I believe was 1959, somebody please correct me if Im wrong, My father had been working at the Navy Yards in Anacostia. Yes yes I know what was he doing at a naval facility when he was in the Army? After he left field work in eastern europe the Army brought him back stateside, he ws hand picked for his engineering and drafting skills for a certain technical division. Now this office happend to be at the Navy Yards. His job there from day one was mainly to write technical manuals for the Navy. He left the military one year later. But they were so impressed with his work they kept him on as a civilian employee with a very high security clearance. Now back to the Nautilus. He says that after the Nautilus finished sea trials they were so impressed with the reactors flawless performance and very good safety measures that this is the first real usable reactor that was actually used at the Pentagon. The reactor came from the Navy and was a US Navy design specifically, a near perfect copy of the reactor in the Nautilus just a much bigger one. Chew on that for a while. To give this and nearly everything else I say crediblity, he wrote technical manuals from things like undersea mapping to how to properly conduct mine warfare. How to lay arm and hide them including cutaway illustrations. This is just a drop on the bucket. Now if anybody looks in the proper places there are several technical articles written by him and published in military news articles using his real name as the author. If any of you are determined enough you can find his name online but you must search military archives specifically, look for manuals and articles mainly relating to naval work. Its hard to find names but its there. Nearly no manuals had or still have the author(s) name printed but there are a few and he is one of them. To this day over half of what he authored is still top secret which I believe is to keep even if its old information out of the wrong hands. He left that position in 1963. To give you a better sense of where Im coming from and what time frames I will refer to the most is 1955 to1988. For anybody really serious about their "mysterious US Military History" the following is for you. Does anybody remember the US atomic sub The Thresher? How it was lost due to unknown circumstance during I believe it was at the end of its sea trials? There were also several civilian scientists onboard. The exact number Im not sure of which, but my father would talk about seven of his closest friends were on the Thresher when for some unknown reason contact was lost and the sub descended to crush depth and imploded. These seven guys I think two were officers of somekind, were also drinking buddies of my father and hed have them and their families over for dinner parties etc. Now this was all before I was even born, my pops is 70 now and still will talk about it like it was yesterday. Now, if any of you are wondering if he knew what actually sank the Thresher, he did. Conspiracy theories still swirl about its sinking to this day. Anything from aliens to a Russian sub. It was nothing more than bad plumbing. The ship went too deep and the ballast gave out. He said it did not implode then but sank a bit further before it did implode. He told me about how most of the crew were still alive before it crushed. He said it must have been a nightmare for as the pressure bacame greater bolts and rivets were popping off inward with the force of bullets killing the crew before it imploded. Im really not trying to confuse anyone. But this is history as told by someone who was either there or writing technical manuals about which are still classified more than forty years later. Id be more than happy to answer questions and if any fellow Yanks out there have anything to add it would be greatly appreciated for there are many things he still just wont talk about and seems to get upset about it if you ask. Ive told him a million times that he should write a book. He shrugs it off with a "I was just doing my job" attitude and that most of what could be in a book is still classified. So to me the Pentagon having a nuclear reactor is trivial knowledge to alot of people who have lived there lives in and around the Pentagon. The government just wont say it because if they did everyone would be screaming about possible meltdowns etc.. And lastly to Mr. EdSinger. Ive been surfing these boards for a while and am familiar with your anti-social behavior and insulting comments. Im very suprised that you havnt been kicked off completely. If you disagree just say "I Disagree" or "Your Wrong" something of that nature. Your raving insults are quite offensive. Fine, please disagree, just dont resort to insults. I know you think Im full of it as many of you also may think Im full of it. Every single thing about my experience in the Ft.Belvoir woods is true. It was the summer of 1988. Was it a nuclear reactor? Im no nuclear expert but it sure looked like a little chunk of Three Mile Island to me. Maybe it would have been a good idea to, swim across the snake infested swamp, crawl out of the swamp upto the tall fences that I could see from across the swamp and ask the nice large very pissed off looking guys with the camoflauge and M-16s "Hey man, hows it goin, is this a nuclear reactor?" It was definitley an electrical power station of some kind. So chew on this. I grew up playing with the son of the guy that invented night vision for The Army Corps of Engineers too! Right, I am just SO full of it...

[edit on 1-3-2005 by SonofSpy]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Very nice postman, I believe it to be true. Do you have an address/general address or latitude + longitude for the base so that I can look on terraserver for some pictures?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I wrote my last reply in paragraphs. Im horribly computer illiterate so i dont know what happened. Ft.Belvoir has a website that is easily accesible. Just Google Ft.Belvoir and you should get a pretty good list from the official web site to the very long history of the base to conspiracy theories. Ft.Belvoir has three basic functions. 1.This is the home of the US Army Corps of Engineers. They are to be found stationed throughout the world but this is their home base. 2.The word Belvoir is French for "beutiful to look at" hence most of the highest ranking Army officers have very very nice government homes on base. A good 20 acres of the base is a golf course, when I say high ranking officers I mean VERY high ranking officers. When you have a personal driver that usually means your a General.

Text

Im using the text edit so I hope this comes out in paragraphs. As to where the base is located all you have to do is look at a map of Virginia. Quantico is easily seen on a state map. Go in a straight line north and you should see Ft.Belvoir listed as such, you can be in DC in ten minutes from there. Now you can actually find satellite photos of the base but not all of it. You can see the enlisted housing the golf course and even the huge Defense Ceeta. But you cannot get shots of the entire base.

Text

There is a good size chunk missing and air traffic over the base is restricted. Ft.Belvoirs third purpouse is this 3.General housing. There a couple thousand soldiers here. Theres the enlisted mens housing which is what I grew up next to. and tucked away further into the base is the officers housing. These are no simple little shacks like the enlisted men have these are very small mansions. They are very close together but they are two to three stories and all brick all the way around which means they costs quite a bit to use. There is a big commisary where everything is dirt cheap and several athletic fields. Your regular army base stuff.

Text

As I first mentioned this is the home of The Army Corps of Engineers. I know to all you non yanks out there most Americans are fat, lazy and stupid. Thats true to a point. But these are the best engineers on earth. They invent and test everything from simple but textbook perfect sewers to testing the latest in explosives. They have taken the testing more towards the back of the base away from prying eyes so you really cant hear them testing the explosives anymore. Growing up the sounds of distant explosions were normal. Like I said in my last post night vision was invented and first tested here. Argue all you want it was invented here. Just Google Ft. Belvoir and do a little digging and its just one of tens of thousands of innovations born here.

Text

I hope this comes out in paragraphs. There is no seeing all the base PERIOD! Before 9-11 even the general public would be allowed to just wander onto the base. On one side of the base is the Potomac river. But even back then you could only go so far before you were met with rows of tall electrified fences and large very serious looking MPs with dogs. There is a very large K-9 unit there and if your scent gets picked up by the dogs in the kennel even if its just a trace of your scent on the wind they go freaking crazy and can smell you before you even get to the gate.

Text

Ft.Belvoir is a pretty big base. Not nearly as big as Quantico though. Quantico is big enough to be its own county! You can tell Belvoir is really old though. Before 9-11 when the general public could go on base you could just walk around and see old abandoned concrete pillboxes, crumbling foundations of old buildings and at one time even an abandoned train staion. The old stuff has been allowed to grow over to nearly match the woods they are next to.

Text

If you go kind of far back into the woods, not nearly as far as I went in my first post, just far back enough that you could no longer see houses or hear traffic you will be tripping over what I think was a good portion of the original base. From half caved in small buildings that sit along side old grownover dirt roads to big heavy eroding concrete structures. You cant really tell what most of this stuff was. Maybe there are some old ww2 vets out there that could tell me. I was fortunate enoughto find what I think was a very old airstrip!

Text

Grown over and broken apart with time it was very long and started abruptly and ended abruptly. The strip itself looked like some ancient concrete gravel mix. There were several foundations remaining along side it. There were a couple very large imprints in the growth alongside the strip. There were what looked like rusted over framing for some metal work. I believe these were hangers.

Text

And then there was the bizarre stuff. I remember there was this overgrown field of what my friends and I called "The Pylons" They looked like giant concrete pylons like you see marking the end zone in a NFL game.They were pretty big and there was a lot of them. They were hollow as many had collapsed inward. But it didnt make any sense! I had once heard that this was part of a large tank training course during both world wars. They were four to siz feet tall. They were kind of close together so I dont see how a tank could deal with it.

Text

I will end this post with this. I got a new digital camera and this site really got my cutiosity about it all piqued. One of the first Army corps engineering projects was a huge underground antannae. Sound familiar? This is by their own admission. The state park which I came out of in my first post(Huntley Meadows State Park) has a visitor/nature center that has some photographic history of the base all the way from world war one. They have some very interesting aerial shots of the base from back then a few of which show a giant antannae(circular) built into the ground. I believe it covered several acres.

Text

This is real stuff folks. If anybody out there hs good tips on how to post photos from a digital camera Ill have some pics this weekend. I know its no Montauk,(?)and I doubt that huge antannae was the first HAARP(?)but its time to dig a bit deeper before my next series of posts where they WILL shoot you on site if you are tresspassing, Davidson Army Airfield. Which is very very shady.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Nice post, SonofSpy. Welcome aboard also! Know that I enjoyed reading your posts on the reactor subject, and I do not discount your points made. To think that the Pentagon did not have nuclear capability to produce it's own electricity in case of an event or emergency would portray someone as naive, imo.
I'm sure your father could tell many interesting storys- you should record as many as you can, and share with us if he is willing.
Just remember, many people lurk here, be carefull as to what you disclose, or reveal.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
He posted a picture of it in another thread.

Ft Belvior was a trainign base for engineers, and generator repairers. It was also the main trainign base for power plant operators and repait personel. Thus, the reason there is a big nuke plant there. Last time I checked, they still train power plant technicians there from around the world. However, the thing has been dead for a while, as far as being active.

But you are incorrect in your assumption that all major US military bases have nuclear power plants. Ft Belvior has its plant because they teach people how to operate and repair major power generation facilities.

I have been on several US bases at home and overseas, several major ones, and I am quite unaware of any nuclear facilities. The cloest thing I knew of was a big nuclear [power plant that was right next to the Hanau Army community in Germany. However, this nuke plant was owned and operated by the germans, and no longer ran on nuke power, but was converted to coal use instead.

But Belvior's nuke plant is no real big secret, even us trainees who were stationed there knew about it, and from what they told us, it was inoperative and was used mainly for teaching and training.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join