It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakdancing to be an Olympic Sport?? "New and Improved" Olympics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Breakdancing has been added as one of the new Olympic Sports and will appear in the 2024 Olympics in France. Really?? Other sports to be added to the games are surfing, sport climbing and skateboarding.

The 'New and Improved' Olympics

Now, I have no doubt about the athletic ability of breakdancers, but really??? What will historians of the future say? I mean, way back in beginning we had Spear chuckin', Rock throwin', Snake jumpin', Wrestlin' over wimmin's, Runnin' from wrestler's, Runnin' from cougars and Runnin' to get to town. We had Swimin' across the river, Jumpin' cross the river, Usin' a pole to jump the river. And we had...well, you get the idea.

Now we're gonna' have Breakdancin' and Skatepunkin' and Surfin' (it's Rad, Bruh). These, added to the already riveting sports of Dancin' with ribbin's in your hair, Skippin' in the rain and Phartin' under the covers.

What's next? ...

- Twerkin'?
- Rappin'?
- Diddlin'?
- Runnin' from the cops?
- Knee cappin'?
- Border jumpin'?
- Purse snatchin'?

Personally, I think we should add readin', and stuff like mathin' or maybe meditatin', or thinkin', mini-vannin' and cell phonin'...or maybe even Face bookin'.

Hmmmmm...."I won an Olympic Gold Medal for Breakdancing"...something just doesn't sound right here.

That is all.

edit on 2/21/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well tbh it's fairly gymnastic-ish

not that I would watch it, or the olympics (cept that one long race where ppl crap out and look a mess, thats great)

I rather watch Twerkin' from those fat bottomed gurls.

Dem gurlz.
edit on 21-2-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Nice.

I shall enter my wife as a competitor as she has osteoporosis...

Lags
edit on 21-2-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling and humour

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Ok...that's enough.
Can somebody just push the big red button and get this over with ?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Soon to come:

Pole dancing & twerking! Yeaaaaaaa!!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Personally I find it more impressive than curling, but at least curling has a point system. How can ones dancing be objectively scored?

Olympic beer pong is getting more and more likely during our lifetime.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If things go like that, I might have a chance to be an Olympic gold medalist in Rock Paper Scissors in 2028

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Im already in training for when they make wanking an olympic sport.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Gawd, the mental images!! (people crappin' themselves in the Breakdancin' Marathon...26.2 hours without changin' their skivvies).

What'd ya have to go and do that for??? My mental eyes!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Personally I find it more impressive than curling, but at least curling has a point system. How can ones dancing be objectively scored?

Olympic beer pong is getting more and more likely during our lifetime.

Those will be the same athletes in the " 5 Meter Projectile Vomiting and Sharting Category"

Made myself laugh

PBR and Taco Bell can be the sponsors.

Help...I can't get the image outta my head.
edit on 21-2-2019 by DAVID64 because: These are the things I think of at 4 AM.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

The Olympics is about athleticism.

ath·let·ic (ăth-lĕt′ĭk) adj. 1. Of or befitting athletics or athletes. 2. Characterized by or involving physical activity or exertion: an athletic lifestyle; an athletic child. 3. Physically strong and well-developed; muscular: an actor with an athletic build.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

I like you cowboy, but by your own definition this fits physical athleticism more so than the intellectual subjects, you suggest.

While I can agree more emphasis on intellectual subjects will not hurt us as a whole, that is not what the Olympics was founded on.

Inversely, I will point out if we were to do the Olympic games as first done (namely in the nude), a number of world records (specific to, racing, swimming, and diving- probably others) would not have been possible. As the science tech into outfits have helped immeasurably for a lot of athletes.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Well, there was just a wee bit of jest in there, you know.

After all, I did include Face bookin', mini-vannin' and cell phonin'.

Oh, now nude Olympics???? I'd be all over that!!!

'Specially the trampoline stuff!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

LOL the sprint or the marathon...or the 4 man relay
edit on 21-2-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I thinkin' Air guitarin' might be a good addition.

Or, how about these...

- Video gamin'
- Karoke-in'
- Jello wrestlin' (admittedly, I might have to watch this one)
- Butterfly chasin'
- Flower smellin'
- Gonzo Bong hittin'

I could probably come up with a few more.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Good sir,
I do like to rib at you, as we are similar in views.

Nude Olympics. . .
Hard sell to the world. Probably hard sell to the majority of countries. But that was the Athen's games.
Very, very separate male to female. Spectators too.

Because of everything political I do not see the world going to an unclothed Olympics.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: weirdguy

LOL the sprint or the marathon...or the 4 man relay

ha ha the relay!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
"Okay folks, here he comes up to the platform. You can see he's doing his pre-hit hyperventilation.

Now, Tommy (Chong), in our day something way smaller than that would be considered a Party Bowl, don't ya think?

Okay, he's got his Bic out...here it comes!

Oh my GAWD, he must have a wheel barrow load of Mendocino County Sticky in that thing!!!

He's almost got it...uh oh, he almost choked...and BOOM, THERE IT IS!!! He got it all!! Unbelievable!!!

Now if he can just exhale without choking we'll have a new World Record, Folks!! HE DID IT!! Absolutely unbelievable!!

Now let's see what the judges have to say.....would somebody please go get the judges away from the king sized Doritos bag and tell 'em to pay the heck attention here! This is the OLYMPICS for cripes sakes!!

OMG...it's a perfect 10!! Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have a new World Record holder!!"

edit on 2/21/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hey , its 1984 all over again, when Breakdancing went Worldwide, with the Buffalo girls, go round the outside....

Personally, I'd like to experience Farting contests at the Olympics, see who could throw the longest flame.

I reckon unisex pissing contests could make the start too.......some of the weees young girls can do,....wooooweeee, Iz seen it on the net..... like clear across the road stuff.

Hamburger eating contests.........that might go down well......

How about Rollerball/Derby crossed with Baseball, a wheely good smash em up game.....

Or Grid/Rug/Soc Iron ball......a mash up of a few football codes, with mixed rules....a bit like the Aussie/Irish Gaelic football modified rules.....a complete cock up of both games......which they dont seem to play any more TF.

Lots of scope for more Olympic games.......the best of the best only.

All this can only lead to more open Olympic games for the Average person....anyone can now play.

How wonderful.

edit on 21-2-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Isn't that 'Trailer Park girls go 'round the outside'???

...or was that later?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: gort51

Isn't that 'Trailer Park girls go 'round the outside'???

...or was that later?

Well, someone was round the outside anyway......Lets hope they stay there!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join