It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God talking to us through ALEXA . LOL weird story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
True story.. happened a few hours ago

I will preface this by saying my wife and I have this long running inside joke about god hating us lol.

We don't really believe that he hates us or even cares at all
But we do say it often, when s### happens.

In my living room I have the Tv and my 40 inch monitor next to each other so I can sit on the couch and play on the PC and watch TV

So tonight we are sitting down on the couch watching "the Goldbergs" on the firestick on the TV when my wife reclines her side back, making the cat jump from the couch onto her side table, spilling her freshly pored, large glass of tea all over everything.

My wife jumps up screaming expletives at the cat, almost crying saying "cant I just relax for five F#$#$#$ minutes "

And I say "its just god showing he still hates us " . with that almost crying voice she says "well I wish he would stop"

This is where it gets weird

At that exact moment, I mean uncanny exact moment the alexa on my computer speaks to us . it popped the little screen up on the screen and then in the alexa voice said

"I can learn to understand you much better if I can get familiar with the way you talk I need your permission to help"

we looked at each other in shock and both said pretty much in unison " you have my permission to help"

My computer has never just randomly out of the blue spoke to me before lol. And we have never even used Alexa on the computer for anything .

I have never heard Alexa out of my PC before lol. We sometimes use Alexa on the firestick but that was plugged into the TV.

We were not even using the PC we were watching the TV . I know there is some logical reason and god is not talking to us through Alexa lol but this did give me chills.

Anyway fun story for a late night.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: neversleep

You can relate that story with humor ... and yet ...

You do not see the danger that Alexa represents.

Everything you say can be recorded and sent to someone else without you knowing it is happening.

You just gave Alexa the permission it needed.

If you just have to have an Alexa, leave it in the toilet with the door shut.

P

edit on 21/2/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You invited a known evil spy into your home and you call it god?

God does not hate and God does not help. Anything or anyone who offers you either is a fake. Let that sink in.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

You can relate that story with humor ... and yet ...

You do not see the danger that Alexa represents.

Everything you say can be recorded and sent to someone else without you knowing it is happening.

You just gave Alexa the permission it needed.

If you just have to have an Alexa, leave it in the toilet with the door shut.

P
I don't know how I have Alexa on my PC. Does it just come with windows?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

You invited a known evil spy into your home and you call it god?

God does not hate and God does not help. Anything or anyone who offers you either is a fake. Let that sink in.

Wow I don't think it was god lol . Dang. I just thought it was very weird timing

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Why anyone would still have an Alexa or Echo or similar device baffles me. No offense to you personally OP, I just don't freaking get it, and it does a great disservice to those of us who don't appreciate government spy tools in our home being presented as little helper angels.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Why anyone would still have an Alexa or Echo or similar device baffles me. No offense to you personally OP, I just don't freaking get it, and it does a great disservice to those of us who don't appreciate government spy tools in our home being presented as little helper angels.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have never installed or used ALEXA on my PC before. Really don't even know why I have it on the PC. I don't even have a microphone set up.

We use the firestick which has ALEXA but dony use the ALEXA

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Windows 10 comes with Cortana.
I don't use it.
But I've heard it say that line a couple of times, usually after an update that reboots the computer.
edit on 21-2-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Windows 10 comes with Cortana.
I don't use it.
But I've heard it say that line a couple of times, usually after an update that reboots the computer.

It sounded like the same chik on the firestick to me. .I have never heard it before

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

That's where it shows up at the bottom of my screen.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

That's where it shows up at the bottom of my screen.

lol wow I have that too just clicked it and it said the same thing again.

So maybe when the cat was running from my wife it hit my mouse and clicked it with perfect timing.

edit on 21-2-2019 by neversleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I think this is what triggered it:
"well I wish he would stop"

We all know Alexa listens even when turned off (which is creepy as H3ll!!!!). I think it listens and if it thinks it is being asked something, or for help, it will speak up. I don't think these things are ultimately here to help anyone but their overlords (creators/corportate masters).

There should be a law that any house that has one of these devices needs to inform anyone when they enter the house (maybe it needs to be posted on the doors...).

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Google Assistant told me;

We have assumed control.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Ooohhh... we contemplate the sinister implications of the pesty little listening devices that are found in our techie convenient gadgets of the day.

Your story reminds me and makes me think of that device that ghost hunters use called the spirit box.

The concept of the spirit box is that an entity can manifest its energy and come through the spirit box and talk to you. The spirit box is pre-programed with vocabulary words.

If youv'e ever gotten into the paranormal reality TV genre and watched any of the popular shows you can see the ghost hunters using these little devices. It is odd and uncanny when they start asking questions if they start to notice a peak in what appears to be activity in the location they are investigating, they pull out their snazy little ghost box device and start engaging in a dialect. The responses and words spit out by the spirit box are timed so perfectly to make it appear they are having an intelligent back and forth discussion with a spirit or entity. Time and time again, it appears an entity is answering specific questions directly in response to their questions.

I realize the two devices are for different purposes, but the back-end concept must have some similarities. Both devices must listen and then respond. The spirit box responds with words after the ghost hunter starts to ask questions out loud. Alexa is also capable of a listening mode and then voice activation and responses.

leolady

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
God must hate me then.

Because he doesn't talk to me through my firestick.

I'm sad.

So sad.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

whats the point of having a god if they dont at least help sometimes?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Because kids are suppose to GROW UP and take care of their own snip.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"Give me convenience or give me death."

That is the new quote about what it means to be an American.

I have neither use nor need for anything like an Alexa.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Apart from the insanity of having Alexa in your home, I would not be happy with someone playing games on a 40" monitor whilst watching TV. Sounds to me like you are letting tech run your life. Switch them off and go outside.

Seriously, though, I would say it was a coincidence and the cat got the short straw.

new topics

top topics

join