It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest: Smollett charged with filing false police report

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I really hope at the press conference they say or a reporter asks why EXACTLY Foxx felt she had to recuse herself. Should be interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here's a better mug shot.

Twitter
edit on 2 21 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm wondering if anyone teaches the story about The Boy Who Cried Wolf anymore?

If people don't stop trying to perpetrate these kinds of hoaxes, all they will succeed in doing is hurting those who are actual victims of hate.

As JFK said, "Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal."

There is enough hate in this world, let's not manufacture it for public consumption.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

Words to live by.

Great post.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad
I'm wondering if anyone teaches the story about The Boy Who Cried Wolf anymore?

They can't teach that anymore because it's transphobic assuming the boy was a boy.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 772STi
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I know, how did it ever come to this? When did he think this was a good idea and it would work. I just want to work come home eat dinner and maybe find a new girlfriend, I don't ever have thoughts of becoming the ultimate hate crime victim, while trying to help a Lynching bill pass, and at the same time trying to topple a sitting us president.

His only defense will be: Hey, everybody else is doing it.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Police seems really mad/upset, they will most likely not just give him a slap on the wrist, thats what i get from the press conference

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesperA
Police seems really mad/upset, they will most likely not just give him a slap on the wrist, thats what i get from the press conference

They have a right to be upset.

It's not like Chicago doesn't have real crimes that need investigating. He spent a ton of resources that were needed elsewhere.
He should be liable for all Chicago PD expenses investigating the case plus penalties and yes he should get some jail time to set an example. He can also get some counseling while in jail if he is willing to pay for it himself.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
In his defense, I'm sure he's stunned this didn't just go away.

Apart from the the legal aspects of this case, he doesn't seem very bright.

I am still unclear why he would need to hire two guys to stage this? No witnesses and in a place with no cameras despite almost every other part of that neighborhood having surveillance? Why did he need other people?

Was it just too much for him to spill a little bleach on his clothes and hang a rope around his neck? He needed to hire accomplices? I don't get it. The guy needs to spend some time in a box reflecting and pay restitution to CPD, but also the plan seems really dumb.

edit on 21-2-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Earlier on fox they had judge napalono, spelling? He said if the police wanted to the could charge him for the same charge multiple times. Everytime he went into the police station and lied would be a separate charge.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The police chief said that he set it up were it would be on camera, but the camera was facing in the opposite direction. I'm assuming it's one of those half dome looking cameras so you can't see exactly where it's pointed.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

But there was a camera, Jussie made sure of it. Pointed it out to the police even, "Whew, good thing there was a camera up there recording my assault..." but unfortunately it was aimed in the opposite direction. Homework fail, but he tried.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Chicago police superintendent Eddie Johnson said "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett staged the alleged attack because he was "dissatisfied with his salary."

Smollett first "attempted to gain attention by sending a false letter that relied on racial, homophobic and political language," an apparent reference to a letter sent to the "Empire" set in the days before the attack.

"When that didn't work, Smollett paid $3,500 to stage this attack and drag Chicago's reputation through the mud in the process," Johnson said.

Link

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjack

But there was a camera, Jussie made sure of it. Pointed it out to the police even, "Whew, good thing there was a camera up there recording my assault..." but unfortunately it was aimed in the opposite direction. Homework fail, but he tried.

Ahh..Ok. That makes sense. So not only is his acting career over, but his debut as a Director will go down as the world's greatest fail.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

If he told them about the letter, he just gave himself to the feds.

They haven't weighed in yet and if he is now on the record as having sent that letter, he just made their case for them.

I dont think he realizes that they are a separate jurisdiction with a whole other set of statutes under which he can be charged.

He is really stupid.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
man what a tool. jussie: i know i'm going to stage a fake racist,homophobic, political attack so i can demand more for my role on my TV show, and i'll cut the attackers a check. priceless

edit on 21-2-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yup, alot of people also don't realize that if you have local and federal charges the county gets there time out of you first. And when your sentence is over your going strait to the feds so they can get there time.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

He is really stupid.

qft

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hey guise;

Be sure to check out SUM of his MUZZACK

hahaha.

To think, someone is a bigger POS than 6ix9ine the rainbow rapper.

Well played.

I love the MAGA country part, that was a #ing laugh riot.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Wonder if he will have a similar career as Al Sharpton.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join