It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard lieutenant, dubbed 'domestic terrorist,' had hit list of media bigs and Dem lawmakers: p

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

A U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant arrested last week on weapons and drug charges is a white nationalist who apparently had a hit list of Democratic lawmakers and activists as well as prominent media personalities, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

Prosecutors say Hasson regularly read a manifesto written by Anders Behring Breivik, a Norwegian far-right extremist who killed 77 people in a pair of 2011 terror attacks, and stockpiled weapons and ammunition. According to the documents, federal agents recovered 15 firearms and "conservatively" more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition from Hasson's "cramped basement apartment" in Silver Spring, Maryland.

Coast Guard lieutenant, dubbed 'domestic terrorist,' had hit list of media bigs and Dem lawmakers

[snipped]
edit on 2/20/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

edit on 2.21.2019 by Kandinsky because: Snipped unsourced image

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thank God they got this guy BEFORE anyone was killed.

Nutcase said he wanted to kill everyone on earth.

Time for the 'Rubber Room'.

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I'm waiting for the planted MAGA hat.

Just sayin...

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

II

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That's odd because most members have a sense of wanting to save lives not take them.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Lol. He also wrote a letter to a white supremacist leader in 2017 where he suggested a two pronged attack on food supply, biologically, or via bomb and gun attacks. The screenshot is just a cut from the comments on the article which are always fun.

Although I doubt he would've been good enough and able to shoot any of the high profile targets on his list, or more than one without being caught, he sounds like the type of guy who'd kill innocent people, then himself or in a fire fight with police. The problem with the fire fight, however valiant and a "better" way to go out (from their perspective) is that you might end up wounded and in that Colorado supermax they're sending El Chapo Guzman to or on deathrow.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
They will be covering everything with this one.

The whole shebang 😎

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Perhaps this guy needed to be taken off the streets. I don't know, but if so, great. But a couple of things bother me here.

1. He read a manifesto. So? I've read the Unabomber Manifesto. It was printed in the local paper. That doesn't mean I wanted to implement what he said. Indeed, for a PhD he wasn't a very good writer. I thought most of it was infantile and stupid. We have freedom to read, do we not? Even stuff the rest of us don't like. How about Mein Kampf? If you have a copy does that mean you hate Jews?

2. He "stockpiled over 1000 rounds of ammo!" This is always said breathlessly as if that's a huge amount. It isn't. 1,000 rounds would last you one week at a shooting school like Front Sight where you go through 200 rounds a day. Buying ammo at 20 or 50 rounds at a time is basically useless and expensive if you're ever going to practice at all at, you know, paper targets.

If this was a Bad Guy (tm) I'm glad they got him, but this sounds like hysteria to me.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
That's odd because most members have a sense of wanting to save lives not take them.

He doesn't appear to be a member interested in saving anyone, just wanted to cause more pain to feed the malevolent...

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Great, Vanilla ISIS. Just what we need.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
If this was a Bad Guy (tm) I'm glad they got him, but this sounds like hysteria to me.

Three months earlier, prosecutors say Hasson drafted an email to "friends" in which he said he was "dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on the earth. I think a plague would be most successful but how to I acquire the needed/ Spanish flu, botulism, anthrax not sure yet but will find something."

In the same email, Hasson mused: "Start with biological attacks followed by attack [sic] on food supply ... Two pronged [sic] attack seems it might before successful. Institute a bombing/sniper campaign."

Yes, because that kind of s# doesn't warrant extreme prudence. It's just hysteria on everyone's part.

You know folks, it pays to read the articles before posting...

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
CNN is already blaming President Trump..as they did after the fake letter bombs were received by Democrats and at CNN headquarters.

"There are unfortunate consequences when the President of the United States labels the News Media as the enemy of the people!"

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wait...If he wants to kill everyone that doesn't really make him racist. Sounds like he hates everyone equally, or is just a nutbag.

I'm sure the news is happy though, something to run for the next week to take peoples minds off of jussie and covington lawsuits.....

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

"There are unfortunate consequences when the President of the United States labels the News Media as the enemy of the people!"

Is it a good idea for POTUS to label the free press as the enemy of the people?
Is it a good idea for POTUS to suggest we need state-sponsored media?
Are those American ideals?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I'm waiting for the planted MAGA hat.

Just sayin...

Yea you can try to plant them but they never grow.

#magatreefail

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Also, I hate to sound like a broken record, but 1000 rounds of ammo isn't a "stockpile" of ammo.

It's literally a shoebox, in most cases. It's just not a lot of ammo, let alone a stockpile.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: carewemust

Is it a good idea for POTUS to label the free press as the enemy of the people?
Is it a good idea for POTUS to suggest we need state-sponsored media?
Are those American ideals?

YES!

NO.

Mixed.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Well he certainly sounds like a person to be investigated regarding threats.

However, he is innocently being called a "White Nationalist" see that there, not supremist, implying a reaĺ nutjob, but a White Nationalist, this way anyone supporting Trump by proxy you should be suspicious of.

Theres also nice word play with the so calĺed "stockpiling" of guns and ammo. 15 guns, is nothing, particularly for a collector, enthusiast, huntet, or gunsmith etc...

1000 rounds is a weekend for me depending on caliber. All the gun fear has raised prices so high buying in bulk is the only way so for common rounds like 9mm, .22, .38 etc..I buy in lots of 500.

To try to piggyback 15 guns, 1000 rounds and nationalism...oh and whiteness onto this alleged terrorist (due process dontcha know)is such obvious propoganda it wreaks.

If hes guilty, Im glad they got him.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
He hates his species and part of his country that the leader of his country down talks

The more some act like they don't see, the more some will be forced to see eventually.

It doesn't make sense that the whole world has to go into distress because of all the negative energy flying around emitted from a few.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well...at least we know this guy is not a racist.

He wanted to kill EVERYBODY.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join