It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barr vs Smolett and the Corrupt American Media...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Let’s compare the way the MSM has handled Barr vs. Smolett.

Roseanne Barr made an unfortunate tweet about Valerie Jarrett.

The tweet was in bad taste which she immediately began an apology tour.

Roseanne claimed said tweet was after a night time of drinking.

Now, let’s take a look at Smolett.

He set up a hate crime to fit a political narrative.

He claimed they put a noose around his neck.

He claimed they poured bleach on him.

He claimed he was also beaten up.

Worst of all, they had red MAGA hats on and said “This is MAGA country”.

What happened to Roseanne ?

Lost her television show and was cyber-lynched by the MSM.

What happened to Smolett ?

So far nothing. His TV show immediately said he won’t lose his job.

The media is out of control.

I predict (I hope I’m wrong) the people lashing out at the media.

It is a terrible feeling knowing your media is corrupt.

And, our media is extremely corrupt.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Rosanne is white and he is black.
Duh..

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Smollett had nothing to lose. One spoon-fed political sideshow after another, will it ever end and will people ever start wising up to their own manipulation?
edit on 2/20/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

We had a president from Arkansas that had multiple women accusing him of rape and assorted sexual misconduct and his victims were just a bunch of whores..

We also had a supreme court nominee that was accused of maybe being the guy that potentially touched a boob in highschool possibly maybe not sure it was him so hes a sexual predator...

So why exactly does this topic confuse you?
It's just business as usual in todays media.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
No misrepping the facts and biases here. But as usual, its a grain of salt and it'll be forgotten for the next media hype in a month(or tomorrow). And we just sit here and take it. I guess boycotting is something, but when half the world believes the MSM, its a pretty bleak outlook.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't use Roseanne as a comparative example.
Maybe it's just me, but she's not a very sympathetic character. I don't care for her anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
No misrepping the facts and biases here. But as usual, its a grain of salt and it'll be forgotten for the next media hype in a month(or tomorrow). And we just sit here and take it. I guess boycotting is something, but when half the world believes the MSM, its a pretty bleak outlook.

I am wondering how long the people will take it.

I do not want to see violence against the media.

I’m afraid it is coming...

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Of course there not gonna kick him off Empire, you ever try to make it through an episode of that $hlt? It’s horrible trash tv where everyone acts insane. He’s just staying in character.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with the "media"... They have no power to hire or fire Roseanne or Smollett.

It all comes down to the individual network they had/have a contract with and who the network chooses to be associated with.

If your pissed about Smollett not being fired, then take it up with the Fox Broadcasting Company... If you think Roseanne being cancelled was an injustice, then take it up with ABC.

Like seriously, no offence... but get a grip.

There's no big conspiracy against the right here... Just a simple business decision.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I wouldn't use Roseanne as a comparative example.
Maybe it's just me, but she's not a very sympathetic character. I don't care for her anyway.

I don’t care for her either.

It’s just the media lined up and destroyed her.

This guy committed a crime and nothing will happen to him.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Every time you turn on the TV to receive the main stream media 'news', just pretend that everything you are seeing is one giant green-screen information manipulation-fest. Then do some further reading to determine just how far off the mark the MSM is in what they are collectively saying.
(remember that vid of all the MSM bobbleheads saying the EXACT same phrase across all networks and all states?)

Then things start to take on a degree of clarity.

Smoletts conduct is like Hillarys 2016 campaign - one giant deception based on projection.

Propaganda hides your scum

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

It has nothing to do with the "media"... They have no power to hire or fire Roseanne or Smollett.

It all comes down to the individual network they had/have a contract with and who the network chooses to be associated with.

If your pissed about Smollett not being fired, then take it up with the Fox Broadcasting Company... If you think Roseanne being cancelled was an injustice, then take it up with ABC.

There's no big conspiracy against the right here... Just a simple business decision.

How can you say that ?

Roseanne wasn’t a business decision. It cost the Network a fortune.

This guy purposefully set up a hate crime and blamed Trump.

We can agree to disagree. You’re entitled to your opinion.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

So the media doesn't influence public opinion and thus, advertisers?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 20-2-2019 by AgarthaSeed because: Oops

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The MSM is targetting Roseanne because she is starting to break her silence on MK -Ultra mind control. I have been keeping track of Roseannes videos for awhile. There is a reason they want to drag her name through the mudd. It is unfortunate that she made a drunken tweet though. But hopefully that doesn't bring down the message she is trying to give to the people.

This is one of her latest videos uploaded on youtube on February 18 2019.

No matter what mistake Roseanne did, we should be willing to forgive her mistakes because she is unto something that has been within many conspiracy topics for decades.

This is the video she uploaded 2 days ago.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Just because it was arguably a bad business decision, doesn't mean it wasn't a 'business decision'.

ABC didn't want their network to be associated with Roseanne and her twitter comments.... Where as, Fox broadcasting company could care less about being associated with Smolett and his mock racist attack claim.

Smolett isn't as anywhere near high profile as Roseanne either. So what he did is basically in one ear and out the other for most people... Where as that whole Rosanne thing would have probably plagued ABC's family friendly reputation for years to come, if they had of stood by her

That's all it comes down to.... a calculated business decision.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have always disliked Roseanne. I thought it was funny what the news media did to her. How's that white privilege work again?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Just because it was arguably a bad business decision, doesn't mean it wasn't a 'business decision'.

ABC didn't want their network to be associated with Roseanne and her twitter comments.... Where as, Fox broadcasting company could care less about being associated with Smolett and his mock racist attack claim.

Smolett isn't as anywhere near high profile as Roseanne either. So what he did is basically in one ear and out the other for most people... Where as that whole Rosanne thing would have probably plagued ABC's family friendly reputation for years to come, if they had of stood by her

That's all it comes down to.... a calculated business decision.

The media has a huge impact in situations like this. Business cares about public opinion and brand impact. If the people are being told day in day out that a person is toxic, then they will make a decision for the good of the business.

This is obvious - even for a child.

You choose to deny it because your brain prefers to deal in fantasy as opposed to the truth.
edit on 20/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Let’s compare the way the MSM has handled Barr vs. Smolett.

Roseanne Barr made an unfortunate tweet about Valerie Jarrett.

The tweet was in bad taste which she immediately began an apology tour.

Roseanne claimed said tweet was after a night time of drinking.

Now, let’s take a look at Smolett.

He set up a hate crime to fit a political narrative.

He claimed they put a noose around his neck.

He claimed they poured bleach on him.

He claimed he was also beaten up.

Worst of all, they had red MAGA hats on and said “This is MAGA country”.

What happened to Roseanne ?

Lost her television show and was cyber-lynched by the MSM.

What happened to Smolett ?

So far nothing. His TV show immediately said he won’t lose his job.

The media is out of control.

I predict (I hope I’m wrong) the people lashing out at the media.

It is a terrible feeling knowing your media is corrupt.

And, our media is extremely corrupt.

Whoah, what did I miss? Did he get arrested? Did the police say it was all a hoax?

No link in your post. Can you link me to this news please?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a thread on this site...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join