It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQ group severs ties with tennis great Martina Navratilova after remarks on trans athletes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't do Tumblr

You don't do common sense and science anymore either I guess.

Too bad because you used to be a great thread starter and poster.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

a reply to: JDmOKI

I don't watch blood sport, thanks.
Don't really care, actually. Boxing is brutal.

But it's an interesting article, don't you think? A trans man winning against a real man?

All jacked up on testosterone and steroids...what a shocker.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
@ScepticScot

You shouldn't support their delusions.

We don't support the delusions of people that think they are Al Capone or Abraham Lincoln and we don't accept that a person with 23 different personalities actually IS 23 different people.

If we don't normalize and accept those delusions and insanity why accept this particular strain of insane delusions?

You may feel that you are a woman but that is completely irrelevant as you will never be an actual woman. Not sexually and not genetically.

These are crazy people with serious mental problems and screwed up brain chemistry. They need help not enabling.
edit on 20-2-2019 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Next thing you know, trans men will be winning pro boxing matches. Dogs and cats, living together.

Manuel was assigned female at birth, but long struggled with his gender identity, rejecting the many ways society and his family forced him to live as a girl. His mother thought of him as a “tomboy”, but he knew he was different. He didn’t, however, have the basic language to understand his identity and there were simply no role models or media representation to teach him: “I didn’t even know trans men existed.”

www.theguardian.com...

Yeah? Thats
pretty funny, you should tell that joke to Tamikka Brents, who got a concussion, broke eye socket and required 7 staples in her head after fighting a trans woman in an MMA match.

Or the other two women who fought the trans woman and got KO'd in the 1st round, they would probably actually think it was funnier, since the trans didnt fess up to being born a man until after those two victories, so at least Tamikka knew she was facing off against a man.

Tamikka Brents:

“I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because she was born a man or not because I’m not a doctor. I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right,” she stated. “Her grip was different, I could usually move around in the clinch against other females but couldn’t move at all in Fox’s clinch.”

Manuel won at a Disadvantage. Manuel was not born with:

1. greater muscle mass on average [and a large portion of it is "fast-twitch", which allows men to generate greater force, speed and anaerobically produced energy]

2. higher aerobic capacity [VO2max] on average

3. less body fat

4. more hemoglobin

5. more muscle mass

6. a larger heart

7. larger lungs

8. longer and larger bones on average which gives men mechanical advantages over women, since they have greater leverage, increased height and larger frames to support muscle.

9.higher density bones

10. tougher ligaments, making one less prone to injury

But... "Oh my gosh, cats and dogs living together under one roof?? Oh my gosh that wreaks havoc on my redneck sensibilities! It's just because I'm a backwards thinking Trump supporter that I am against this! I just dont like women or trans people in the workplace yeah that must be it!!!"

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There is a M-F fighter in the UFC..Fallon Fox, has fractured the skull of one opponent(not a typical injury). She was a man for 30 years or so. I just don't think its fair.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yes, that's Fallon Fox!

I forgot the fact she fought twice before coming out.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-2-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
@ScepticScot

You shouldn't support their delusions.

We don't support the delusions of people that think they are Al Capone or Abraham Lincoln and we don't accept that a person with 23 different personalities actually IS 23 different people.

If we don't normalize and accept those delusions and insanity why accept this particular strain of insane delusions?

You may feel that you are a woman but that is completely irrelevant as you will never be an actual woman. Not sexually and not genetically.

These are crazy people with serious mental problems and screwed up brain chemistry. They need help not enabling.

1.The majority of medical experts and researchers in the field don't consider it a delusion so why should I.

2. Even if it was a delusion it is a near completely benign one. It costs me nothing to extend the courtesy of using preferred pronouns or treat people with respect. Treating them as they want to be treated seems a lot healthier for both them and me.

3. Gender fundamentally is a social concept, if someone chooses to take a different role (or none) then why not.

There are times when sex counts more than gender, but out with these exceptions why worry about it?

edit on 21-2-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Martina is well aware that those supporting these nutbar gender issues are non-humanitarian in their ultimate intentions and she knows they are all marking themselves....she also knows that one day there will be a societal correction and these marks will be the downfall of many people who believe they have personal rights that eclipse Humanities right to survive.Go Martina go.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Very proud of Martina speaking the truth.

She has more intelligence in her pinky than the total of those pull-the-string Chatty Cathys blindly spewing agenda data points like sheep farting.

You GO, Martina!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
this has nothing to do with gay politics. This is about the fact that Martina escaped communism and they have never forgotten it.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Heard about this, it's really indicative of the lefts problems these days.

It's literally an "all in" mentality and if you object even one bit, your shunned and cast out. No matter who you are or what you've actually accomplished for "the movement".

Not going to end well.

Just so you know, when you encompass the entire Left in this, it is the same as encompassing all the conservatives as Nazi KKK supporters. I do not think most liberals believe that transgender males should be able to compete as females.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Maria is right, why aren't there any sports standards in place separating this confusing issue?

Navratilova, it’s well worth noting, was an early champion of Renee Richards, the first transgender woman pro tennis player, who later even served as the star’s coach. And Navratilova makes “a critical distinction” between those who, like Richards, have had gender-reassignment surgery and those who merely “identify” as female and take hormones.

Even with hormone treatment, transgender women have more muscle mass and bone density and higher levels of oxygen-carrying red blood cells, which aid athletic ability. That’s a real issue, especially at the high school and college levels, where students are also competing for scholarships.

nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Heard about this, it's really indicative of the lefts problems these days.

It's literally an "all in" mentality and if you object even one bit, your shunned and cast out. No matter who you are or what you've actually accomplished for "the movement".

Not going to end well.

Just so you know, when you encompass the entire Left in this, it is the same as encompassing all the conservatives as Nazi KKK supporters. I do not think most liberals believe that transgender males should be able to compete as females.

You got that right!!

edit on 21-2-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
No reason for me to address the man/woman competition thing...the facts prove this.

However...the idea of the left eating their own is a fun topic. This is what happens when anarchy breaks out and this anarchy was caused by the group that it has infected...the left. When you make a bunch of stupid, unintelligent statements...when you lie and call it fact...when you hate others just because they disagree with you...you set yourself up to not only deal your hate at the right...but eventually at everyone. This type of stupidity and anarchy has no bounds...it has a forever supply of enemies as it makes each and every person besides the individual...the enemy...eventually.

If you are anti-abortion but a Democrat...get out! If you don't believe in taxing people at 90% because an equal percentage is the only fair percentage...get out! Etc.

There is an old Twilight Zone (I believe). The world is going to end (I forget why) and one man is chosen to decide who lives and who dies. Something about leaving Earth on a space ship. This Genius of a man is given the paperwork on all humans on the planet...chooses those who should survive and who shouldn't. How he completed such a task is questionable but he does. When he arrives on the space ship...he realizes he is alone.

This is where the left is heading and there is no stopping it. THAT MAKES ME HAPPY! One day in the future, they will be nothing but a sad memory of wasted possibility. But I will smile.
edit on 22-2-2019 by QuittingHeaven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

edit on 22-2-2019 by Sapphire because: wrong post

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A few years back I recall a Thai transgender (male-to-female) kickboxer who competed very successfully against other men, and the only issue at that time was that she didn't want to weigh in completely nude with all the male officials and athletes in the same room (as is apparently usually the rule, or custom).

She actually started crying, and was eventually allowed to wear her top and trunks - problem solved.

All this would have been unimaginable just a few years back.

And this was only in 2017, but at that stage nobody even suggested Rose should compete against biologically born women!

How quickly times change.
edit on 22-2-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Make it simple, allow everyone to compete in women's sports. All or nothing. Where would be the fair cutoff point? Men who have estrogen in their bodies (as all do) should be allowed as well.

Someone needs to put a stop to this. How many years of development with male chromosomes and hormone levels should be allowed? Should biological women be allowed to take steroids to even the playing field?

Trans women, born as men, should not be barred from playing in men's sports leagues. If born-men trans women are allowed to compete with born women in womens sports, it will basically destroy born-women's ability to compete in their sports.

Form a trans league and compete fair. Cowards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join