It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This months Newham mag has gays and drag queens teaching little boys and girls

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Halfswede

The gay gene is easily disapproved. It has been shown by twin studies alone that there is no rock-solid genetic link. Sure there may be some nebulous genetic factors that might predispose you to it that same way some genes may predispose you to some cancers which is to say a small percentage chance boost that doesn't mean much of anything in the end. Not like the known factors for sickle cell or cystic fibrosis are for example.

I do believe nurture plays a small role in sexual orientation. We see identical twins one gay one straight. So there is no straight forward gene that causes someone to be gay. I did read an interesting article that made the case that the mother's immune system causes the supression of Gene's which could lead to the child being gay.

I remember part of the argument is gay children tend to be the youngest Male in the family. The mother builds up an immunity to males Gene's in her bloodstream and her body attacks them. This is why you rarely have your first Male child become gay. Odds were less than 1 percent but can go as high 20 percent for a second child if the mother has built up antibodies.
edit on 2/22/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Halfswede

The gay gene is easily disapproved. It has been shown by twin studies alone that there is no rock-solid genetic link. Sure there may be some nebulous genetic factors that might predispose you to it that same way some genes may predispose you to some cancers which is to say a small percentage chance boost that doesn't mean much of anything in the end. Not like the known factors for sickle cell or cystic fibrosis are for example.

I do believe nurture plays a small role in sexual orientation. We see identical twins one gay one straight. So there is no straight forward gene that causes someone to be gay. I did read an interesting article that made the case that the mother's immune system causes the supression of Gene's which could lead to the child being gay.

I remember part of the argument is gay children tend to be the youngest Male in the family. The mother builds up an immunity to males Gene's in her bloodstream and her body attacks them. This is why you rarely have your first Male child become gay. Odds were less than 1 percent but can go as high 20 percent for a second child if the mother has built up antibodies.

I don't mean to be critical, but the evidence shows the opposite of ," nurture plays a small role". It shows at least far greater than 50% and the best evidence to date shows no more than 8-12% genetic "influence".

I found the study you are referencing, andI am glad you are reading instead of just eating up headlines, however even you made an assertion that, " This is why you rarely have your first Male child become gay". That is not what that study showed. It showed a slightly higher rate in the already very small number that were building up this antibody. Among the normal population, there was no difference.

They had 48 paticipants in the study who had a gay son and that included those that weren't gay, but were "likely to become gay" because they had gender disphoria. Reduce that number to ones with older brothers and your sample size is ridiculously low to be making any assertions at all.

All of the number were p-values near 0.001 with respect to the combined effects of these antibodies. This is absurdly small and The correlation values they show are the opposite of convincing even without doing a correlation significance check.
For reference, a value near 1 or -1 indicates good correlation. Near zero indicates no correlation. Their's were −0.153 to −0.229.

The only reason this level of "science" is even published is because there is an agenda that is grasping at straws where science is failing to back them up and will take a 0.2 correlation as gold where normally one wouldn't touch that kind of result.

Overall, these "headline studies" are akin to the situation in medicine where a trial shows a change from 0.1% to 0.15% and the headlines read ,"50% improved effectiveness" and the media runs with that alone.

Again, I am happy to see that you are reading, and studies can be confusing, but science needs to be looked at scientifically, not from media headlines or someone's layperson article assertion after reading the conclusion of a study.

edit on 23-2-2019 by Halfswede because: added link to study

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rokal

You cannot change a persons sexuality by just being around them, you sexuality is hard wired into your DNA

Many homosexuals argue that they cannot change. Some assert, “I cannot help it; I was born a homosexual.” Or, they may say that homosexuality is the result of their rearing or that it is hardwired into their DNA (often based on rather questionable things they've heard or read in news articles about scientific publications designed to cater to the market that wants to hear this kind of stuff, wants their ears to be tickled according to their desires; which influences those publications more than the actual inconclusive genomic data). There are, no doubt, many social and emotional factors involved in a person’s turning from heterosexual to homosexual relationships, and the root causes of homosexuality may not be known. But no one should fatalistically argue that ‘I cannot help it.’ Why?

Because the bulk of available information agrees with the statement that homosexuals CAN change. Nothing but the person himself forces an individual to remain homosexual. Does that statement sound too strong to you? Well, consider the evidence.

Why do they not change?

As one reads material on the subject or talks to homosexuals, one is struck by this fact: Homosexuals want to be homosexuals. An article largely sympathetic to the homosexual movement appeared in the Minneapolis Tribune, May 14, 1972. Notice the writer’s observations:

“Behind all of this, one senses the unspoken fear that some factor might be found in research that would make it seem possible to change a gay into a straight. They wouldn’t want this. They are happy in their gayness. They don’t want to be straight.

“Lena Hardin, who is coordinator with Mike McConnell of Gay House’s speaking bureau, put it this way: ‘The only advantage to being straight is that you no longer would be different. Other people’s concepts and considerations of you would be altered. And, to tell you the truth, it’s not all that valuable. I still want to be what I am.’”

Notice, no appeal to being ‘born homosexual’. The individuals involved just plainly say: “I still want to be what I am.”

Since a person chooses to be homosexual, it is his thinking that has been affected, urging him to make that sexual preference. Thus an American explains the process by which his reasoning was won over to the homosexual viewpoint: “Homosexuality is the product of very complicated conditioning over an extended period of time . . . [Homosexuals] deliberately go through a brainwashing experience​—‘I’m gay and I’m proud. I’m beautiful.’ This is reverse therapy.”

This thinking is at the core of homosexuality and its popularity amongst a growing number of people. One could stop being homosexual only if one no longer thought like a homosexual and no longer had their desires. Then why is it, that even though some may want to change, more do not change?

An interviewer for the Long Island (New York) Press asked a converted homosexual this same question. In answer, the man said:

“In the first place, there’s the widespread belief that it’s impossible. Second, thousands of unhappy homosexuals have no resources to get into expensive therapy. Third, fear of exposure inhibits a lot of men.”

Though many psychiatrists and others have given the impression that a person cannot change, this man’s experience shows otherwise. He admits to knowing six other men who have also changed.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Feb 23 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS ADDED

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rokal
Stop being an idiot. You cannot change a straight person gay and vice versa. When these children grow, sure some might be gay, that doesn't mean anything.

Stop fearing gay people and drag queens. One more thing I find people like you are usually the kind of people who hate what they are hiding from the world, is this true with you?

Who's being an idiot? You must not have children and if you do I feel sorry for them. Children are sponges and YES you can change a childs mind from straight to gay especially if people keep feeding them this narrative that it is normal to be gay. Same goes for religious families who brainwash their children at young ages to the point they either lash out and become complete rebels and go against their parents or they become submissive through out their whole lives because that is all they know to be right (according to their parents). To sit there think Children are not at risk to being brainwashed by this nonsense is just pure ignorance.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

Thanks for your support!

Unfortunately some people refuse to listen or accept they have problems and need help.

When someone starts to hear voices, they are sent to a psychiatric ward but when someone of the same sex, especially male proceed to have relationships with other males, it's percieved to be normal and no trip to the psychiatric ward is needed.

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
jidnum - I grew up surrounded by straight people and I wasn't brainwashed into being heterosexual.I grew up in a culture where every character on TV and in films was straight and I wasn't brainwashed into being a heterosexual. I grew up on a planet where people are killed and imprisoned for being gay and I wasn't brainwashed into being a heterosexual. I think it's safe for gay people to read storybooks to children...

When I was small my mother's second husband used to beat her up in front of her kids. He threw her down the stairs while she was pregnant. He dragged her down the street by her hair, stopping once in a while to knee her in the face. The only person who stepped in to physically defend her was me (I was 8 or 9). He was also neurotic about me growing up to be a "poofter" and he made my life hell. There was barely a day went by without him devising some harebrained scheme to make me more like him (i.e. a heterosexual male) and it didn't work. It's terrifying how many damaging kinds of behaviour straight people expose children to and think nothing of it.

Being gay is a more complicated mindset than you will ever understand. I was born gay, but it was also my choice, and I won't be shamed for either. It's not a lifestyle I'd recommend - at least not for the weak of heart. People will make sweeping generalisations based on your sexuality and they'll do their best to make you feel worthless.

On the other hand, being gay is the ultimate red pill. You're an outsider, even if well intentioned people tell you that you're not. You see how the world really works. You see how our planet rewards compliance and punishes transgression. You see how people thrive on making others feel small and the insidious ways they justify it to themselves. You see that casual cruelty is an integral part of human nature. You come face to face with the mechanism that allows wars, genocide and human rights violations to happen. You also learn to love basic human decency.

I'm surprised to see a thread like this on Above Top Secret. Not because it's peddling thinly veiled, hateful, navel gazing, faux insightful bollocks but because it's massively over simplistic.
edit on 28-2-2019 by DigitalGhost because: Quoted post missing

edit on 28-2-2019 by DigitalGhost because: neatness

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalGhost
jidnum - I grew up surrounded by straight people and I wasn't brainwashed into being heterosexual.I grew up in a culture where every character on TV and in films was straight and I wasn't brainwashed into being a heterosexual. I grew up on a planet where people are killed and imprisoned for being gay and I wasn't brainwashed into being a heterosexual. I think it's safe for gay people to read storybooks to children...

When I was small my mother's second husband used to beat her up in front of her kids. He threw her down the stairs while she was pregnant. He dragged her down the street by her hair, stopping once in a while to knee her in the face. The only person who stepped in to physically defend her was me (I was 8 or 9). He was also neurotic about me growing up to be a "poofter" and he made my life hell. There was barely a day went by without him devising some harebrained scheme to make me more like him (i.e. a heterosexual male) and it didn't work. It's terrifying how many damaging kinds of behaviour straight people expose children to and think nothing of it.

Being gay is a more complicated mindset than you will ever understand. I was born gay, but it was also my choice, and I won't be shamed for either. It's not a lifestyle I'd recommend - at least not for the weak of heart. People will make sweeping generalisations based on your sexuality and they'll do their best to make you feel worthless.

On the other hand, being gay is the ultimate red pill. You're an outsider, even if well intentioned people tell you that you're not. You see how the world really works. You see how our planet rewards compliance and punishes transgression. You see how people thrive on making others feel small and the insidious ways they justify it to themselves. You see that casual cruelty is an integral part of human nature. You come face to face with the mechanism that allows wars, genocide and human rights violations to happen. You also learn to love basic human decency.

I'm surprised to see a thread like this on Above Top Secret. Not because it's peddling thinly veiled, hateful, navel gazing, faux insightful bollocks but because it's massively over simplistic.

Yeah, simplistic, because I guess some or most people here never got out and really partied hard.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join