It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Statue Depicting V-J Day Kiss Vandalized With '#MeToo' Paint

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Guess the Imperial Japanese were the good guys then?

I hear they treated women great. Especially the Chinese and Korean "comfort women".
edit on -060008am2kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

There’s another person in the frame, one nobody even knew to look for, who makes the image that much more poignant: Rita Petry, the future wife of that sailor, George Mendonsa.

“I really liked him, but I didn’t know I was the future wife,” Rita tells The Post. “I guess I thought he looked nice or something.”

Married!

Back then, it was just one of those things: “Obviously, to do that today — it’s not such a good idea,” says Lawrence Verria, co-author of “The Kissing Sailor.” “But in Times Square, 1945, they hear the war’s over — it’s not such a bad idea.

edit on 20-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: uncommitted

Try again.

There's nothing more pathetic than a feminist.

Oh there is, check your mirror out and you'll see something a lot more pathetic based on your post

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: uncommitted

I wonder how many feminists would have survived the Bataan death march.

Or been pulled out of the water of the USS Indianapolis torpedoing.

You don't get much more pathetic than statements like that - are you suggesting said feminists wouldn't have survived because they are female or because of their views? Either is fairly puerile, have you ever wondered if you are actually part of the problem?

I know you were just trying to make a point but I will toss an answer there..

Their views, most hard core feminists I have know are pretty vocal about their rights and about telling guys what to do etc... the Japanese during the death march would have bayonetted them in a heart beat for not shutting up and for being disrespectful.

lol, I'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make, does that mean it's better to live as a mouse than die as a lion?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

You don't get much more pathetic than statements like that - are you suggesting said feminists wouldn't have survived because they are female or because of their views? Either is fairly puerile, have you ever wondered if you are actually part of the problem?

Neo and I seldom see eye to eye. We've agreed on one thing, ONCE, in all my years on here.

This is the second time I agree with him. And I'm female. He's right on the observation, they wouldn't have made it back alive from either event. They may have the strength to flap their gums a lot, but I highly doubt a feminist today would live through a real life or death atrocity. They wouldn't have the inner strength to.

That's your opinion based on a ridiculous stereotype you have in your mind, sad, but that's ATS for you these days isn't it? All about when men were men, women knew their place and pathetic children boast their bigoted views on websites such as this. Sad days really.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, I guess I'll just sit here on the internet and complain about it. That'll surely change things.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I hear they treated women great. Especially the Chinese and Korean "comfort women".

yeah i guess cannibalism,dissection and experimentation on them was just them being overly kind toward them.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I know you were just trying to make a point but I will toss an answer there..

Their views, most hard core feminists I have know are pretty vocal about their rights and about telling guys what to do etc... the Japanese during the death march would have bayonetted them in a heart beat for not shutting up and for being disrespectful.

lol, I'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make, does that mean it's better to live as a mouse than die as a lion?

better to not die at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Like blm, me too was heavily warped by political strategies and messaging
a reply to: AtlasHawk

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
They are just deconstructing white toxic masculinity guys. /s

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Yes, as the Japanese are people of color my sociology professor instructed me that they couldn’t be in the wrong in their fight against racist white America. Their treatment of the Chinese and Koreans was due to internalized whiteness..

Edit, I’ve actually had people tell me racism in east Asia was taught by whites.
edit on 20-2-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
At least they waited till he was gone. Shouldn't vandalize at all but hard to believe they waited so long.

Baby it's cold outside you had better bend over.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Neo and I seldom see eye to eye. We've agreed on one thing, ONCE, in all my years on here.

This is the second time I agree with him. And I'm female. He's right on the observation, they wouldn't have made it back alive from either event. They may have the strength to flap their gums a lot, but I highly doubt a feminist today would live through a real life or death atrocity. They wouldn't have the inner strength to.

That's your opinion based on a ridiculous stereotype you have in your mind, sad, but that's ATS for you these days isn't it? All about when men were men, women knew their place and pathetic children boast their bigoted views on websites such as this. Sad days really.

So, opting for angrily swinging blindly without a good refutation, are you?

I should have bet money on that one. I said nothing of gender roles or who's place is where. You did, however. Which is a very predictable "I don't have anything to come back with" method of empty arguing. Mouthing off for the sake of mouthing off, in other words.

As far as stereotypes go, you strike me as one of the better examples of a Participant Trophy-collecting, wet-behind-the-ears, whiny 20-something woman with an axe to grind without provocation. You know what's said of stereotypes, all of them have grains of truth to them? Yeah, you're not helping anyone out with that route. Good job at bolstering the stereotype there

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

In their race to push a form of symbolism that only their own abstract thinking can comprehend, they deface real objects to do so. They should build their own monuments, not destroy others. What a shame.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Pretty scummy thing to do, let me make that clear, because the next part will trigger some (most).

If one wanted to create false outrage, this is how you’d do it.

False outrage is best defined by the left. And it's not intangible.. it is actually, often, tactile.

But you knew this.

said obviously triggered right leaning dude.

ffs

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
destroy all statues

Haha glad you caught that also

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I’d put money on this being done by a douche for a laugh.
Even militant feminists couldn’t be that stupid.

If it’s just a bit of paint that can be scrubbed off then I reckon it’s pretty funny.
Whoever did it is a master troll

Nah, think about it man..

that dude grabbed a stranger and assaulted her by forcing a kiss on her.

he's an evil white supremacist nazi baby killer, and he assaulted that poor woman just going about her business as a parade for welcoming home men from war.

it was a different time then, and now we must destroy all memory of such things. In 1,000,000 years people will find old compact discs, and on viewing them, will be in shock.. "He kissed her? That barbarian."

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Try again.

There's nothing more pathetic than a feminist.

Feminists are cool man, don't ridicule them...
MGTOW otoh, are ridiculous and obnoxious incels, man..

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I once read or saw a video that said the girl was ok with this and liked the kiss.

Anyone remember that?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

When its about survival your best bet is to shut your mouth and focus on not getting executed... according to my instructors at survival school.

The Rambo stunts just get other people hurt, when you need to lean on each other to try and survive.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join