It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Begging for free service wtf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Are you a high class prostitute or something? Why didnt you mention your trade?

Does it matter? I don't work or twerk for free. Show me da money!

I was gonna call for a free appointment.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here's mine worked with my family on commission as sales reps. So we get our commission statement one month and there is almost 5 grand deducted. Now the commission check pays for everything our rent expenses and salaries etc. Come to find out our sister ordered dresses for a friends daughter's wedding and essentially either gave them away her story, or had here friend pay the cost and kept the money.... this among other things why I dont work with my family anymore...I mean damn she wasnt my friend why am I paying for it?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yes! Alllll the time, seriously all the time.

I have two hobbies, sewing and gardening.I know I am really good at both, and have actually won awards for my gardens.
I stopped talking about it because people will really try to take advantage of it.

I had a friend ask if I could "quickly" alter her dress after for a wedding she was attending. I said sure.
She came over with ten pieces of clothing. I told her straight up that I could do the dress but that's it. I may
or may not have accidentally left pins in that dress.

As for my garden, I've had neighbors straight up ask if I could do their yard too. Ummm NO. Just because I take
a lot of pride in my yard doesn't mean I want to do other people's yards!

My husband was a professional painter while he was going to college, his dad owned a painting company.
You would not believe relatives wanting him to paint an entire house etc.

But yes, basically people are both cheap and brazen! I would never expect a friend or family member to perform a skill or craft for free.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I also stopped fixing my friends computers. I will almost flat out refuse to do so now. My one exception to this rule is catastrophic boot failure. I will if I can make it start and tell them to back up, or how to fix it, I will go no further. I will not do the repairs anymore for free. It's just I do empathize with losing files as its happened to me.

We weren't rich my family, and we did something called bartering. I really wish we could get the younger generations back into bartering. It could be trading something simple like time, or one field of expertise for another. I fully admit this wasn't always an equal trade but it evens out in the end. Looking at the monetary value isn't always how this works, you trade in essence your time, or something that is useful to the other.

I'll give you an example. Years ago in Oregon while on the road in a van we had a flat. Getting the spare out, we discovered it was flat as well, and we were just sitting there without the funds to go buy a new tire, in some small town in the middle of nowhere. This old country looking man in a pickup pulls up and points out we have a flat, to which we agreed. He asked about the spare, and we showed it to be flat too. Old man mentions his friend has a garage down the road and he'd be happy to give one of us a lift to go get a tire fixed. We mention the financial situation and this old man just does a sherlock scan of the van and points "friend mentioned he was needing a new tape measure." So I took a ride, a flat tire and a tape measure and came back with a working tire. Solved.

Now that story is just good timing and luck, but the people involved had a different way of thinking I propose could be beneficial to society as a whole.

If someone helps you offer something back, anything, make a damn effort. If you ask for something, always offer something back. Be it time, a hand, a skill, or a small thing they might have use for.

Anyway that's my rant inside a rant...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join