It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shamima Begum Who Left The UK To Join ISIS Is To Be Stripped Of Her U.K. Citizenship

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
She met the UK criteria for being a citizen and had a UK passport.

To be fair, she also meets the criteria to be a Bangladeshi citizen. Besides, she used her sisters passport, so whether she actually had a British passport is moot. Her lawyers need to press Bangladesh to sort her Bangladeshi citizenship, so she can go to a country more akin to her values. She's already said she does not agree with all British values.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It's not like she would be even or ever be safe if she were allowed to come home.

Bangladeshi citizenship may indeed be the better option.

It's the poor kid i feel for, imagine being born into the middle of this crap?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: ScepticScot
She met the UK criteria for being a citizen and had a UK passport.

To be fair, she also meets the criteria to be a Bangladeshi citizen. Besides, she used her sisters passport, so whether she actually had a British passport is moot. Her lawyers need to press Bangladesh to sort her Bangladeshi citizenship, so she can go to a country more akin to her values. She's already said she does not agree with all British values.

Lots of people don't agree with all British values.

I would say right to a trial is a key British value which would suggest the majority of posters on here should lose their citizenship.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No, I don't think they change too much regarding Brexit.

But post-Brexit?
We need strong leaders and politicians of conviction.....I don't agree with their stance on the EU, as you are more than aware, but I have enormous regard for what they have done.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Apparently Bangladesh has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to terrorists....the Dutch have said the same.

But it seems we don't.....quite bizarre really.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
However, Bangladesh and Holland have denied her right to citizenship (which she doesn't have with them, that was simply grapsing at straws). And it is illegal under international law to leave a person stateless. So it looks increasingly likely that the Home Secretary will have to back down on his stance.

Well, I posted some of the legal elements in an earlier post, which I shamelessly link to www.abovetopsecret.com...

The position of the UK Government is that she's not being left stateless because under Bangladeshi law she is automatically a citizen on account of her mother's origin. The fact that Bangladesh has said they don't want her is besides the point, because under their law she's a Bangladeshi citizen.

It's almost certain her lawyers will appeal the decision, and then I guess we will wait to see what happens. I am all for legal process, so no objection that she's going to use a legal system she would doubtlessly like to replace with something else, having had all the judges beheaded and women raped and sent into slavery.

In the Caliphate she went to join she would have had no rights and there would have been recognisable law. It's a odd world for sure, eh?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well, we certainly need something, that's a given.

Thing is it does not appear to be the crap thats in the post.

Delivering Brexit has already cost this nation an arm and a leg.

God knows what they are going to cut off next, coz there's not that much left to be honest.

Unless you are a Tory(which your not) with applicable offshore assent and bank account, Brexit is going to sting with almost certainty, and a hard Brexit, well that will put us on our arse for sure.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Flavian
However, Bangladesh and Holland have denied her right to citizenship (which she doesn't have with them, that was simply grapsing at straws). And it is illegal under international law to leave a person stateless. So it looks increasingly likely that the Home Secretary will have to back down on his stance.

Well, I posted some of the legal elements in an earlier post, which I shamelessly link to www.abovetopsecret.com...

The position of the UK Government is that she's not being left stateless because under Bangladeshi law she is automatically a citizen on account of her mother's origin. The fact that Bangladesh has said they don't want her is besides the point, because under their law she's a Bangladeshi citizen.

It's almost certain her lawyers will appeal the decision, and then I guess we will wait to see what happens. I am all for legal process, so no objection that she's going to use a legal system she would doubtlessly like to replace with something else, having had all the judges beheaded and women raped and sent into slavery.

In the Caliphate she went to join she would have had no rights and there would have been recognisable law. It's a odd world for sure, eh?

The Home Secratry has confirmed he won't remove her citizenship if it leaves her stateless.

news-sky-com.cdn.ampproject.org... mp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.sky.com%2Fstory%2Fi-will-not-lea ve-shamima-begum-stateless-says-home-secretary-11643393

If Bangladesh says she is not a citizen and Begum doesn't challenge that (sndvwhy would she) then she will remain a UK citizen.

Not sure if it's possible for UK government to challenge the Bangladeshi decision or if they would want the international fallout.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Apparently Bangladesh has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to terrorists....the Dutch have said the same.

But it seems we don't.....quite bizarre really.

WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS *unless its within our own interests

IRA , ISIS, Taliban, Daesh , etc

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I'd like her to see her day in court , so we can send a message to anyone who has similar ideas, UK citizen sure, run away to support an enemy of the state then face trial for an act of sedition , treason , conspiracy with a known enemy of the people.

Then lock her up for life!

make a crown court case out of it and enshrine it into UK law

but then others would only say that its paving the way for any government to cry foul of your ideology, and that your 2 week trip to Ibiza in the summer was a recruitment camp for (insert abbreviated flavour of the month terror group here)
you are now radicalised and will face a trial by your peers for sedition, treason and conspiracy with a known terror group upon your return to the UK.

Im sceptic of this because it could pave the way for more government control , I mean you already get locked up for criticising the tory party with an A4 piece of paper saying "# off tory #s" in your living room window
then what does joining a rebel group who actively fights against the UK armed forces inter ?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Naw, but we do arm, supply, and create Terrorists via some very spurious nefarious third parties.

Get Begum tae hell, and send the politicians, arms manufacturers, bankers, ISIS and other corporate bastards that profit from all this fear and destruction with her.

Pap them all on the one wee island and pay to view televise what happens next is my thinking on the matter.........but not this wee island all the same. LoL

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

aye , Scotland will probably end up taking her like Big Al Megrahi

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Trump will be apt to build a wall around his Golf course then i imagine.

I'm not afraid of Terrorists, politicians on the other hand, well they are very dangerous indeed.
edit on 21-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

agreed you have more to fear from a politician than a terrorist , one will try to kill you on sight the other will shake your hand kiss your baby then stab you in the back .

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
And Jeramy Corbyn in full blown libtardness has said she need to be brought back ans supported by the state.

There are times I think of voting labor due to the complete ineptness of the tory's......the Corbyn says something #ing stupid like this and a realize how off the loony liberal deep end the UK will go

Corbyn in all his terrorist sympathizer glory.
edit on 21-2-2019 by ApacheHelicopetr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: ScepticScot

I'd like her to see her day in court , so we can send a message to anyone who has similar ideas, UK citizen sure, run away to support an enemy of the state then face trial for an act of sedition , treason , conspiracy with a known enemy of the people.

Then lock her up for life!

make a crown court case out of it and enshrine it into UK law

but then others would only say that its paving the way for any government to cry foul of your ideology, and that your 2 week trip to Ibiza in the summer was a recruitment camp for (insert abbreviated flavour of the month terror group here)
you are now radicalised and will face a trial by your peers for sedition, treason and conspiracy with a known terror group upon your return to the UK.

Im sceptic of this because it could pave the way for more government control , I mean you already get locked up for criticising the tory party with an A4 piece of paper saying "# off tory #s" in your living room window
then what does joining a rebel group who actively fights against the UK armed forces inter ?

I think there is a lot more to fear from a home Secretary having the power to remove your citizenship than we do from potential spurious prosecutions that would still be subject to due process.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ApacheHelicopetr

Well of course Corbyn takes a opposite view from an incumbent Conservative Home Secretary. I don't agree with him, but that's the way it is.

However, before Corbyn is ridiculed alongside everyone else who holds a different view, I have to say that I am disappointed that many of the people on this thread seem to crave extrajudicial murder, or the suspension of justice. If your world view is so literal and vindictive then you would have done well in ISIS yourself, or should move to Iran or China.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

No your right....... craving her murder is wrong.

I admit I am wrong on that. But I have somewhat of a biased and personal view on this.

I am trying to get my spouse into the UK and it has taken 18 months and nearly £10,000......she could not even get a tourist visa to see my family. I am a law abiding UK citizen with a good job, she is a Law abiding citizen of her country looking to assimilate into the UK and be productive.

So to see a little sociopatahic bitch reject our laws and values, our high standard of living and freedoms that people are literally dying to cross the channel for (and I condemn illegal immigration) and worse shows no remorse or regret , will likely get a free pass if corbyn and some on her get there way......well it fills me with rage.

No I don't want to see her dead, I hate violence. But EVERYTHING she stands for fills me with seething hatred and rage.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Says it all really. LoL

And to be honest it's got to be better than "Dancing On Ice".

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't think this will stick.
International law will come into play and she'll get a nice house, new identity and loads of cash until she dies.

Don't like it though, she went to support the Nazis of Daesh.
Bullet in the head is what she deserves.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join