It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious attack leaves 6 llamas dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This story is just odd and weird . I work 1/2 mile from where this happened. It is smack dab in the middle of a sprawling big city close to the zoo. These were guard llamas and coyotes usually fear them.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville Metro Animal Services is investigating after several llamas were found dead at a farm near the Louisville Zoo. It happened early Monday morning at the Louisville Llama Farm on Schuff Lane near Beargrass Creek. Neighbors described hearing what sounded like a fight between animals. Owners would later discover six slain llamas scattered throughout the farm. "They're all guard llamas. I mean, a lot of people have one or two llamas because that's all it takes to protect a herd," co-owner Dale Hill said. "We have a whole herd of guard llamas. You think they'd be able to protect themselves." Seven other llamas were hurt in the attack. At this time, authorities do not know what attacked the livestock. A veterinarian who examined the llamas said the wounds appeared canine in nature, but LMAS could not confirm whether it was a coyote, dog or other large animal. Several coyote sightings have been reported in the Strathmoor Village area, about 2 miles away from Schuff Lane.

www.wlky.com...

What would kill 6 llamas? Did something escape from the zoo and they are just not reporting it? I highly doubt coyotes did this.

edit on 19-2-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Waddy Werewolves migrating.

www.wdrb.com...

kentuckybigfoot.com...

www.richmondregister.com...

Kentucky is a Squatchy place. In fact, it's the fifth Squatchiest state in the U.S. That's according to records compiled by Charlie Raymond who founded the Kentucky Bigfoot Research Organization in 1997. Its purpose: "to prove the existence of and (provide) protection for these magnificent creatures."

At a recent presentation in Lexington, Raymond indicated there have been 435 sightings in Kentucky, at least one in each of the 120 counties. Anderson County holds the record with two dozen reports of Sasquatches, which they call Kentucky Wildmen.

Apparently Squatches have been around at least since the 1700s when settlers reported seeing Monkey Men near Mammoth Cave. Squatches go by other names in the state as well, like Backyard Bandit, Beast of Land Between the Lakes, Spottsville Monster, Waddy Werewolf, Yahoo and Red Eye.

edit on 19-2-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It was the Dog Union.

They took our jobs!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Bwhahahaaa!

Kentucky bigfoot!

edit on 19-2-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Interesting, there was a similar incident in a thread in rural North Carolina this morning. 78 year old lady was found dead, cause still under investigation, canine dna was found.

A lot of mention of wild, domestic dogs or coyotes in that thread.

Llamas are no joke, though I prefer guard donkies, talk about bad asses (pun intended)

Good reason to carry, something, at least a walking stick, preferably a gun.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Dogman...not just in Wisconsin or Michigan anymore after this year's polar vortex.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It could be lots of things, but sounds like the work of feral domestic dogs in a large pack. Coyotes and wolves rarely kill for fun, but I have heard of several cases of either feral dogs, or even a group of outdoor "pets" that just "get out" together and wreak havoc, killing for sport.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There was another odd animal attack not long back here on ATS I think it may have been in the same state.

This story

Three horses and dog attacked and killed in Monroe Co.

www.wbko.com...
edit on 19-2-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Happens Texas alot......black cats or dogs it seems.....over the decades

In 95 ....I got be one of the ranchers that had an Angus half dead or more when they found him shoulder eaten on a little is all....

Strange world, I swear

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
There was another odd animal attack not long back here on ATS I think it may have been in the same state.

This story

Three horses and dog attacked and killed in Monroe Co.

www.wbko.com...

Yeah, I started that thread. Nothing more was heard about it. I tried to post a picture of the area, but couldn't upload it. Look up Louisville Zoo and look for 1500 Schuff Lane. It's right in the middle of a big city in a small wooded area.

www.google.com...@38.2031912,-85.7042037,1126m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88690ca294dc9a03:0x899a385c69d5b7a!8m2!3d38.2 056041!4d-85.7071489

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Thanks to my lovely wife, she reduced the size of the area in question.

The red pin is where the llamas were killed.
edit on 19-2-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
It could be lots of things, but sounds like the work of feral domestic dogs in a large pack. Coyotes and wolves rarely kill for fun, but I have heard of several cases of either feral dogs, or even a group of outdoor "pets" that just "get out" together and wreak havoc, killing for sport.

There are no packs of feral dogs running around in this city. Metro animal services is all over the animal situation here- and it was def in their turf. In 5 years here I've only ever seen one stray and someone was in the process of picking it up. There are no dogs running loose period. I thought it was really odd when I moved here but I'm used to it now.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

They Needed Yarn ?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

They Needed Yarn ?

That's would be from Alpacas , not Llamas. LOL !

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

They Needed Yarn ?

Oh , my Bad . Do Alpacas go good in Stew then ?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
How did you write that OP and hold back using the phrase, "llama drama!"?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

edit on 20-2-2019 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   

They Needed Yarn ?

Oh , my Bad . Do Alpacas go good in Stew then ?

You mean Llamas, right?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Thanks to my lovely wife, she reduced the size of the area in question.

The red pin is where the llamas were killed.

Jeez, that looks barely 2 or 3 football fields from the edge of that zoo.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: Halfswede

There are no packs of feral dogs running around in this city. Metro animal services is all over the animal situation here- and it was def in their turf. In 5 years here I've only ever seen one stray and someone was in the process of picking it up. There are no dogs running loose period. I thought it was really odd when I moved here but I'm used to it now.

In all fairness, something was there and animal control wasn't all over it. If something came from outside, there is just as much chance it was dogs, as coyotes or wolves, and dogs tend to kill for sport when they get loose.

It generally takes pack behavior to take out something like a llama, barring a big cat -- which generally won't kill a bunch of stuff. It is possible that it is just a large pack of coyotes. They simply have no fear when the pack is large. They may have taken out the "guards" once they started getting harassed on the hunt. A small pack is afraid of a large dog. A large pack will lure the dog with a few scouts and then the pack will kill it. The same probably goes for a llama(s).

edit on 20-2-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join