It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pushing global decriminalization of homosexuality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

He can't do it.

He knows that he can't do it.

This pandering to the left is obvious.

I keep saying the more power that the dems gain the more trump will lean , or appear to lean, to their side.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

CNN spins competition, come on people lets see if we can create the CNN headlines before they do, I'm trying to think of one at the minute lol.

"Trump takes first step towards deporting gays! Want's other countries to accept them."

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

a reply to: TinySickTears

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

the observation that no matter what Trump does it HAS to be spun as a negative by the TDS crowd?

This is true.

But I'm not part of that crowd. And a lot of ats members are not part of that crowd. And yet we are still here agreeing with each other that this is obvious pandering and he is insincere.

Do you really not see this?

Sadly I know I have to say something positive about trump to prove to you that I don't hate him so here is one thing out of the many that I agree with him about. The tariffs on china are working and were a great idea. I've said this before just check my post history.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
Then his number 1 enemy globally is organized religion. It does not matter if it's Judeo-Christian or Muslim or what have you, they all preach that God hates the gays.

What a weird thing for him to do all of a sudden when he is trying to garner more support from evangelicals pre-election.

Is he trying to make some friends on the left and smooth thing over a bit?

Yeah the church hates gays, it’s not true
Why do you think that?
There are gays in the church

The reality is people will discuss the issue, hopefully in a kind and compassionate way

Seems like a vote grab and lip service, hope not

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: narrator

I'm in no way saying that Jesus was anti-gay. If he were around today, he'd probably be hanging out with homosexuals along with everyone else (being that he was friends with misfits and various other ostracized people). However, a lot of Christians (and Catholics/Protestants/etc) don't act much like Jesus at all.

If Jesus were around today He would be preaching the same messages of purity about marriage as He did back then. Jesus didn’t ‘hang’ with prostitutes and gays because he agreed with their lifestyles. He did it because He loved them and wished and hoped to convert them, often being successful, as in the story of Mary Magdeline.

Ummmm...you mean his wife, Mary Magdeline? Don't believe everything you read in the redacted and heavily edited King James. I recommend the 1599 Geneva bible, and the Nag Hamadi.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

So ...here we go again - Iran is mentioned. Wait for more fake news about how Iran is the worlds no 1 terrorist Nation.

General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries In Five Years

www.presstv.com...
Thu Sep 27, 2018

The United States is moving to a point of confrontation and crisis with Iran, according to retired US General Wesley Clark. A warning that Iran has been a target of US intentions issued more than a decade ago appeared this week to be moving closer to realization.

US President Donald Trump, in the anti-Iran remarks made at the UN General Assembly's General Debate and amplified as he chaired a meeting of the Security Council, seemed to confirm the claim made by the former chair of the Joint Chief' of Staff under President Bill Clinton that Iran was on a list of seven countries that Washington planned to invade and destroy.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Grenell Launches Trump Admin Effort Towards Global Decriminalization Of Homosexuality

Funny, I thought Trump was supposed to be some kind of raging bigot. That's what the "Orange Man Bad" crowd is always telling us.

Give them a few, someone will come along and spin it into some hateful homophobic rhetoric about the evil monster Trump. They always do and I have no doubts that this will be any different.

Like clockwork. Trump could solve world hunger and cure cancer and some of you would still bitch saying he did it a day to late. Sad and pathetic really.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: narrator

I'm in no way saying that Jesus was anti-gay. If he were around today, he'd probably be hanging out with homosexuals along with everyone else (being that he was friends with misfits and various other ostracized people). However, a lot of Christians (and Catholics/Protestants/etc) don't act much like Jesus at all.

If Jesus were around today He would be preaching the same messages of purity about marriage as He did back then. Jesus didn’t ‘hang’ with prostitutes and gays because he agreed with their lifestyles. He did it because He loved them and wished and hoped to convert them, often being successful, as in the story of Mary Magdeline.

Ummmm...you mean his wife, Mary Magdeline? Don't believe everything you read in the redacted and heavily edited King James. I recommend the 1599 Geneva bible, and the Nag Hamadi.

Each to their own beliefs . Someday we’ll all know the truth and it won’t be argued against because it will be clearly shown by the Almighty.

In the meantime I would like to see homosexuality decriminalized globally. It is horrendous what happens to those who commit homosexual acts in some countries, while they are fine with having sex with 9 year old girls.

I also think it’s unfair to say this move is all political. Perhaps, just perhaps there is actual goodwill behind the move.
If we are going to boil everything down to pandering for votes, we’re really no better than the politicians we say are manipulative.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
What he does care about is his constituency and he believes that his constituency is to a large degree not pro gayness.

i think you are exactly right

i think he also knows that his minions will defend him no matter what and even if they are anti gay they will not call him on it

either way whatever

it should be decriminalized and if this is how it gets done then that is great.

people are going to twist it like he has this big ole spot in his orange heart for gay people.
i dont think that is what this is

it is the end result that matters though

go orange
go orange

Have you ever thought about just shutting up long enough to give the guy a chance FFS. It won't kill you to give your hate a rest would it?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's quite possible the leader of the free world can wield influence over countries like Saudi Arabia and at least make some impact. At least he is making the effort. Too many just talk a good game - like liberals who cry about America and ignore the atrocities in Saudi Arabia, or countries like it.
edit on 19/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Maybe the "G" word or the "L" one
came a bit too close to home
for the Strangely Hued One ...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Too many just talk a good game - like liberals who cry about America and ignore the atrocities in Saudi Arabia, or countries like it

Seems the current admin is doing just that, fantastic example here www.abovetopsecret.com...
NO ONE or any administration can claim righteousness when talking about/dealing with SA.
edit on 19-2-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

CNN spins competition, come on people lets see if we can create the CNN headlines before they do, I'm trying to think of one at the minute lol.

"Trump takes first step towards deporting gays! Want's other countries to accept them."

😆😆😆 Too funny !
edit on 19-2-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

That’s exactly how they’d spin it if they could get away with it, but not even Trump haters are that dumb. Ok, maybe some of them are.

What's dumb is that some Trump supporters actually think CNN would do something like that.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

That’s exactly how they’d spin it if they could get away with it, but not even Trump haters are that dumb. Ok, maybe some of them are.

What's dumb is that some Trump supporters actually think CNN would do something like that.

It was irony and sarcasm... damn funny as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I don't think it was sarcasm. Some Trump supporters actually do believe that. If he meant it as a sarcasm, it's hard to tell here on ATS due to Poe's law.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

I don't think it was sarcasm. Some Trump supporters actually do believe that. If he meant it as a sarcasm, it's hard to tell here on ATS due to Poe's law.

Well, you do have to admit, from a standpoint of actual truth, CNN has pulled some doozies of lies.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

CNN has pulled some doozies of lies.

People always say that. They have not given a single example of that. Neither has Trump. It is just something that is phantom that Trump tossed out to his supporters to bite.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
Then his number 1 enemy globally is organized religion. It does not matter if it's Judeo-Christian or Muslim or what have you, they all preach that God hates the gays.

What a weird thing for him to do all of a sudden when he is trying to garner more support from evangelicals pre-election.

Is he trying to make some friends on the left and smooth thing over a bit?

Wrong about that "all" statement! Jesus changed all that.

If we practice it, things are better for all. AND it goes like this:

He will forgive us our trespasses as we have forgiven those who trespass against us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join