It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pushing global decriminalization of homosexuality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He loses nothing by saying this and he risks nothing. Maybe he gets a gay vote...
No Big Whoop.

it all breaks down to votes doesn't it?
you don't see actual people it is just votes.....
and you still wonder why you lost?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

i think he also knows that his minions will defend him no matter what and even if they are anti gay they will not call him on it

Actually I bet he doesn't give a crap at all and its all politics. One thing we can all bet on is you sitting here whining as pointed out.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

It does not matter if it's Judeo-Christian or Muslim or what have you, they all preach that God hates the gays.

The Christian religion I follow doesn’t preach that God hates anybody. There are actions and lifestyles that are not of His will, but He loves all sinners equally, and we are all sinners to some degree.

Getting tired of people who don’t know what they’re talking about throwing the word hate about like they know what all religious people are taught.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Trump supporters are not anti-gay, your side just pushes that idea so that you can claim the moral high ground and act like your doing something for the gay community by repeating propaganda online.

Round of applause for this pro gay crusader everyone, not a windmill left in sight.......

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Does this mean the left is going to be bashing gays?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Does this mean the left is going to be bashing gays?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: Duderino

It does not matter if it's Judeo-Christian or Muslim or what have you, they all preach that God hates the gays.

The Christian religion I follow doesn’t preach that God hates anybody. There are actions and lifestyles that are not of His will, but He loves all sinners equally, and we are all sinners to some degree.

Getting tired of people who don’t know what they’re talking about throwing the word hate about like they know what all religious people are taught.

Hate was probably the wrong word, but it's impossible to deny that (most) Judeo-Christian religions aren't exactly friendly towards homosexuals. A lot of gay-to-straight conversion camps are run by Christian groups.

I'm in no way saying that Jesus was anti-gay. If he were around today, he'd probably be hanging out with homosexuals along with everyone else (being that he was friends with misfits and various other ostracized people).
However, a lot of Christians (and Catholics/Protestants/etc) don't act much like Jesus at all.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Trump supporters are not anti-gay, your side just pushes that idea so that you can claim the moral high ground and act like your doing something for the gay community by repeating propaganda online.

Round of applause for this pro gay crusader everyone, not a windmill left in sight.......

i dont recall saying trump supporters are anti gay

edit on 19-2-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

I'm in no way saying that Jesus was anti-gay. If he were around today, he'd probably be hanging out with homosexuals along with everyone else (being that he was friends with misfits and various other ostracized people). However, a lot of Christians (and Catholics/Protestants/etc) don't act much like Jesus at all.

If Jesus were around today He would be preaching the same messages of purity about marriage as He did back then. Jesus didn’t ‘hang’ with prostitutes and gays because he agreed with their lifestyles. He did it because He loved them and wished and hoped to convert them, often being successful, as in the story of Mary Magdeline.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

If Jesus were around today He would be preaching the same messages of purity about marriage as He did back then. Jesus didn’t ‘hang’ with prostitutes and gays because he agreed with their lifestyles. He did it because He loved them and wished and hoped to convert them, often being successful, as in the story of Mary Magdeline.

or he was boning everyone

HOLLA!!

we weren't there

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yea.

BTW

TDS would denote that trump supporters are deranged.

It would be thds (trump haters derangement syndrome) To denote their derangement but good luck convincing them they are all full of crap.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

or he was boning everyone

HOLLA!!

we weren't there

Yeah right, like I’m going to take your word for it over the word of St. Pio , who talked to angels and also to Jesus.
You’re in my prayers TST.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yeah right, like I’m going to take your word for it over the word of St. Pio , who talked to angels and also to Jesus.

definitely shouldnt take my word for it

i wouldnt take his either

this the Pio with the fake tears?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
Then his number 1 enemy globally is organized religion. It does not matter if it's Judeo-Christian or Muslim or what have you, they all preach that God hates the gays.

What a weird thing for him to do all of a sudden when he is trying to garner more support from evangelicals pre-election.

Is he trying to make some friends on the left and smooth thing over a bit?

When you see what he might be up against I think Trump feels he has the evangelical vote in the bag no matter what he does.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

definitely shouldnt take my word for it

i wouldnt take his either

this the Pio with the fake tears?

Fake tears ? No, but he had the stigmata. ( bleeding from wounds in his hands)

It’s all lost on you for now TST , so lets get back on topic.

I think Trump and his cohorts are trying to stop the murder of gays on this planet, and I think we all need to back him on that.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Good on him to try

Good luck convincing his BFF Saudi Arabia, I'm jesting a bit..lots of other bad apples out there.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You Trump Haters really think even evangelicals are for Criminalization of gays? I don't think hardly anyone other than hard core Muslims are for that.

Trump waved around an LGBT flag at the Republican convention. That did not stop him from getting a huge majority of the evangelical vote and neither will this. He is just doing what he thinks is right - he does not like people being persecuted for something they cannot change.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm in no way saying that Jesus was anti-gay. If he were around today, he'd probably be hanging out with homosexuals along with everyone else (being that he was friends with misfits and various other ostracized people). However, a lot of Christians (and Catholics/Protestants/etc) don't act much like Jesus at all.

Why try to convert them, if they aren't "against" the sin? If he/they love them for who they are, why try to change who they are?

I'm just never going to understand that religion. Christ died for our sins, but we'll still go to hell if we sin, and people that sin won't be welcome in the kingdom of heaven unless they confess/repent, despite the fact that someone already died to save them from all of their sins.

Sorry to bounce us off-topic.

Bottom line, it definitely isn't within Trump's power to do this on a global level, but if he started calling out anti-gay politicians here in America and holding them accountable, I'd be all for it.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I could go on and refute what you said( as you obviously didn’t understand what I posted)...but best to stay on topic.

I think Trump and his cohorts ( or team) are attacking it on a global level because the price you pay for practicing homosexuality in other countries is far more brutal than what happens in the US. Being anti gay is one thing.. chopping off their heads or throwing them off rooftops is a whole other ball of wax.👎🏼

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yep. It is a good step I think. Even if he did not initiate it himself, which I doubt, but rather just bowing to pressure from his anti Iran advisers.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join