It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pushing global decriminalization of homosexuality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Grenell Launches Trump Admin Effort Towards Global Decriminalization Of Homosexuality

US Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell is spearheading a global campaign by the Trump administration to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it is illegal to be gay, according to NBC News. News of the effort - which has reportedly been in the works for some time, comes after Iran made headlines for executing a gay man.

Funny, I thought Trump was supposed to be some kind of raging bigot. That's what the "Orange Man Bad" crowd is always telling us.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
But I thought trump was planning on deporting all the gays cause he hates gays cause the media said so.

Que the liberal media to tell us all why this is a bad thing.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
No, he was supposed to round up and execute all the gays along with all the black people.

That's what CNN told me anyway. Oh, and start nuclear wars.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Grenell Launches Trump Admin Effort Towards Global Decriminalization Of Homosexuality

Funny, I thought Trump was supposed to be some kind of raging bigot. That's what the "Orange Man Bad" crowd is always telling us.

Give them a few, someone will come along and spin it into some hateful homophobic rhetoric about the evil monster Trump. They always do and I have no doubts that this will be any different.

link   
Dbl
edit on 19-2-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

link   
Then his number 1 enemy globally is organized religion. It does not matter if it's Judeo-Christian or Muslim or what have you, they all preach that God hates the gays.

What a weird thing for him to do all of a sudden when he is trying to garner more support from evangelicals pre-election.

Is he trying to make some friends on the left and smooth thing over a bit?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

That's what the "Orange Man Bad" crowd is always telling us.

Yawn.

Nice headline grabber but a ban on Global decriminalization of homosexuality is not within the President's gift , it will never happen due to religion and tradition.

edit on 19-2-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Literally Hitler!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
whatever

hope it happens
good for trump
edit on 19-2-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Publicity stunt... he knows that where it is illegal it is most often because of religion and he knows thats never going to change.
He loses nothing by saying this and he risks nothing. Maybe he gets a gay vote...

No Big Whoop.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Publicity stunt... he knows that where it is illegal it is most often because of religion and he knows thats never going to change.
He loses nothing by saying this and he risks nothing. Maybe he gets a gay vote...

No Big Whoop.

exactly

hence the whatever

a little jab at Iran
convert a pussy hat maybe

let the maga's gloat for the next 3 days about how much trump loves the gays

hahahahahahah

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sounds like a good antichrist..........

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I don'ts think Trump gives a whit about gay people either way. What he does care about is his constituency and he believes that his constituency is to a large degree not pro gayness. He also likes to beat the "Iran Bad Drum'' because this likewise is what he believes his constituency is. So here was a chance to stick one more knife into Iran and hopefully, as you suggest, garner some kudos from the left.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

Looks like the Hitler narrative has run its course, now you guys move on to calling him the antichrist, next, the super devil

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
What he does care about is his constituency and he believes that his constituency is to a large degree not pro gayness.

i think you are exactly right

i think he also knows that his minions will defend him no matter what and even if they are anti gay they will not call him on it

either way whatever

it should be decriminalized and if this is how it gets done then that is great.

people are going to twist it like he has this big ole spot in his orange heart for gay people.
i dont think that is what this is

it is the end result that matters though

go orange
go orange

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Good luck trying to tell Russia that.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Looks like the Hitler narrative has run its course, now you guys move on to calling him the antichrist, next, the super devil

Oh i do not believe it.

It is just that i do not want to see orange man good group not have what they were hoping for in previous post in the thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

CNN spins competition, come on people lets see if we can create the CNN headlines before they do, I'm trying to think of one at the minute lol.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As I posted on a basically duplicate thread attempting to praise Trump for this...

White evangelicals turned out for Trump and swung a good bunch of states for him. Do you think actually think he's going to give them a good reason to stay home and not vote due to feeling abandoned?

Despite Trumps statements about how much he loves the LGBT community (and that they love him... despite not voting for him), his actions have not been friendly towards them... all of his trans issues over the past years, removing protections for LGBT workers, patients (specifically regarding medical/HHS protections) and students, Trumps 'License to Discriminate', Mike Pence, Ben "Being gay is absolutely a choice" Carson, Severino, DeVos, Price, Gorsuch, Sessions, Kavanaugh, Jeff Mateer, Charmaine Yoest (all openly anti-LGBT), backing Roy Moore, banned the CDC from even using the word "transgender", all mentions of LGBT issues removed from the White House website within 2 hours of him being sworn in, Trumps DOJ trying to strip LGBT civil rights protections away, etc etc etc. The writing has long since been on the wall and these weak appeals are fooling no one, his evangelical base included.
edit on 19-2-2019 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Oh i do not believe it.

It is just that i do not want to see orange man good group not have what they were hoping for in previous post in the thread.

What would that be... the observation that no matter what Trump does it HAS to be spun as a negative by the TDS crowd?

Hell, that is expected.... the NPC's are told to do so... so they do it.

SSDD....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join