It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and Homosexuality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: MadLad

Both sides are. But you're the only one trying to use logical fallacies as an excuse.

So I'm definitely going to point out the hypocrisy.

No, you're going to make up fallacies, pretend I'm guilty of them, for purely political reasons and double standards.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: MadLad

Trump is the most left-leaning, liberal and libertine republican since god-knows-when

Did you really just write that or am I seeing things.

"Concluding that because you can't or refuse to believe something, it must not be true, improbable, or the argument must be flawed. This is a specific form of the argument from ignorance."

www.logicallyfallacious.com...

There used to be this member called Les, he used to post to that website all the time, it was kind of embarrassing he kept having to google "how to I make a better argument" and I think that must have been the top hit.

Ahhh I miss les and his self-indulgent embarrassment threads.

"Attempting to redirect the argument to another issue to which the person doing the redirecting can better respond. While it is similar to the avoiding the issue fallacy, the red herring is a deliberate diversion of attention with the intention of trying to abandon the original argument."

Its cute when when you resort to copy pasting what others have to say when you've ran out of your own arguments.

Ahhh les how av missed you.

Can't wait for you next UK bashing thread I wonder how many times you can link logicallyfallacious.com

"Attacking the person making the argument, rather than the argument itself, when the attack on the person is completely irrelevant to the argument the person is making."

Way thats three.

Go on link to it again, I know how you love to get the last word in, what other logical fallacy can you project onto me now that you've realised you don't have a single argument to back up your clams that Trump is lefty liberal.

You keep running away from the argument, with your reason between your legs. All you you've done is posted a meme (because someone else did) and resorted to fallacy.

No....

Lets not try to pretend I am the one running away now Les.

You said that....

Trump is the most left-leaning, liberal and libertine republican since god-knows-when

Care to prove that or at least explain that statement....

Can you show me a more left-leaning, libertine republican?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Did you really just write that or am I seeing things.

"Concluding that because you can't or refuse to believe something, it must not be true, improbable, or the argument must be flawed. This is a specific form of the argument from ignorance."

There used to be this member called Les, he used to post to that website all the time, it was kind of embarrassing he kept having to google "how to I make a better argument" and I think that must have been the top hit.

Ahhh I miss les and his self-indulgent embarrassment threads.

"Attempting to redirect the argument to another issue to which the person doing the redirecting can better respond. While it is similar to the avoiding the issue fallacy, the red herring is a deliberate diversion of attention with the intention of trying to abandon the original argument."

Its cute when when you resort to copy pasting what others have to say when you've ran out of your own arguments.

Ahhh les how av missed you.

Can't wait for you next UK bashing thread I wonder how many times you can link logicallyfallacious.com

"Attacking the person making the argument, rather than the argument itself, when the attack on the person is completely irrelevant to the argument the person is making."

Way thats three.

Go on link to it again, I know how you love to get the last word in, what other logical fallacy can you project onto me now that you've realised you don't have a single argument to back up your clams that Trump is lefty liberal.

You keep running away from the argument, with your reason between your legs. All you you've done is posted a meme (because someone else did) and resorted to fallacy.

No....

Lets not try to pretend I am the one running away now Les.

You said that....

Care to prove that or at least explain that statement....

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

He's the first pro-gay American president, and he doesn't get any credit for it.

Its true. He was proLGBT from the get go and didnt have to give BS political platitudes about it.

He was never "for it before he was against it" like every Democrat candidate in history including Obama and Clinton.
edit on 19 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Its true. He was proLGBT from the get go and didnt have to give BS political platitudes about it.

I know. That wasn't what I was referring to.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AProudLefty

My apologies then.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
White evangelicals turned out for Trump and swung a good bunch of states for him. Do you think actually think he's going to give them a good reason to stay home and not vote due to feeling abandoned?

Despite Trumps statements about how much he loves the LGBT community (and that they love him... despite not voting for him), his actions have not been friendly towards them... all of his trans issues over the past years, removing protections for LGBT workers, patients (specifically regarding medical/HHS protections) and students, Trumps 'License to Discriminate', Mike Pence, Ben "Being gay is absolutely a choice" Carson, Severino, DeVos, Price, Gorsuch, Sessions, Kavanaugh, Jeff Mateer, Charmaine Yoest (all openly anti-LGBT), backing Roy Moore, banned the CDC from even using the word "transgender", all mentions of LGBT issues removed from the White House website within 2 hours of him being sworn in, Trumps DOJ trying to strip LGBT civil rights protections away, etc etc etc. The writing has long since been on the wall and these weak appeals are fooling no one, his evangelical base included.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: dug88

So he is a racist if green is all that matters!

Is this serious? Because I don't follow....that was a reference to money.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
If this actually leads to the US government condemning Saudi Arabia then I'm all for it. If it just turns out to be another way to condemn Iran while SA gets a pass for doing the same thing then I'm going to call it out for being disingenuous. I hope you all have a similar opinion.

Do you know how to read - WORLDWIDE not IRAN

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
White evangelicals turned out for Trump and swung a good bunch of states for him. Do you think actually think he's going to give them a good reason to stay home and not vote due to feeling abandoned?

Despite Trumps statements about how much he loves the LGBT community (and that they love him... despite not voting for him), his actions have not been friendly towards them... all of his trans issues over the past years, removing protections for LGBT workers, patients (specifically regarding medical/HHS protections) and students, Trumps 'License to Discriminate', Mike Pence, Ben "Being gay is absolutely a choice" Carson, Severino, DeVos, Price, Gorsuch, Sessions, Kavanaugh, Jeff Mateer, Charmaine Yoest (all openly anti-LGBT), backing Roy Moore, banned the CDC from even using the word "transgender", all mentions of LGBT issues removed from the White House website within 2 hours of him being sworn in, Trumps DOJ trying to strip LGBT civil rights protections away, etc etc etc. The writing has long since been on the wall and these weak appeals are fooling no one, his evangelical base included.

The vast majority of Evangelicals are not for criminalization of homosexuals. Your entire premise is incorrect.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

So let me get this straight. Evangelicals support LGBT rights all of a sudden? It's your premise that is confusing (to anyone following politics or the church in this country in the slightest). Or are you just doing a really weird goalpost move and saying 'Evangelicals don't want to jail/stone homosexuals... anymore', which isn't my argument in the slightest and has nothing to do with anything except for me to say 'good job Evangelicals taking one tiny step closer to reality''. A good bunch of them still want to toss them in camps to remove their "mental illness" though. Let's all praise their baby steps.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i thought we were supposed to stop being world police and now we are trying to change the laws of other nations whose politics and government are independent of our own? last time they came here with a message, we declared war. maybe we should just mind our own business.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

It's not about being the world police. It's about helping to stop the persecution of the minority.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

It's not about being the world police. It's about helping to stop the persecution of the minority.

my point is that no one is allowed to come to america and force us to adopt their policies and values, so what gives us the right to hijack their government and force them to honor our sense of justice?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

The dems gaining power.

I predicted that trump would pander to the left because of that.

Trump knows that the potus doesn't have the power to do this , so why else would he say it if not to pander?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

No one is going to Iran and forcing them to adopt our values. They are using diplomacy, not force.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: proximo

So let me get this straight. Evangelicals support LGBT rights all of a sudden? It's your premise that is confusing (to anyone following politics or the church in this country in the slightest). Or are you just doing a really weird goalpost move and saying 'Evangelicals don't want to jail/stone homosexuals... anymore', which isn't my argument in the slightest and has nothing to do with anything except for me to say 'good job Evangelicals taking one tiny step closer to reality''. A good bunch of them still want to toss them in camps to remove their "mental illness" though. Let's all praise their baby steps.

There is a big difference between supporting LGBT rights, and proclaiming them criminals and thus giving them jail time / supporting executions.

I am amazed that you cannot understand that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join