It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP!! I am confused.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I am confused..... All this recent debacle about the underage girls having joined
Isis now wanting to return. And all the bleeding hearts out there saying "They were
only children when they left their countries and went out to Syria"

CHILDREN?

They travelled 1,000's of miles unaccompanied....married?... and had sex before
the legal age of consent. They can medically get all forms of contraception
without parental consent and before the legal age of consent. Yet if they need a
tonsillectomy or appendectomy or any operation before the age of eighteen
they have to have parental consent. /smh.

Now governments are wanting to lower the voting age from 18yrs to 16yrs.....

WHY?

because they can offer sweetners in manifestos to get the 'vacuous' vote.Very
few under 18yrs old are interested in politics. When Jeremy Corbyn said he was
going to get rid of student loans (due to having young teens with their friends in
my circle I saw it first hand)
There was the hysteria of JC4PM. They dont have the ability to think outside the
box, they want - they get for them money really does grow on trees!!

SO CAN WE HAVE A CLEAR DEFINATION OF WHEN A CHILD BECOMES AN ADULT

Now to the other end of the scale, like a lot of people I have been watching a lot
of debates etc. regarding Brexit and another subject being bandied about is

"When are you too old to vote?'

On a recent chat programme Anne Widdicomb was told she had no right to vote in
the referendum as she was too old, and ruining the future of the next generation....
The next generation has had NO lifes experience, whereas the older generation has
been exposed to a wealth of experience ..... does experience count for nothing?

AT WHAT AGE DO YOU WRITE OFF AN OLDER PERSON WHEN IS OLD - TOO OLD?

Lets have your views ATS

edit on 19-2-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am confused....where is a American drone when you need it!

Bomb these bitches!
edit on 19-2-2019 by ApacheHelicopetr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Let me clear all the confusion you are experiencing. In one sentence. She left the UK where the legal age is 16 and she went to a country where the legal age is, is, well it has been voiced at 9 years old. end of statement.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sorry I am a bit confused by your post
Young girls below the age of consent joined ISIS?

They are damaged and want to come home?

You disagree?

Sounds like young immature girls were forced by family to go to a horrible country, support a horrible regime and want to come home to safety

Did I get it wrong, evidently, oops sorry

I think working on above 18 is pretty good
Children are influenced by their parents

It’s tricky
edit on 19-2-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

If you're old enough to die, in the eyes of your country, you should be old enough to:

1. Vote
2. Screw / Bear children
3. Drink (maybe switch #2 and #3)
4. Smoke
5. Fight and Die for your country

Pick an age, but only ONE age! Personally, I think 16 is too young, but only because I don't think at 16 kids understand the responsibilities of any of those things. However, that there are different ages for at least three of those things is flat-out wrong!

My .02

edit on 2/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Ummm...I would say the vacuous vote is already present in every election...perhaps tptb just want to expand that particular demographic...

You know...insurance against the informed...

Beyond all that...the bitch should just stay right where she is...it’s quite obvious by now that she loves that particular form of usery...

Just line them all up and shoot the lot of them...save us all some cash...what possible positive skill set could they have acquired while in the employ of the Isisissies...

I mean...public executioner is no longer a valid line of employment...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Careful there. You stated...

"SO CAN WE HAVE A CLEAR DEFINATION OF WHEN A CHILD BECOMES AN ADULT?"

That's like asking when a fetus is a life, not yet, maybe, gonna be, won't...etc. (please, folks...don't go after me on that...it's not the point here).

Different cultures, different ideals, beliefs and ages in places where children are betrothed even married before 12.

Clear definitions depends on who, where and what beliefs are held as "right". The answers to us may be appalling...but to others in other places....completely normal.

*I don't feel sorry for traitors whether 14 or 40.

edit on 19-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Too old to vote? Yikes. Maybe they should start with “Too Old To Drive”...? Prince whatever-his-name is 97 and recently plowed his 2-ton battering ram into a couple other cars. That sounds a little more reasonable.

Joining ISIS at any age is bridge too far. Maybe some sort of indentured servitude is on the horizon?? That or lock them into a secure prison for the remainder. This day and age, you don’t join ISIS without a healthy dose of snuff videos and other horrific images...indoctrination to some degree, but these folks knew what they were getting into (maybe little foresight but that’s not the issue).

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Pick an age, but only ONE age! Personally, I think 16 is too young, but only because I don't think at 16 kids understand the responsibilities of any of those things. However, that there are different ages for at least three of those things is flat-out wrong!
My .02

I agree and precisely why I am confused..... they can be an adult for

some things and a child for others, like you I think 18 is better than

16, can remember when it was 21.

And how old is too old...... when youth wants to write you off? '

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

age of the person, depends on the situation. You can train and die to protect your country with a weapon at 18, but some want you to be older when you come home and want to own a gun.
lawcenter.giffords.org...

Context is key.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Different cultures, different ideals, beliefs and ages in places where children are betrothed even married before 12.

Clear definitions depends on who, where and what beliefs are held as "right". The answers to us may be appalling...but to others in other places....completely normal.

No I was not trying to alter other cultures....I really was meaning the

western world where every adult milestone has a different age limit.

I know children mature variably but as a general consensus I would

plump for 18 yrs.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens

Too old to vote? Yikes. Maybe they should start with “Too Old To Drive”...? Prince whatever-his-name is 97 and recently plowed his 2-ton battering ram into a couple other cars. That sounds a little more reasonable.

Well I had a step uncle who was still driving at 100 years he had a clean

licence which he gave up soon after.

Joining ISIS at any age is bridge too far. Maybe some sort of indentured servitude is on the horizon?? That or lock them into a secure prison for the remainder. This day and age, you don’t join ISIS without a healthy dose of snuff videos and other horrific images...indoctrination to some degree, but these folks knew what they were getting into (maybe little foresight but that’s not the issue).

A bridge too far maybe but as a *legal adult* their life their choice

even if a bad one.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

age of the person, depends on the situation. You can train and die to protect your country with a weapon at 18, but some want you to be older when you come home and want to own a gun.
lawcenter.giffords.org...
Context is key.

Exactly my point
lets have some defination

You cant be old enough to die for your country and not old enough for

other things.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Why did he give them (driving privileges) up? Smoke ‘em, if you got ‘em...amirite?

Joining ISIS is definitely a “bad one”. Not exactly tuned in to this issue, as I’m in the States and 18 is almost universally accepted as the age representative of the onset of adulthood.

There is this lady from Alabama who wants back in the States after losing 3 husbands in battle and no one to support her and her kid. She wants to be a ward of the state now. Go figure.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yet if they need a tonsillectomy or appendectomy or any operation before the age of eighteen they have to have parental consent. /smh.

I would guess this is because they usually could not pay the huge bill for surgery?
I agree though the laws everywhere about what at which age are strange.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

My .02

And how old is too old...... when youth wants to write you off? '

Well, the way I look at it is like this...

There are lots of times when a younger generation 'thinks' they're "smarter, better, tougher, faster and more efficient" at your job than you are. But when they can actually prove it, is when it's time to step aside.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens

Why did he give them (driving privileges) up? Smoke ‘em, if you got ‘em...amirite?

He had looked after himself till then, he had some medical problems and

got a little frail, but he did live another four years.

Joining ISIS is definitely a “bad one”. Not exactly tuned in to this issue, as I’m in the States and 18 is almost universally accepted as the age representative of the onset of adulthood.

As I understand it you are able to drive on the roads quite young?

And isnt it 21years before you can drink?

There is this lady from Alabama who wants back in the States after losing 3 husbands in battle and no one to support her and her kid. She wants to be a ward of the state now. Go figure.

We have a similar situation over here she has lost two babies. just given

birth to another, the husband? (probably contact her when she's settled

in a tax funded home) and start another Isis cell.

Thats why I started this thread all the bleeding hearts are coming out with

"She was only a child". /smh

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Nice. Hanging 104 up is pretty damn impressive.

Yeh, you can’t get pissed on until 21. I do believe some states have started restricting driving privileges for those between 16 - 18, but don’t quote me on that.

I do remember back in the 80’s/90’s, when I was a kid, several southern states allowed for child brides (I wanna say 14 w/ parents ‘permission’) because there was always a running joke about shipping off some “problem child” with permission to be married to Bubba. I can’t imagine those statutes still exist...but you never know.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I would guess this is because they usually could not pay the huge bill for surgery?
I agree though the laws everywhere about what at which age are strange.

Thats not the case ..... we have a NHS everything needed is free.

Thats why I want some sort of defination of responsibility.

The law states it is illegal for a girl to have sex before 16 years yet

she can legally get contraception medically at 12/13years.

Talk about a contradiction in terms.

Didn't someone say *the law is an ass*?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Well, the way I look at it is like this...
There are lots of times when a younger generation 'thinks' they're "smarter, better, tougher, faster and more efficient" at your job than you are. But when they can actually prove it, is when it's time to step aside.

Reminds me of the joke of the two bulls (father and son) looking in

the field of cows and the younger says to the older lets run down and

pick one each ... the older bull says "No lets stroll down and have them

all"

The wisdom of experience!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join