It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Trump Take a Joke.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: highvein

As another poster pointed out, they are very mean spirited with Trump skits

So he can't take the joke because they were a little to mean to him?

Not that. It's just old and not funny anymore. He never said a word when it first cranked up. It's been 2 years now and they still make the same tired and boring jokes that were never funny to begin with. Their shows are at all time lows in viewership because they don't do anything fresh or new and their topic is always anti-Trump.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

As I said before, the "jokes" the Right were making about Obama were blatantly racist. Where was all the outrage on this board then?

Oh that's right! The people now crying about Trump's feelings were there same people making and laughing at those racist "jokes."

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
1/3 of the population wants to either kill him or have his wife rapped, then crack a lame ass joke and he doesn’t laugh, go figure.

Am sorry what stats do you have that show 33% of the American people want to kill the president Rape the First Lady?

Or is this just BS you write when you've nothing to really say about the topic at hand?
edit on 19-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Haven't had the pleasure

Blame the church!

that is more my speed

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
1/3 of the population wants to either kill him or have his wife rapped, then crack a lame ass joke and he doesn’t laugh, go figure.

What?

Do you have any evidence that what you said is even remotely true? You honestly believe that 1/3 of the population wants Trump to be killed and his wife have horrible things happen to her?

You can't toss around accusations like that without providing evidence to back it up. That's horrible. No one wants those things to happen.

(Well, I can't say no one, absolutes are never a good thing to deal in, according to Obi-Wan. I'm sure some fringe folks might, but that definitely isn't the majority).

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

And there are numerous instances of you guys laughing at the Obamas being depicted as apes and calling Michelle a man.

Oh boo hoo someone on Twitter said Trump had small hands!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I mean this as a complement.

Now when I read your posts I read them in the voice of Ron Burgundy

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Oh boo hoo someone on Twitter said Trump had small hands!

Small hands, how dare you, how very dare your

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
dp

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Because trump is a fkin JOKE HIMSELF!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I think your being disingenuous with this thread.

How?

All I am asking is why Trump can't seem to take a joke.

By not really stating the obvious about the type of skits they do. As another poster pointed out, they are very mean spirited with Trump skits, and with the amount they do of him the only thing comical is their TDS.

Comedy writers work with what they are given, Trump has said so much crap at times, his lack of decent human behaviour at times feeds what comes back to him. Do they get carried away..sure, but no single political figure has been/acted like him..you reap what you sow.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

I mean this as a complement.

Now when I read your posts I read them in the voice of Ron Burgundy

This is what yours sound like here!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: JFA13

I truly believe that it boils down to the fact that EVERYTHING you see about Trump and his supporters in the media is negative

I suppose that could explain some of it but stuff like the SNL skits and comedians commentaries on his presidency are obviously not intended to be interpreted as "news".

You'd be surprised by how many lefties get their news from Comedy Central. They made fun of Sarah Palin after an SNL skit about her when they took it as news, too.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

I think your being disingenuous with this thread.

How?

All I am asking is why Trump can't seem to take a joke.

People are just too amped up to even consider this thread isn't an attack.

Yeah I know.

Do you think I should just write 12 paragraphs about what a grate guy Trump is and just put at the end of it; "PS why can't Trump take a joke?" then they might actually answer the question with out going on the defence.

I think anything with your name attached to it, will be pre-judged, unfortunately.

That I would agree with.

You don't have to act like you agree with everything the only guy in agreement with you says. It's not your name, as you well know. It's your location. You don't deal with this stuff firsthand. The reason we don't take those rich democrats living in mansions serious about their cries over immigration is because they live far away in gated communities and never deal with this stuff firsthand.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Also, I think they spend too much time on the defense, to really stop and take a joke.

I wonder why that is?

Possible victim complex?

(Or they take themselves too seriously)

It's probably due to all the positive media coverage Trump gets. The camera and the MSM really do love him. They treat him like a golden version of Obama, well, perhaps more of an orange version.

Well, it really comes down to:
why do you(he) care what they say/think?

LOL, said the guy slamming Trump supporters for not laughing at him enough. You really do say some funny things. Thanks for that.

I didn't slam anyone, just offered an opinion.

I think this might be part of that possible victim complex thing.

But when we give our opinions, you think we can't take a joke. How about a little consistency.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I've never seen anyone on ATS use SNL as a news source. I have seen plenty of people use Gateway Pundit.

Who's truly more ignorant?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The reason we don't take those rich democrats living in mansions serious about their cries over immigration is because they live far away in gated communities and never deal with this stuff firsthand.

Yet you're ok with the billionaire who lives here....

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Really it's just not funny unless you have a deep seeded hate for Trump.

Or its not funny if you love Trump.....

works both ways buddy

Well, they went full retard before they aired the first Trump skit. It really just isn't funny. It wasn't funny when it was Obama either, nor when it was Bush. They've just continued going downhill. Ratings show it.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Really it's just not funny unless you have a deep seeded hate for Trump.

Or its not funny if you love Trump.....

works both ways buddy

Well, they went full retard before they aired the first Trump skit. It really just isn't funny. It wasn't funny when it was Obama either, nor when it was Bush. They've just continued going downhill. Ratings show it.

Thats fine.

Its also not really got anything to do with the thread because I am asking why Trump can't take a joke, am not just talking about SNL, he didn't go to the correspondents dinner just because he didn't want to be laughed at basically.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Be fair. Trump hires plenty of illegal immigrants.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join