It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Trump Take a Joke.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Trump's just a wussy. He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Originality costs extra.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I actually find it kind of funny how I "have Trump on the mind" 24/7 but when its a pro-Trump member posting a thread a day on the man that gets a pass. Just more hypocrisy I guess.

no doubt, where do folks get crazy ideas like this.

So, like he said, this is his 3rd Trump thread this year.

How many pro-Trump ATS threads has there been in the same time frame?
Or anti-Warren? Or anti-AOC?

fantastic questions, all. Hows about you do a thread on that, and we will all look into it.

I have neither the inclination, nor the time, to do that.

I'm just pointing out that there are, in fact, a ton of pro-Trump threads, and anti-Democrat threads, every single day. Given the sheer amount of those, I'd hardly say that the OP is "obsessed" with Trump.

I'm simply pointing that out to drive home the point brought up earlier: If OtherSideOfTheCoin truly is "obsessed" with Trump, then a significant percentage of the ATS population is also incredibly obsessed with him.

To call one person out on it, but not also call out/admit/see/whatever that there are many members on here that post about Trump at least as frequently, if not more so,is disingenuous at best.

It's blatantly obvious, and needs no thread to point it out. ATS has become a (mainly) political forum in the last couple years, and since Trump is the POTUS, a lot of threads/posts are going to be about him. It has nothing to do with obsession, it's just keeping up with the times.
To call someone "obsessed" because they are critical of the President, when ATS, and especially the Mud Pit, acts as a "Trump is awesome" echo chamber for the right-leaning members, just seems wrong/lazy. Not everyone is pro-Trump. They are going to voice their opinions. To try to downplay that opinion/OP just because the opinion is different than yours is a shallow debate strategy.

edit on 19-2-2019 by narrator because: typo

edit on 19-2-2019 by narrator because: typo

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

shhhh....don't scare them with logic.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Muninn

That sounds like a you problem, I do hope that you get the proper care for the nasty case of TDS you have,

Anyone else getting really bored of these tired TDS insults.

What's the matter, can't take a joke?

* UKTruth baat me to the punch

edit on 19-2-2019 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Like I said all am asking for is a little originality.

Besides jokes about TDS are about as funny watching cement set.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Originality costs extra.

50+ threads about Trump in the mud pit, so much originality.
🤣😂🤣

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

More like people can't take unoriginality.

All you sycophants do is brush off any criticism of Dear Leader with TDS (hurr hurr) regardless of how valid the criticism.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So you get annoyed by the same old tired jokes, but that's exactly what's happening with Trump, same tired old jokes for over 2 years.

It lost its edge a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

To be fair a lot of that is being perpetuated by the Right. When was the last time you saw someone call him Cheeto Jesus compared to the last time you saw someone say, "Orange Man Bad?"

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Originality costs extra.

50+ threads about Trump in the mud pit, so much originality.
🤣😂🤣

Well...

I know how much you seem to love reading them so I wouldn't want to disappoint.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

To be fair a lot of that is being perpetuated by the Right. When was the last time you saw someone call him Cheeto Jesus compared to the last time you saw someone say, "Orange Man Bad?"

This is how they do it though....

They play on stuff like this, so they claim that we call them all racist nazi's and that therefore justifies whatever kind of crap they want to spout in return....only it was just that one moron that called them racists and I didn't call them racist...

Basically they like to try to argue against some kind of collective boogyman liberal who is this evildoer who thinks they are evil nazi scum and Trump is the anti-christ who deep down just believes that they are sub-hum...why? because its easier to argue against that than an individual making valid arguments.

Just take this thread for example, I ask a rise a legitimate point and make a fair question, why can't trump take a joke. Look at some of the replies going on about the big bad left calling them names and being mean.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

I don't know where that's directed. I've only made 22 threads in the Mud Pit. So I definitely haven't made 50+ Mud Pit threads about Trump. If you're talking about total, then 50+ threads compared to the 7,000+ plus in the forum is pretty good for originality.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I wish Trump supporters would not reply to these threads. This guy along with numerous others here have a very unhealthy obsession with Trump.

When you respond to these threads its like giving a fifth of Jack Daniels to an alcoholic. These people are mentally sick do not enable them. When you see these threads just move along and be glad your life is not so sad you have to post anti Trump threads constantly.

edit on 19-2-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
I wish Trump supporters would not reply to these threads. This guy along with numerous others here have a very unhealthy obsession with Trump.

When you respond to these threads its like giving a fifth of Jack Daniels to an alcoholic. When you see these threads just move along and be glad your life is not so sad you have to post anti Trump threads constantly.

And yet here you are so while you're here...

Do you by any chance have anything on-topic to say or did you just drop by the tell others what threads they should and shouldn't be posting on?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I don't think it's that Trump can't take a joke, I mean the guy was roasted on comedy central, you don't agree to be roasted if you can't take a joke.

Is the dynamics that have changed, the "jokes" have become nothing more than childish insults meant to get you to hate Trump.

I laughed my ass off at South Park making fun of Trump, I laughed at the new family guy episode too. I personally don't have a very high opinion of Trump on a personal level, but I overlook that because I'm not petty and superficial.

DTOM nailed it on the head, these aren't jokes, it's mean spirited bullying. I'm not saying it's something to cry over, but hopefully that can help you understand why he can't take a "joke".

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

a reply to: highvein

As another poster pointed out, they are very mean spirited with Trump skits

So he can't take the joke because they were a little to mean to him?

And that would be the disingenuous part. If you cannot tell the difference then you will never know, even with an explanation.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Now I know that I have posted this in the mud-pit and I do think its worth of serious discussion about the inability of Trump to take a joke but I would ask Trump supporters to keep in mind that this is still just a fun thread having a laugh at the same time.

I would submit trump is 1/1024th scotch, and cannot afford a sense of humor.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Actually you do make a good point about him being able to take a joke in the past, seems like its only been in the pats few years since before he ran for POTUS that he's had this problem.

I will need to check out that episode of family guy.

Also I do get what DTOM was saying, but I still think a lot of it comes down to how Trump deals with the situation and his dealings with the press don't help matters.

Thanks for posting I found your perspective interesting.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I love how the right wants to blame everyone else for the sheer amount of Trump comedy vs other presidents. The reason for it... the sheer amount of Trump comedy. The dude delivers another dose of ridiculous just about every single day. Trump just doesn't know when to shut up. Other presidents didn't feel the need to be fighting a war of division with the American people every single day (well, and lie incessantly, have petty tantrums, and, wait for it... make fun of anyone that would be against him). History will look back at a president who did nothing except try to tear the USA apart.
Closer to treason to me than anything else.

They could all be much harsher with this dolt considering the material that they are given.
edit on 19-2-2019 by okrian because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join