It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't Trump Take a Joke.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: JFA13

But, SNL does not portray Trump in the same light that they did with other POTUS of the past.

I disagree, I think Bush got it just as bad.

I did say for the most part. I didn't say he was the only one.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

But, SNL does not portray Trump in the same light that they did with other POTUS of the past.

Here is where you can either look like a hero, or a zero. Show how many times SNL ragged on Bush, and how many times they ragged on Trump. With 8 years of Bush and only 2.5 of Trump, it should be a landslide victory for you. If you have the stones.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think it's because, even before he was elected, the Left has been on the attack against Trump and his supporters, most of it mean spirited. Every thing from the size of his hands, his weight, what he eats ( remember the pearl clutching over 2 scoops of ice cream? ) to being called a Fascist, racist, homophobic Nazi. The Left and their lapdog MSM , have taken every chance to twist anything he says and outright lie on occasion.

In short, that sh** gets old.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Here is where you can either look like a hero, or a zero. Show how many times SNL ragged on Bush, and how many times they ragged on Trump. With 8 years of Bush and only 2.5 of Trump, it should be a landslide victory for you. If you have the stones.

I think we both know that I am not going to sit and go through the last 18 years worth of SNL skits.

All I am saying is that Will Ferrell ripped into Bush pretty hard, I actually found that funnier than the Baldwin skits of Trump.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
A better question would be is why does the op have Trump on his mind 24/7?

You have definitely taken the reeeeee to a new level.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

You have definitely taken the reeeeee to a new level.

I think this is my third Trump thread this year, hardly have trump on my mind 24/7, this thread took me about 20 mins to put together.

I actually find it kind of funny how I "have Trump on the mind" 24/7 but when its a pro-Trump member posting a thread a day on the man that gets a pass. Just more hypocrisy I guess.
edit on 19-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Is it...... because he's the president of the USA? Is it...... because we are constantly bombarded by news and videos of Trump in the media?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

it's cool, integrity isn't really a big thing anymore. Better to just say sh!t and hope it flies.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

it's cool, integrity isn't really a big thing anymore. Better to just say sh!t and hope it flies.

You mean like daddy trump?

Remember, like his imaginary terrorist attack in Sweden for example! Just say # and hope it flies....

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I actually find it kind of funny how I "have Trump on the mind" 24/7 but when its a pro-Trump member posting a thread a day on the man that gets a pass. Just more hypocrisy I guess.

no doubt, where do folks get crazy ideas like this.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

sort of, but then, if you are measuring your integrity against his, you likely aren't that high on the food chain to begin with.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
He did this to himself. He ran his campaign off calling msm fake news and pushing for one or two over literally everyone else. Maybe if he didnt pick a fight with the media and attempt dismantle it they wouldn't be so zealous to give it right back at him.

As much misinformation there is out there people should be adults and do they're own research before coming to a conclusion, instead people follow trumps war on the media and hang off his every word. All it takes is to have a few sources from social media MSM, and trusted unbiased sources to find the fake news, it's not that hard.

I can remember him firing someone on his reality show because they said the word "butt". Man has always been on a powertrip and major superiority complex.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Oh joy, another liberal circle jerk thread.

link   

sort of, but then, if you are measuring your integrity against his, you likely aren't that high on the food chain to begin with.

Awww looking you calling my integrity into question when you don't know me.

Thats it lets cue up the personal attacks

link   

no doubt, where do folks get crazy ideas like this.

So, like he said, this is his 3rd Trump thread this year.

How many pro-Trump ATS threads has there been in the same time frame?
Or anti-Warren? Or anti-AOC?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

He did this to himself. He ran his campaign off calling msm fake news and pushing for one or two over literally everyone else. Maybe if he didnt pick a fight with the media and attempt dismantle it they wouldn't be so zealous to give it right back at him.

I think thats a good answer to the question as to why they take the piss out of him so much, quite a interesting thought as to how different the media would be if he were less about "FAKE NEWS" and my personal favourite "the press are an enemy of the people".

If you think about it though if he would just take a joke as a joke, or even ignore it this wouldn't be as much of an issue I think.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: kingsquirel

Take a joke.... Hell Op if any of the other former standing Potus's had taken 1/10 the ridicule as Trump has taken they would have taken their candy asses home.

Did you forget the ripping that George W "man and fish can coexist" Bush took while in office.

There was no comparison between Bush and Trump's amount of ridicule.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Why Can't Trump Take a Joke?

Because he's a bad orange man with a stink butt who is a bad man with a face and he's a doofus.

SnF!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: kingsquirel

Take a joke.... Hell Op if any of the other former standing Potus's had taken 1/10 the ridicule as Trump has taken they would have taken their candy asses home.

Did you forget the ripping that George W "man and fish can coexist" Bush took while in office.

There was no comparison between Bush and Trump's amount of ridicule.

You might be a little too young to remember when Bush basically said that God told him to invade Iraq in front of the entire world. So, yeah, he was ripped into just as much as Trump, only got worse as his presidency went on, you know, with the whole torturing people thing that Dick talked him into along with the legally questionable wars.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

a reply to: strongfp

I think thats a good answer to the question as to why they take the piss out of him so much, quite a interesting thought as to how different the media would be if he were less about "FAKE NEWS" and my personal favourite "the press are an enemy of the people".

If you think about it though if he would just take a joke as a joke, or even ignore it this wouldn't be as much of an issue I think.

I think that's a key point. If Trump were to just ignore it, it would probably (mostly) go away. Sure, the POTUS is always going to be made fun of. That's part and parcel of the position.

That's the typical response of parents/teachers/etc when someone is bullying a kid. "Just ignore them, if you take it to heart and show them that you're upset, then the bully wins. If you show them that what they're saying doesn't bother you, then the bully has no power and stops because it gets old/boring."
If Trump did exactly that, and stopped lashing out at the media so much, the amount of ridicule would inevitably go down. Don't fuel the fire, and the fire burns out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join